Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Ever Heard Of The Chinese Magical Hard Drive? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ever Heard Of The Chinese Magical Hard Drive? (1026 Views)

How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card / How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Heard Of The Chinese Magical Hard Drive? by Onos55: 3:41am On Apr 08, 2011
Wonders, they say, will never end. Have a read of the story below (source: http://blog.jitbit.com/2011/04/chinese-magic-drive.html):

Chinese Magical Hard-Drive

A Russian friend of mine has posted this absolutely amazing story.

He works at a hard-drive repair center in a Russian town, located near the Chinese border. A couple of days ago a customer has brought a broken 500Gb USB-drive that he had bought in a Chinese store across the river, for an insanely low price. But the drive was not working: if you, say, save a movie onto the drive, playing the saved movie back resulted in replaying just the last 5 minutes of the film.

The whole service center was rolling on the floor laughing. This was not the first time someone has brought a disk like that. And the previous drives were also bought in China,  They opened up the drive right before the astonished customer's eyes. This is what they saw:

It's a 128-MB flash-drive. Working in a "looped" mode - when it runs out of space, it starts overwriting from the beginning. My friend said they're still trying to figure out how did the Chinese do that. Because the drive reports "correct" file sizes and disk-capacity. And the "looped-overwriting" does not touch the other files present on the drive.

The device looks pretty convincing - lots of tech labels and stuff,  The Chinese salesman even saved something to the drive to demonstrate that it "works" in the store.

Source: http://blog.jitbit.com/2011/04/chinese-magic-drive.html

Re: Ever Heard Of The Chinese Magical Hard Drive? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2011
damn chinks. lol
Re: Ever Heard Of The Chinese Magical Hard Drive? by Bawss1(m): 10:29am On Apr 08, 2011
Them dey vex o. cheesy cheesy
Re: Ever Heard Of The Chinese Magical Hard Drive? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 08, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: Ever Heard Of The Chinese Magical Hard Drive? by engrhamid(m): 11:54pm On Apr 08, 2011
what else can i say?
Can't just stop laughing.
Creativity in progress!
Re: Ever Heard Of The Chinese Magical Hard Drive? by alienYOUTH(m): 2:17am On Apr 09, 2011
shocked Un-be-lieve-able shocked
Re: Ever Heard Of The Chinese Magical Hard Drive? by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 11, 2011
I love china, not really.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Upgrade From Win 7 Starter To Win 7 Ultimate / need help with my new Hp 650 / I Need Hp 530 Laptop Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.