Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,251 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Jesus himself believes in One God his God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus himself believes in One God his God (1317 Views)

Nigerians In The US Reject Bishop Ross Because He Believes In Homosexuality / Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma / Freethinkers How Do You Manage Living In A Country That Believes In Superstition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus himself believes in One God his God by cosiocan(m): 12:08am On Feb 18, 2021
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith,
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee.
Psa 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee
Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God:

1 Like

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by Iamziggy: 3:53am On Feb 18, 2021
They will rush here to tell u dat u need the HOLY SPIRIT to understand the above stated verses
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by harmargedon: 6:25am On Feb 18, 2021
they still wouldn't understand.

1 Like

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:56am On Feb 18, 2021
They will soon come after you for saying this! cheesy
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by haddeylium(m): 9:54am On Feb 18, 2021
cosiocan:
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith,
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee.
Psa 45:7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee
Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God:

Have you heard of ice block theory before? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by sonmvayina(m): 11:27am On Feb 18, 2021
haddeylium:

Have you heard of ice block theory before? grin

Why iceblock? Why not polygon theory?

1 Like

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 18, 2021
I ever know say Trinity na lies from satanic teachers. Jesus has a father he always refred to as Mighty and Superior to him. They are different people

1 Like

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by sonmvayina(m): 11:45am On Feb 18, 2021
If God had a son and was planning to send him on a succide mission wont he at least tell one or two prophets to prepare the people and inform them before hand. He would have written "To be continued" after the book of Malachi. But alas, what we have is.

God DID NOT write "To Be Continued" at end of the Tanach (OT). God said everything He wanted to say in the Tanach and taught the world the whole truth. God DID said "Do Not Add Anything To My Word (the Tanach)"! Then the Christians added their own story (NT) to the end of Tanach and by doing that the Christians ADDED NON-TRUTH TO THE WORD OF GOD!!!!!

Proverbs 30:6 "Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar."

Deuteronomy 4:2 "You must not add to or subtract from what I command you, so that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I am giving you."

Deuteronomy 12:32 "See that you do everything I command you; do not add to it or subtract from it."

Where did christians get this jesus they are calling the "son of God" and worshipping? Who is not a son of God in the real sense?.
Did God command anybody to worship or go through anybody to get to him?. Like The God that he is, he has already warned us before hand "Do not have any other god before me"...

I think its high time we really sit down and know God. Most people have knowledge of the bible but very little understanding..

1 Like

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by haddeylium(m): 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2021
sonmvayina:
If God had a son and was planning to send him on a succide mission wont he at least tell one or two prophets to prepare the people and inform them before hand. He would have written "To be continued" after the book of Malachi. But alas, what we have is.

God DID NOT write "To Be Continued" at end of the Tanach (OT). God said everything He wanted to say in the Tanach and taught the world the whole truth. God DID said "Do Not Add Anything To My Word (the Tanach)"! Then the Christians added their own story (NT) to the end of Tanach and by doing that the Christians ADDED NON-TRUTH TO THE WORD OF GOD!!!!!

Proverbs 30:6 "Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar."

Deuteronomy 4:2 "You must not add to or subtract from what I command you, so that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I am giving you."

Deuteronomy 12:32 "See that you do everything I command you; do not add to it or subtract from it."

Where did christians get this jesus they are calling the "son of God" and worshipping? Who is not a son of God in the real sense?.
Did God command anybody to worship or go through anybody to get to him?. Like The God that he is, he has already warned us before hand "Do not have any other god before me"...

I think its high time we really sit down and know God. Most people have knowledge of the bible but very little understanding..

Why should anyone pay attention to a book you termed as a 'fiction book'?
Of what use is that when they can entertain themselves in any other comic books
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by sonmvayina(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2021
haddeylium:

Why should anyone pay attention to a book you termed as a 'fiction book'?
Of what use is that when they can entertain themselves in any other comic books

Fiction does not mean ot does not hold spiritual truth. The stories are fiction but the message is true.

