Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules (2161 Views)

First University In Onitsha Has Been Approved By Federal Government Yesterday(ph / University Of Nigeria Becomes First University To Adopt Renewable Energy / UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Sixsigmahub: 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
The post-utme examination is a physical test conducted by various University and Polytechnics in Nigeria to screen incoming fresh candidates of the institution. Due to the covid-19, the test has been delayed in government-owned schools. However, the University of Lagos (UNILAG) has taken the lead in conducting an online(non-physical) post utme screening for its aspirants. The screening starts today, the 15th of February, 2021.

According to Vanguard, Vice-Chancellor of the institution, Prof. Oluwatoyin Ogundipe released a virtual guide on sunday ahead of its maiden non-physical post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) test, urging candidates to avoid acts that could disqualify them.

He revealed that the screening test would run for nine days and would end on Feb. 23, adding that candidates would be able to write the test wherever they would be.

According to the guide he released, candidates’ activities during the period of the aptitude test will be monitored and recorded.

He said, “It is important to note that candidates will be required to attempt the test with a webcam and microphone-enabled device. For optimal experience, use of mobile phones for the test is discouraged. Candidates are equally forbidden from covering their webcams during the period of the aptitude test. Our inability to see the candidate at any time during the test may result in disqualification.”

READ MORE .... https:///unilag-starts-nigerias-first-online-post-utme-releases-strict-rules/

1 Like

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by doggedfighter(f): 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2021
I hope adequate preparations and provisions are made for these.

We like copying technologies that we are barely ready for. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by StreetPreacher: 10:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
there can still be fraud with the webcam and all. I will score 100/100 if I took this kind of exam. they should consider the loopholes. they should think outside the box. I won't talk much. if you know you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by edoairways: 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2021
StreetPreacher:
there can still be fraud with the webcam and all. I will score 100/100 if I took this kind of exam. they should consider the loopholes. they should think outside the box. I won't talk much. if you know you know
So what do you suggest?

2 Likes

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Permesso: 6:48am On Feb 16, 2021
If the camera from the system covers the person body and hand, connected with sound device i guess it will be hard to cheat, but are not yet that advances technologically. But we will try and start from somewhere.
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by StreetPreacher: 7:08am On Feb 16, 2021
edoairways:

So what do you suggest?
I would suggest it's not done. students who are knowledgeable in ICT and can use some very common devices not costlier than 3k can get someone sit with them and supply them the answers without anyone detecting no matter how strict the rules are. except the exam has to be taken in a police station..lol.

I wouldn't want to share more about this here. I wouldn't want to support malpractice. I just feel the school should know better
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by edoairways: 8:23am On Feb 16, 2021
StreetPreacher:

I would suggest it's not done. students who are knowledgeable in ICT and can use some very common devices not costlier than 3k can get someone sit with them and supply them the answers without anyone detecting no matter how strict the rules are. except the exam has to be taken in a police station..lol.

I wouldn't want to share more about this here. I wouldn't want to support malpractice. I just feel the school should know better
Countries who conduct online exams, how were they able to do it?

1 Like

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by StreetPreacher: 8:35am On Feb 16, 2021
edoairways:

It's not impossible to conduct online exams. it's not 100% possible to stop a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by edoairways: 8:38am On Feb 16, 2021
StreetPreacher:

It's not impossible to conduct online exams. it's not 100% possible to stop a fraud.
Yeah
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by StreetPreacher: 8:39am On Feb 16, 2021
edoairways:

I have read all the rules UNILAG gave. if I took that exam, I'd score 90%. I'd leave the other 10% so they don't suspect me...lol
if they continue, I'd come for medicine and surgery. I'd fault the system anytime any day

1 Like

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Ayo2004: 8:53am On Feb 16, 2021
StreetPreacher:

So fraud doesn't go on in physical exams ...seems like u dont know how many of them were disqualified yesterday
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Sixsigmahub: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2021
StreetPreacher:
I have read all the rules UNILAG gave. if I took that exam, I'd score 90%. I'd leave the other 10% so they don't suspect me...lol
if they continue, I'd come for medicine and surgery. I'd fault the system anytime any day

Brother e sure for you ooooo.
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Sixsigmahub: 9:23am On Feb 16, 2021
Ayo2004:

So fraud doesn't go on in physical exams ...seems like u dont know how many of them were disqualified yesterday

This thing is actually harder than it seems on the outside. How many 16 yo can operate a computer on their own? They were instructed not to have anyone around them. Just imagine! There are actually gonna be a lot of failures.
On the other hand, I commend the effort of Unilag in infusing technology into its educational system. A footstep for other universities in Nigeria to follow. Bravo!

