Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu (561 Views)

Sunday Igboho Is A Hero – Reno Omokri Says As Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Lagos / Rafiu Kolawole: Sunday Igboho Is A Rascal, Not Fit To Fight Yoruba Battle / Remmy Hazzan: Sunday Igboho Is Welcome In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu by EgobiambuEmmanuel(m): 12:36am On Feb 16, 2021
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State believes that Sunday Adeyemi “Igboho” is a child of circumstance, noting that the situations that led to his interventions in security issues should be examined.

“Sunday Igboho is a child of circumstance. We must look at the circumstance that led to each of these interventions,” the Chairman of the South-West Governors’ Forum said on Monday during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

Akeredolu noted that “There are things that we do at times that you have to know what led to them. Those circumstances might not be justifiable, might not be legal, but again when you look at it, you’ll know we are a child of circumstance.”

The governor who was elected for a second term in office in October 2020, however, admitted that he does not support illegality and people taking laws into their hands.

“I for one, I’ve always said that I will not support anyone taking laws into his own hands. That’s why I had to go to Ibadan,” the governor, 64, explained.

“That’s why I will go to every other place in the South-West to preach about illegality and that we are against illegal actions. We are not for it at all.”

Igboho had risen to prominence after he issued a quit notice to criminal herders in Oyo State accused of crimes in the area.

Oyo State has in recent times been at the centre of clashes between groups, the latest being the violence at the Shasha market in Akinyele Local Government Area of Ibadan, the state capital.

A Call For Calm

Akeredolu had in the wake of the clash, called for calm, urging residents not to take the laws into their hands.

“We do not support violence and in particular, brigandage, jungle justice and unnecessary self-help,” he said.

“We note with delight, the efforts of our brother Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde of Oyo State who has taken very bold steps to stave off the further escalation of the violence by imposing curfew in the affected areas.”

Lala, Mynd44

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/02/15/insecurity-sunday-igboho-is-a-child-of-circumstance-akeredolu/
Re: Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu by SoBright101: 12:39am On Feb 16, 2021
Gone are the days when a barren region dictates to the region that feeds them.
Igboho is an hero no matter what you called him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu by Shedrack777: 1:10am On Feb 16, 2021
my only fear is that this just course sunday is fighting now, will ultimately shatter cus of greed that'll engulf his mind. if i lie, ask nnandi kanu.
Re: Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu by MayorofLagos(m): 1:21am On Feb 16, 2021
EgobiambuEmmanuel:
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State believes that Sunday Adeyemi “Igboho” is a child of circumstance, noting that the situations that led to his interventions in security issues should be examined.

“Sunday Igboho is a child of circumstance. We must look at the circumstance that led to each of these interventions,” the Chairman of the South-West Governors’ Forum said on Monday during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

Akeredolu noted that “There are things that we do at times that you have to know what led to them. Those circumstances might not be justifiable, might not be legal, but again when you look at it, you’ll know we are a child of circumstance.”

The governor who was elected for a second term in office in October 2020, however, admitted that he does not support illegality and people taking laws into their hands.

“I for one, I’ve always said that I will not support anyone taking laws into his own hands. That’s why I had to go to Ibadan,” the governor, 64, explained.

“That’s why I will go to every other place in the South-West to preach about illegality and that we are against illegal actions. We are not for it at all.”

Igboho had risen to prominence after he issued a quit notice to criminal herders in Oyo State accused of crimes in the area.

Oyo State has in recent times been at the centre of clashes between groups, the latest being the violence at the Shasha market in Akinyele Local Government Area of Ibadan, the state capital.

A Call For Calm

Akeredolu had in the wake of the clash, called for calm, urging residents not to take the laws into their hands.

“We do not support violence and in particular, brigandage, jungle justice and unnecessary self-help,” he said.

“We note with delight, the efforts of our brother Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde of Oyo State who has taken very bold steps to stave off the further escalation of the violence by imposing curfew in the affected areas.”

Lala, Mynd44

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/02/15/insecurity-sunday-igboho-is-a-child-of-circumstance-akeredolu/

What law and illegality is Akeredolu talking about? This is rubbish talk abeg, make this man park for one corner. It is nonsense talk like this that make fulani think they are above everyone.

What legality or law allows police and army to flog and torture citizens who refused fulani grazing access on their personal farm?

Has Akeredolu gone to Yewa to address army and police illegality?

These leaders are crazy. They only have mouth to reprimand Yoruba, when fulani violate law they cant talk. This man went with Makinde to go appease seriki fulani in Sasa before they had paid visit to Baale. Who should be their first point of call, the Baale, who is head of the domain, or the seriki who leads settlers on the domain?

Akeredolu has his priorities wrong. Igboho is not a child of circumstance, he is purposeful and courageous. Akeredolu, get lost, and shut up! Stop throwing Yoruba under bus to shift pressure from Abuja. Awon agba osi!

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu by Nobody: 2:04am On Feb 16, 2021
Shedrack777:
my only fear is that this just course sunday is fighting now, will ultimately shatter cus of greed that'll engulf his mind. if i lie, ask nnandi kanu.

Haaaaa chinedu fear God now! You are already sad Yoruba are finding solution to their problems when they are not suegbe like ur leaders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu by YungMillionaire: 4:01am On Feb 16, 2021
cool
Re: Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu by JaneYave(f): 4:39am On Feb 16, 2021
Most Nigerian children are children of circumstance. All I know is with the system we have now, it's not worth it.
Re: Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu by backnbeta(f): 4:45am On Feb 16, 2021
Our leaders speaking from both sides of the mouth as usual undecided

I think he's trying to say we should look at the reason why Yorubas had to fight the fulanis back in the first place, because they started the wahala. But as usual, they will be speaking in silly parables so that they won't be caught defending their kinsmen, unlike their northern counterpart who never hide their support for their people, even when the whole nation is against them undecided
Re: Insecurity: Sunday Igboho Is A Child Of Circumstance -Akeredolu by orunto27: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2021
When God raises Soldiers from the stones, God was referring to Natural Justice which embodies the innate Characteristics of the People and their conventions.

The momentary inpromtu interactions of IGBOHO WAS GOD'S GIVEN DIVIDEND OF THAT MOMENT. A MIRACLE.

HOW WAS MOSES ABLE TO SINK A WHOLE PHARAOH INTO THE RED SEA? GIVE A FULANI A MISS AND HE WILL TAKE MANY MILES AND LEAVE UNTOLD DEVASTATION IN HIS PATH.

(1) (Reply)

The Developers Should Know That Lokoja Was Once Capital Of Nigeria / Real Iskilu Wakili Is At Large, Not The Old Man In Police Custody- Fani-kayode / Key IPOB And ESN Secret Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.