I know peter pan does not exist, but i understand the story is about friendship.

Onan does not exist, but i know the story is about the dangers of pleasure without respnsibilities.
Goliath might not exist, but i know it teaches me that the obstacle in front of me is no match for the God inside of me...

I know harry potter and Hogwarts does not exist, but i understand the story is about overcoming the demons within like jelousy, envy, backbitting, selfishness...etc.

So on and so forth.
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by enilove(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2021
sonmvayina:

God did told us in the Bible that He was going to send His Son to die for us , in case you don't know :
1)
Isaiah 9:6 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 53:4-5,7 KJV
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. [7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
2)
The old testament testified that God has a Son :

Daniel 3:24-25 KJV
Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. [25] He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Proverbs 30:4 KJV
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Psalm 110:1 KJV
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
3)
Worshipping or calling Jesus God is worshipping the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

For example , to obey the vice President means you are obeying the President also . This is because God the Father and Jesus are united . They are ONE .
Jesus does not have his own agenda . His agenda is to fulfil the agenda of his Father.

John 4:34 KJV
Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
John 8:28-29 KJV
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. [29] And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

THE FATHER IS GREATER THAN THE SON BUT HE THE SON IS GOD LIKE THE FATHER

John 13:13 KJV
Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

1 Like

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by haddeylium(m): 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
sonmvayina:

Fiction does not mean ot does not hold spiritual truth. The stories are fiction but the message is true.
I know peter pan does not exist, but i understand the story is about friendship.
Onan does not exist, but i know the story is about the dangers of pleasure without respnsibilities.
Goliath might not exist, but i know it teaches me that the obstacle in front of me is no match for the God inside of me...
I know harry potter and Hogwarts does not exist, but i understand the story is about overcoming the demons within like jelousy, envy, backbitting, selfishness...etc.
So on and so forth.

Exactly!
Same way the spiritual truth fiction others regarded as Holy shouldn't give you sleepless night cheesy
Others are entitled to their fictions the sameway you're to yours.
What cracked me up is that you're expecting a real Messiah from a fictional book cheesy
Abeggiiii
So Rest, and let individual present the benefit of their fictional books

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by franklytrue(m): 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2021
'Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me
: or else believe me for the very works' sake.' - John 14:9-11

'For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.' - John 5:22-23 (also 1 John 2: 22-23)

God is the Saviour. Jesus is the Saviour. Are there two Saviours? No. He is the same God.

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." - Isaiah 43:11 (Isaiah 43:3, ch 45:15,21, ch 63:8, Psalm 106:21, Hosea 13:4, etc)
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." - Luke 2:11
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" - Titus 2:13 (Acts 5:31, Titus 3:4, 1 John 4:14, Jude 1:25, etc)

"But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
I and my Father ARE ONE." - John 10:26-30

O false Witnesses that have no experiential intimate knowledge of Jehovah and deny His greatness with your revised and amended bible "Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?" - Job 11:7

God is beyond your limited knowledge and flawed reasoning. God hides these things from the 'wise and prudent' and reveals them unto babes. The Son reveals the Father to us and the Father reveals the Son to us. This is a relationship. It is intimate knowledge you cannot get just by reasoning. Humble yourselves and let the Father reveal Himself to you. (Matt. 11:25-27, Luke 10:21-22, John 14:23)

The LORD, he is the God. Jesus Christ is the Lord. Jesus Christ is God.

He is the Word with God in the beginning, that created all things; the Word made flesh -God manifest in flesh.
The Word was God. Jesus Christ is the Word. Jesus Christ is the Lord. Jesus Christ is God. Receive Him as your Saviour, honour Him, worship Him and keep His commandments for you do so to the Father that sent Him. (1 Kings 18:39, John 1:1-18, Phil. 2:9-11, Col. 1:15-19, Heb. 1:1-6, 1John 1:1-18, Matt. 28:18-20, ch 10:40, John 12:48, ch 13:20, 1 John 2:22-23, ch 5:20, 1 Tim. 3:16)

cc: cosiocan
harmargedon
Iamziggy
cc: all JW

1 Like

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:20pm On Feb 18, 2021
Thank God the Trinitarians are here happy discussion! smiley
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by sonmvayina(m): 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
haddeylium:

