Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. (658 Views)

Usman Buda: Mob Beats Butcher To Death Over Alleged Blasphemy In Sokoto State / Armed Bandits Kill 12 In Sokoto State (Photos) / Girl Who Was Kidnapped At A Party In Port-Harcourt, Found After 4 Years. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 7victor(m): 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2021
Last year, I was looking for a room in Sokoto state.

My rent had expired in Runjin sambo where I was living and I didn't want to pay such exorbitant price because someone told me I could get a cheap price at kwanawa.

Then on the 13th of August,2020, I left my room in Runjin sambo to go to kwanawa.

Something told me to carry some thousands of naira with me.

I just felt the urge to carry some money in my pocket.

I usually keep all my money in the house and only go out with the money that I want to spend for that moment.

I don't usually carry up to N10,000 with me if I am going out no matter how much I get.

But that day, I felt an urge to carry extra cash with me.

The money I carried that day was about N 8,000, although I can't really remember.

I climbed bike and as we entered an area in kwanawa along Sokoto/Gusau highway,

where there are no houses but open Savannah with short trees,

I was blocked by some bandits who normally come out suddenly to kidnap people.

They took me off the bike and took me inside the bush.

They let the bike man to go.

As they were taking me inside the bush,I started pleading with them.

I told them I had some few thousands of naira with me, that they should collect it and release me.

I told them that they would still kidnap another person if they let me go.

So they should take all the money on me and let me go, since they would still kidnap another person.

At first, they refused.

They felt insulted when they discovered the money on me was not even up to N10,000.

These are the people whose aim is to collect millions as ransom.

I persevered by telling them to let me go and get another person.

I brought out all the money in my pocket and handed it over to one of them.

I said "please let me go.Use this to buy cigarettes.You can catch another person."

Suddenly,he collected the money and told the other kidnappers to let me go, that they would get someone else.

Other kidnappers didn't want to agree.

But he said they should release me.

Immediately they let me go and I started running out of the bush,

they came again to the road and pick up someone else.

If you are passing, you would not know that kidnapping is taking place, because they will just come out to the Sokoto/Gusau highway, pick 2 or 3 people and disappeared into the bush.

I thank God because he was the one who prompted me to carry some money with me otherwise I don't know if I would have been alive today.

Some people that were kidnapped ended up being killed.

The recent case was a Reverend in Sokoto who was beaten to death in the bush.

I use this medium to plead with the readers: Always listen to your heart when going out of the house.

If you feel a strong urge to carry something with you when going out, do so.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by gasparpisciotta: 9:38pm On Feb 16, 2021
Thank God for your life bro, you listened to your guardian angel, some don’t live to tell their story.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 7victor(m): 9:42pm On Feb 16, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Thank God for your life bro, you listened to your guardian angel, some don’t live to tell their story.

Thank you.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by heendrix(m): 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2021
7victor:

My rent had expired in Runjin sambo where I was living and I didn't want to pay such exorbitant price because someone told me I could get a cheap price at kwanawa.

Then on the 13th of August,2020, I left my room in Runjin sambo to go to kwanawa.

I usually keep all my money in the house and only go out with the money that I want to spend for that moment.

I don't usually carry up to N10,000 with me if I am going out no matter how much I get.

The money I carried that day was about N 8,000, although I can't really remember.

I told them I had some few thousands of naira with me, that they should collect it and release me.

So they should take all the money on me and let me go, since they would still kidnap another person.

At first, they refused.

They felt insulted when they discovered the money on me was not even up to N10,000.

I said "please let me go.Use this to buy cigarettes.You can catch another person."

Suddenly,he collected the money and told the other kidnappers to let me go, that they would get someone else.

Others kidnappers didn't want to agree.

If you are passing, you would not know that kidnapping is taking place, because they will just come out to the Sokoto/Gusau highway, pick 2 or 3 people and disappeared into the bush.

I thank God because he was the one who prompted me to carry some money with me otherwise I don't know if I would have been alive today.

I use this medium to plead with the readers: Always listen to your heart when going out of the house.

Omo you dey scare me o I plan come Sokoto con hustle but this one dey fear me big time

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2021
what a story! Thank God for your life....
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2021
I don't think Nigeria can overcome this issue of kidnapping.

Especially when they don't have trained and well equipped officers.

Talk more,skilled detectives.

Everyone should be mindful of where they go and how they move.

Cause trust me,in Nigeria,

No one gives a hoot about you. Even if you get kidnapped today,the government will only "express shock"

Let's all be guided.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 7victor(m): 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2021
heendrix:

Omo you dey scare me o I plan come Sokoto con hustle but this one dey fear me big time

You can still go there.Nothing to be scared of.