2 Likes

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by edoairways: 10:07am On Feb 16, 2021
StreetPreacher:
Note that the exam is 50% while Jamb is 50%. Jamb determine who is admitted not Unilag
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Ayo2004: 10:11am On Feb 16, 2021
Sixsigmahub:

This thing is actually harder than it seems on the outside. How many 16 yo can operate a computer on their own? They were instructed not to have anyone around them. Just imagine! There are actually gonna be a lot of failures.
On the other hand, I commend the effort of Unilag in infusing technology into its educational system. A footstep for other universities in Nigeria to follow. Bravo!
Any 16year old that cannot operate a simple computing task such as clicking the right answer,clicking next question,previous question and submitting the exam doesnt deserve to be in the university...9 year olds are operating computers like hackers and here you are saying something else

6 Likes

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by harjorlarh(m): 11:07am On Feb 16, 2021
Actually OOU is the first to run online post utme

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by StreetPreacher: 11:18am On Feb 16, 2021
Ayo2004:

people would definitely be disqualified if they violate the rules
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by StreetPreacher: 11:18am On Feb 16, 2021
edoairways:

Note that the exam is 50% while Jamb is 50%. Jamb determine who is admitted not Unilag
yea... right

1 Like

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by StreetPreacher: 11:20am On Feb 16, 2021
edoairways:

I can claim all 50% from putme . even if I do not read well for the jamb, I can still score 250

1 Like

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Sixsigmahub: 11:35am On Feb 16, 2021
Ayo2004:

Any 16year old that cannot operate a simple computing task such as clicking the right answer,clicking next question,previous question and submitting the exam doesnt deserve to be in the university...9 year olds are operating computers like hackers and here you are saying something else

Broo, you talking like you are in the U.S.A. You forget this is Nigeria? 9yo operating like hackers Where did you see that one biko? How many of them?? Are students in the primary and secondary education level being exposed to computer facilities before they got to the universities? Don,t be suprised most of them don't know what left clicking is.
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Ayo2004: 11:50am On Feb 16, 2021
Sixsigmahub:

Broo, you talking like you are in the U.S.A. You forget this is Nigeria? 9yo operating like hackers Where did you see that one biko? How many of them?? Are students in the primary and secondary education level being exposed to computer facilities before they got to the universities? Don,t be suprised most of them don't know what left clicking is.
In many nigerian schools now,children are able to operate the computer well....all of the students who are writing unilag post-utme wrote jamb where they were guided on how to answer the exams online and there is no different in jamb exam and unilag post utme,I can't even believe u are insinuating the unilag post utme is not good because of many students ignorance to operate simple computer operations such as right click..any student that is not able to do that should not even write the exam as he/she is not worthy to be in the university and you are here defending their ignorance,nawa o

3 Likes

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Kingdemi212019: 11:51am On Feb 16, 2021
Lol � I go score 97/100 if I seat for the exam , because me as a bad guy nah recorded video I go play for them , forget webcam and microphone, me wey dey run fake video call on hangout, zoom, Skype,Facebook, WhatsApp ... Unilag putme go be like child play
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Seeksnigeria: 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2021
Kingdemi212019:
Lol � I go score 97/100 if I seat for the exam , because me as a bad guy nah recorded video I go play for them , forget webcam and microphone, me wey dey run fake video call on hangout, zoom, Skype,Facebook, WhatsApp ... Unilag putme go be like child play

Brother I hail oooo
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by tuzle(m): 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2021
Unilag isn't the first school to do online post utme check ur facts. OOU also did online p utme, and those of u that are planning to do expo, do it first and let's us see the result.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Seeksnigeria: 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
tuzle:
Unilag isn't the first school to do online post utme check ur facts. OOU also did online p utme, and those of u that are planning to do expo, do it first and let's us see the result.

It's like this guy did not pass ooooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Seeksnigeria: 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2021
doggedfighter:
I hope adequate preparations and provisions are made for these.

We like copying technologies that we are barely ready for. undecided

I agree with you. They need to be taught how to operate computer systems from their secondary schools.

1 Like

Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by tuzle(m): 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2021
Seeksnigeria:

guy I am a 300l student of funaab
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Melancholy(m): 8:50pm On Feb 16, 2021
l believe in my school as we've been downloading our notes from LMS, and as well holding classes online via zoom app and l can tell you that it has been a hitch-free process so far!
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by Sixsigmahub: 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2021
Melancholy:
l believe in my school as we've been downloading our notes from LMS, and as well holding classes online via zoom app and l can tell you that it has been a hitch-free process so far!

This is an examination brooo, not a class. They were given strict rules. So this is not a matter of you downloading notes from anywhere
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by flex04(m): 12:59am On Feb 17, 2021
Seeksnigeria:

You are wicked
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by flex04(m): 1:01am On Feb 17, 2021
StreetPreacher:

Bros don't visit this thread till I'm done with mine grin
Re: Unilag is the First University To Run Online Post Utme, Sets Strict Rules by flex04(m): 1:03am On Feb 17, 2021
Permesso:
If the camera from the system covers the person body and hand, connected with sound device i guess it will be hard to cheat, but are not yet that advances technologically. But we will try and start from somewhere.

If a webcam could do that, then the student won't see the screen well

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mother And Daughter Graduate Together From Medical School, Both Become Doctors / How To Obtain A Transcript From Ui? / 2010 Waec English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.