Exactly!
Same way the spiritual truth fiction others regarded as Holy shouldn't give you sleepless night cheesy
What cracked me up is that you're expecting a real Messiah from a fictional book cheesy
Abeggiiii

Not me...the jews are saying God promised to send them a messiah that wilk deliver them from tbeir enemies and help them build a temple where tbey can resume the sacrifice to tbeir God.
The romans came along, stole the idea and created a character in the person of jesus and ask you to worship him, and you are doing so and forcing other people to do so too. I am pointing out to you that according to the people that owns the initial idea...jesus is an idol.

What have i said that
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by harmargedon: 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2021
franklytrue:
'Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me
: or else believe me for the very works' sake.' - John 14:9-11

'For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.' - John 5:22-23 (also 1 John 22-23)

God is the Saviour. Jesus is the Saviour. Are there two Saviours? No. He is the same God.

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." - Isaiah 43:11 (Isaiah 43:3, ch 45:15,21, ch 63:8, Psalm 106:21, Hosea 13:4, etc)
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." - Luke 2:11
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" - Titus 2:13 (Acts 5:31, Titus 3:4, 1 John 4:14, Jude 1:25, etc)

"But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
I and my Father ARE ONE." - John 10:26-30

O false Witnesses that have no experiential intimate knowledge of Jehovah and deny His greatness with your revised and amended bible "Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?" - Job 11:7

God is beyond your limited knowledge and flawed reasoning. God hides these things from the 'wise and prudent' and reveals them unto babes. The Son reveals the Father to us and the Father reveals the Son to us. This is a relationship. It is intimate knowledge you cannot get just by reasoning. Humble yourselves and let the Father reveal Himself to you. (Matt. 11:25-27, Luke 10:21-22, John 14:23)

Jesus is God. He is the Lord. He is the Word that created all things. Receive Him, honour Him, worship Him and keep His commandments for you do so to the Father that sent Him. (Phil. 2:9-11, Col. 1:15-19, Heb. 1:1-6, 1John 1:1-18, Matt. 28:18-20, ch 10:40, John 12:48, ch 13:20, 1 John 2:22-23, ch 5:20, 1 Tim. 3:16)

cc: cosiocan
harmargedon
Iamziggy
cc: all JW
lol, no one wants to be God. the pharoes believed that after God they were next so also other religions. Jesus himself didn't say he was God, you people made him one. so who's guilty of sin, me or you?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
What's funny about you is how easily you attribute so many other verses in this same book to idioms but when it comes to that of the Messiah you don't want to hear anything like illustration again! cheesy

Well the Messiah has come in person of Jesus Christ and he has freed JWs from our enemies (the enemies of pure worship) that's why our headquarters is stationed in America the most powerful nation who now declared FREEDOM OF SPEECH, EXPRESSION and WORSHIP!
So enemies of pure worship can't help it but to continue agitating underG while God's people move about freely to preach and teach God's word without hindrance.
That's the meaning of what Israelites read in that book! smiley

sonmvayina:

Not me...the jews are saying God promised to send them a messiah that wilk deliver them from tbeir enemies and help them build a temple where tbey can resume the sacrifice to tbeir God.
The romans came along, stole the idea and created a character in the person of jesus and ask you to worship him, and you are doing so and forcing other people to do so too. I am pointing out to you that according to the people that owns the initial idea...jesus is an idol.

