Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

The Joys And Challenges Of Traveling In Sicily - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Joys And Challenges Of Traveling In Sicily (131 Views)

Sicily, Syracuse. Philistis, Wife Of Hieron Ii. 275-215 Bc. Ar 16 Litrai / Is Lagos Being Run Like A Little Sicily? / Car Traveling From Lagos To Kano Involved In Accident. Many Burnt (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Joys And Challenges Of Traveling In Sicily by summerwilliam: 7:34pm On Feb 17, 2021
Traveling to Sicily was fun and challenging. That trip nearly spoiled me.

I never expected that. Italy is one of my favorite zones. I often go to Italy. I have visited around 15 regions out of 20 regions of Italy. I stayed in Florence for five months, I am not that fluent in speaking Italian.

As I have visited so many regions of Italy, I can say that I am most comfortable with this country. I know how things work, what should I eat, what should I wear, what should I do when things turn different than planned. I am aware of the penalties for not getting a train ticket. If you are planning your trip to Sicily city, look for catamarano in Sicilia.

I thought I understand Italy before I went to Sicily.

Sicily was the eleventh region I visited in Italy (after enjoying regions like Tuscany, Lazio, Liguria, Veneto, and many more). Since then, I’ve visited four more regions (Piemonte, Molise, Le Marche, and Friuli Venezia-Giulia) and tried to travel throughout the country.

I can say that Sicily, an Italian region is least common of all other Italy’s regions.

Sicily is challenging for wildness in the way the overgrown plants on the highway, huge rocks rising out of the sea, children ride their bikes at around 2:00 AM.

A lot of communication issues can be seen here. English is the only language that was spoken in some of the tourist places, and in the more rural areas, the locals spoke Sicilian accent, which is quite different from the Italian accent.

Due to this, even if I spoke Italian with residents, it was hard to understand the language of each other. I could only understand a word or two out of the whole sentence.

The Sicily travel experience was fun and embarrassing at times. Traveling in Italy is comfortable for me, and I felt embarrassed during my Sicily travel.

Well, I feel better now because I am not the only one who felt like this. There are many more travelers who feel the same. I feel glad when I read their comments expressing their feelings after visiting Sicily.
In spite of some difficulties, Sicily is an incredible holiday destination spot. The place is full of natural beauty and has so many cultural spots. The villagers welcome you so warmly and are very friendly. Their food tastes awesome. Everything looks fresh like sunshine.

So, are you still thinking if you should visit Sicily? Here’s what you need to know:

Useful Tips for Travelers planning to visit Sicily

If you’re planning to include Sicily in your next trip, you need to plan something extra than what you would need during your trip to other regions in Italy.

Here are some of our top recommendations for Sicily:

Stick to the Path if you aren’t an Experienced Traveler

If you stay on the path, visiting Sicily won’t be a tough job. Most travelers visit Sicily and follow the beaten path. If you follow the same path, you won’t face challenges that most travelers like me faced.

While visiting Eastern Sicily, stick to the path to the Aeolian Islands, Taormina, Mount Etna, Siracusa, and the Baroque cities (Ragusa, Modica, Noto).

While visiting Western Sicily, stick to the beaten path to Trapani, Cefalù, Erice, Agrigento, and the western islands like Pantelleria. You can also visit clear water beaches.

In most Italian regions, Italy or English is used to communicate with each other. These destinations have developed infrastructure for foreign travelers and offer a relaxed ambiance.

If you are not an experienced traveler, it is advised to follow the beaten path to avoid challenges while traveling.

The easiest way to get to any destination is by hiring a taxi. I recommend getting in touch with Vacanza in Barca in Sicilia they offer quality service at affordable prices according to other European countries.

You can rent a car here. Their prices are fair and when you plan to explore Sicily, you don’t want to spend time checking buses and train schedules to take you to your destination. But beware of crazy drivers. It is said that drivers in Italy drive rashly.

(1) (Reply)

Rosy Meurer Speaks On Snatching Tonto Dikeh's Ex-husband, Churchil, Tonto React / Nigerian Newspapers: Top 10 Headlines For Fri, Feb 19th, 2021 / Https://youtu.be/9nfy17noe1o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.