Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology (344 Views)

Ukraine Assembles 'IT Army' To Hack Sites From Russia, Allie / VenezuelaOnly: YANKEE PLOT TO OVERTHROW NICOLÁS MADURO AND STEAL VENEZUELA’S OIL / Here's What Would Happen If North Korea Tried To Shoot Down A US Bomber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2021
North Korea has attempted to hack Pfizer and steal its Covid vaccine technology, reports say. The isolated nation has still not reported a single case of coronavirus and is due to receive two million doses of the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine.

Last year suspected North Korean hackers tried to break into at least nine health organisations, including Johnson & Johnson, Novavax Inc, and AstraZeneca. And now, South Korea’s National Intelligence Service (NIS) say they’ve detected an attempted hack at Pfizer, Yonhap news agency reports.

It’s still not known if the hack was successful or when it took place. The NIS said it had also foiled attempts to hack companies developing vaccines in South Korea.

Digital espionage against health bodies, vaccine scientists and drugmakers has intensified during the pandemic as state-backed hacking groups scramble to obtain the latest research and information about the outbreak.

North Korea is often accused of turning to an army of hackers to fill cash-strapped government coffers amid international sanctions that ban most international trade with the country.

Health experts have said the country’s hackers may be more interested in selling the stolen vaccine data than using it to develop a homegrown jab.

North Korea has still not confirmed any coronavirus infection, but the NIS says an outbreak cannot be ruled out as the country had active trade and people-to-people exchanges with China before closing the border in early 2020.

Leader Kim Jong Un’s wife, Ri Sol Ju, who hasn’t been seen in public for more than a year, is reportedly keeping a low profile to avoid a risk of infection from Covid.
Source: https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/16/north-korea-tried-to-hack-pfizer-and-steal-covid-vaccine-technology-14088614/?ito=cbshare

cc: lalasticlala

Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by LMS1(m): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2021
Its Only South Korea, Japan And China That Are A Bit Self Sufficient.
But Everytime This Puffy Man Go Just Dey Claim Say Him No Need Support From Other Countries.
Las Las Dem Go Wan Pass Trough Back Door Collect Wetin Dem Lack.
Sha Dem Stlil Better Pass One West African Country Like Dat Wey Still The Import Toothpickcheesy
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by Ottyn01(m): 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2021
I fear who no fear Norh korea grin

I think they should organize a friendly war match between North Korea and China I want to check something cool
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by Nastydroid(m): 4:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
shocked
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by Cpossibility(m): 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2021
cry
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by Freestainworld(m): 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2021
This God forsaken country
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by internationalman(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2021
Talk about stealing from the enemy..

America keep training and selling ideas out to these Asians and they think they can outsmart or outdo the US of A.

God Bless America
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by DenreleDave(m): 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2021
Useless country.... At least Nigeria still better pass the rubbish country
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by Nbotee(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
Dats how their hackers have been hacking into banks and crypto wallets
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by Ekejoestar(m): 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2021
Health experts have said the country’s hackers may be more interested in selling the stolen vaccine data than using it to develop a homegrown jab.

Well I believe that they can copy the data, then sell one and use the other one to manufacture their own homegrown jab.

Too much sense
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by panafrican(m): 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2021
Good.
Cheating is part of international relations grin
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by gbolagunte81693: 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2021
I fear who no fear Norh korea I think they should organize a friendly war match between North Korea and China I want to check something
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by BlackfireX: 11:07am On Feb 17, 2021
What is wrong with this puff puff boy... I am going to North Korea to slap that boy...
Re: North Korea Tried To Hack Pfizer And Steal Covid Vaccine Technology by theFilmtric: 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin Wins The Most Sexiest Man In Russia / Dozens Killed In Isreali Religious Festival Crush / Philippines Plane Crash - At Least 50 Dead, Dozens Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.