What have i said that
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by DappaD: 7:45pm On Feb 18, 2021
haddeylium:

Exactly!
Abeggiiii

Something I picked up from one of the brothers with parts in the recent CA for our circuit:
“Nothing kills faster than hopelessness and despair”
Sonmvayina is even more hopeless than I thought and he might not know the harm he’s doing to himself.
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by sonmvayina(m): 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What's funny about you is how easily you attribute so many other verses in this same book to idioms but when it comes to that of the Messiah you don't want to hear anything like illustration again! cheesy

Well the Messiah has come in person of Jesus Christ and he has freed JWs from our enemies (the enemies of pure worship) that's why our headquarters is stationed in America the most powerful nation who now declared FREEDOM OF SPEECH, EXPRESSION and WORSHIP!
So enemies of pure worship can't help it but to continue agitating underG while God's people move about freely to preach and teach God's word without hindrance.
That's the meaning of what Israelites read in that book! smiley

I was mever in your way...continue.

When the time come for you to wake up...you will definately...

Enjoy your idolatry.
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by sonmvayina(m): 10:06pm On Feb 18, 2021
DappaD:

Something I picked up from one of the brothers with parts in the recent CA for our circuit:
“Nothing kills faster than hopelessness and despair”
Sonmvayina is even more hopeless than I thought and he might not know the harm he’s doing to himself.

Continue to amuse yourself....
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by franklytrue(m): 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
harmargedon:

lol, no one wants to be God. the pharoes believed that after God they were next so also other religions. Jesus himself didn't say he was God, you people made him one. so who's guilty of sin, me or you?

For the record, I am not a Trinitarian. What does that even mean?

You think there weren't many men who wanted to become 'god' or usurped authority as god?
Jesus Himself had declared that if you have seen him you have seen the Father; that he and the Father are one, and the Jews wanted to stone him for making himself equal with God. He lays down his life and he himself takes it up again. Destroy his temple (his body) and he HIMSELF will raise it up again, not another being. He DIED on the cross and he was with the other repentant thief in paradise THAT SAME DAY (Today you will be with me in paradise). There are still more instances.

You either believe all he has said about himself or you call him a liar and the bible false. There is no middle ground.

And what more do you need? If he had expressly declared himself to be God, "Pharisees" like you will still not believe him because you cannot 'hear' his word for you are not his sheep.

What makes you different from your son, if you already have one?
What makes the 'only begotten' Son different from His Father? Do they not have the same divine nature? The same makeup and 'DNA'?

God is the judge. The Father has committed ALL judgement to His Son and all power in heaven and on earth has been given to him, and he shall judge the world for he is the KING OF KINGS, and LORD OF LORDS. His kingdom come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.
He is coming back again very soon to judge and to reign in His kingdom. His kingdom is not of this world.

Is an angel the Saviour of the whole world? Or do you think that it is an angel (as you limit him through your false doctrine) that will judge all of God's creation or it is God's own heir, that is, His own self [Himself] that we can more personally relate to?

Do you limit the OMNIPRESENT, omnipotent and omniscient God from being ALL that He wants to be and to do? Does He not fill the heaven and the earth?
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by DappaD: 2:13am On Feb 19, 2021
franklytrue:

Yes you are a Trinitarian. Just that your own version/opinion as usual differs from the widely accepted version of the so-called “Trinity”.

You think there weren't many men who wanted to become 'god' or usurped authority as god?
1. Jesus Himself had declared that if you have seen him you have seen the Father;
2. that he and the Father are one, and
3. the Jews wanted to stone him for making himself equal with God.
4. He lays down his life and he himself takes it up again. Destroy his temple (his body) and he HIMSELF will raise it up again, not another being. He DIED on the cross and
5. he was with the other repentant thief in paradise THAT SAME DAY (Today you will be with me in paradise). There are still more instances.

So many things wrong in one write-up. After all of these, did Jesus ever say that he was the Father please?