No place is safer than the other in Nigeria today.

It is God that protects.

Although I have left Sokoto for now.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by heendrix(m): 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2021
7victor:

You can still go there.Nothing to be scared of.

No place is safer than the other in Nigeria today.

It is God that protects.

Although I have left Sokoto for now.

I guess where you were going is near Zamfara I guess prolly reason for the abduction

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 7victor(m): 9:59pm On Feb 16, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
what a story!
Thank God for your life....

Amen.Thank you.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 7victor(m): 10:02pm On Feb 16, 2021
StacyO:
I don't think Nigeria can overcome this issue of kidnapping.

Especially when they don't have trained and well equipped officers.

Talk more,skilled detectives.

Everyone should be mindful of where they go and how they move.

Cause trust me,in Nigeria,

No one gives a hoot about you. Even if you get kidnapped today,the government will only "express shock"

Let's all be guided.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 7victor(m): 10:07pm On Feb 16, 2021
heendrix:

I guess where you were going is near Zamfara I guess prolly reason for the abduction

No it is not near Zamfara.

It is still in Sokoto state around the Gusau highway.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by heendrix(m): 10:11pm On Feb 16, 2021
7victor:

No it is not near Zamfara.

It is still in Sokoto state around the Gusau highway.

Ok bro but is it safe in the city?? was Born in Wurnu but I can't navigate my way thr Sokoto plus I've forgotten how to speak Hausa

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 7victor(m): 10:17pm On Feb 16, 2021
heendrix:

Ok bro but is safe in the city?? was Born in Wurnu but I can't navigate my way thr Sokoto plus I've forgotten how to speak Hausa again

Ok.

Yes the city is safe. I mean within the gates of Sokoto state capital, there is safety.

I experienced this kidnapping outside the gate, after the barracks,in the area commonly called kwanawa.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by heendrix(m): 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2021
7victor:

Ok.
Yes the city is safe.
And no problem being a Christian??
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 7victor(m): 10:33pm On Feb 16, 2021
heendrix:

And no problem being a Christian??

There is no problem being a Christian.

There are so many southern Christians there.

People say that it is the most religious tolerant state in the north, but I don't know how true it is.

Religious violence is almost unheard of in Sokoto state.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by heendrix(m): 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2021
7victor:

There is no problem being a Christian.

There are so many southern Christians there.

People say that it is the most religious tolerant state in the north, but I don't know how true it is.

Religious violence is almost unheard of in Sokoto state.

Ok bro sorry for what happened, may God bring bout peace to the state n country at large
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 7victor(m): 11:05pm On Feb 16, 2021
heendrix:

Ok bro sorry for what happened, may God bring bout peace to the state n country at large

Amen.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by TATALoAlaMu: 12:21am On Feb 17, 2021

Nice negotiation skills. I usually tell police at checkpoints
that I'm not the one they are looking for that they would definitely get the person since I committed no crime and it works like magic. grin.

Thank God for your life and your impulsive reasoning

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by aderinsola75355: 5:51am On Feb 17, 2021
what a story!
Thank God for your life....
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by dederocs(m): 6:09am On Feb 17, 2021
Good negotiating skills...thank God for you, your job now is to put pressure to ensure authorities carry out raids in those places.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by Thomthom(m): 7:43am On Feb 17, 2021
heendrix:

which kind hustle be that... Bandits don full North you better stay for were you dey and hustle...
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by heendrix(m): 8:10am On Feb 17, 2021
Thomthom:
which kind hustle be that... Bandits don full North you better stay for were you dey and hustle...

Nothing dey south here na
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by rapcy(m): 8:14am On Feb 17, 2021
Na wah oo
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by adecz: 9:40am On Feb 17, 2021
That is what has become of
Nigeria under Buhari.. undecided undecided undecided
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 1F30M4(f): 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2021
7victor:

At first, they refused.

Other kidnappers didn't want to agree.

Thank God for your life.. Yess you're very right, it's alwayss good to follow one's instincts or gut feeling, they're almost never wrong.. Good you found a way to get your offer across to them even when they refused initially.. I'm glad you're able to tell your story, not many lived to tell theirs
Re: How I Was Kidnapped In Sokoto State. by 7victor(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2021
1F30M4:

Thank God for your life.. Yess you're very right, it's alwayss good to follow one's instincts or gut feeling, they're almost never wrong.. Good you found a way to get your offer across to them even when they refused initially.. I'm glad you're able to tell your story, not many lived to tell theirs

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Find My Brother / [UPDATE] Policemen Killed As Gunmen Attack Abia Police Station (photos, Video) / Suspected Kidnapper Disguised As A Parent Arrested While Trying To Abduct School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.