1. Jesus said that his Father is greater than he is at John 14:28 so how can he still be the Father?
Jesus’ disciples well knew that he was the firstborn & only begotten Son of God. Matthew 16:16
So what Jesus said at John 14:9 doesn’t mean he is the Father. You are just trying to quote him out of context.
The Bible made mention of Jehovah’s humility[2Samuel 22:36], Jesus is also able to imitate his Father by exhibiting that beautiful quality. Matthew 11:29, Philippians 2:3-5
And Jesus is able to reflect his Father’s qualities to the maximum degree. Hebrews 1:3

2. Yes Jesus and his Father are ONE just as all of Jesus’ disciples are ONE. John 17:22
Certainly, his disciples did not form a mixture of personalities so John 10:30 suggests that Jehovah and his Son are united in one thought and purpose like Jesus’ disciples also were. Compare 2Corinthians 13:11

3. The Jews were just looking for whatever they could nail Jesus with so they came up all sorts of false accusations against Jesus. The same Jews that alleged that Jesus said taxes shouldn’t be paid to the Roman government? [Luke 23:2] Even when he really said that everyone should use discernment and give what belongs to Caesar back to him? Matthew 22:21
So why should we trust whatever the Jews are saying?

4. Funny how none of the Scriptures attest the resurrection of Jesus to himself. It is always expressions like “God resurrected Jesus” and “God raised up the Lord[Jesus]” and never “Jesus resurrected himself”. Acts 2:32, Romans 4:24, 1Corinthians 6:14, Colossians 2:12, Hebrews 13:20

5. Don’t deceive yourself. The thief at the side of Jesus was promised a resurrection in the future here on earth not that he followed Jesus anywhere. Acts 24:15
After all, Jesus himself did not go to heaven the day he died, rather he remained in the Grave three days[Matthew 16:21] before he was resurrected by God. 1Corinthians 15:3
It wasn’t until more than 40days after that he finally ascended to heaven. Acts 1:9

You either believe all he has said about himself or you call him a liar and the bible false. There is no middle ground.

So that means you can point to where Jesus said he was God or not? This your Trinity was just a doctrine fabricated by the Roman Catholic Church. It has nothing to do with the Bible which states that Jehovah God is just ONE and not three-in-one. Deuteronomy 6:4, Galatians 3:20

And what more do you need? If he had expressly declared himself to be God, "Pharisees" like you will still not believe him because you cannot 'hear' his word for you are not his sheep.

And yet he did not declare himself to be God so this point you’re trying to make it dead on arrival.

What makes the 'only begotten' Son different from His Father? Do they not have the same divine nature? The same makeup and 'DNA'?

You’re trying to force your Trinity into the Bible and it’s not going well for you.
So going by your ideology, it then means that all the sons of God[angels] including Gabriel are equal to God since they share divine nature? Job 38:7, Psalm 104:4
Do the anointed Christians who go to heaven suddenly become God since they will also share divine nature? 2Peter 1:4

God is the judge. The Father has committed ALL judgement to His Son and all power in heaven and on earth has been given to him, and he shall judge the world for he is the KING OF KINGS, and LORD OF LORDS. His kingdom come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.
He is coming back again very soon to judge and to reign in His kingdom. His kingdom is not of this world.

Of course, Jehovah is the Supreme Judge. Isaiah 33:22
In ancient Israel, God entrusted the work of JUDGING to mere men but that did not make them God. Deuteronomy 16:18
Paul said that he and the group of holy ones would be given the authority to JUDGE the world of mankind but that will not make him and others to become God. 1Corinthians 6:2
Jesus said that his Father, Jehovah gave him authority to JUDGE, so please how does that make him God now? John 5:22
You saw the pattern I drew, right? That goes to show your Trinity is empty without any Scriptural basis

Is an angel the Saviour of the whole world? Or do you think that it is an angel (as you limit him through your false doctrine) that will judge all of God's creation or it is God's own heir, that is, His own self [Himself] that we can more personally relate to?

So does Jesus act out on his own initiative? The answer is no according to John 8:28
If God had not SENT his Son, Jesus, would any ransom have been paid? Matthew 20:28, John 3:16
If Jehovah did not plant Jesus as a tree, would any fruit have come forth from him? John 15:1 compare Matthew 15:13

Do you limit the OMNIPRESENT, omnipotent and omniscient God from being ALL that He wants to be and to do? Does He not fill the heaven and the earth?

This omnipresent and omniscient picture you’re trying to paint about God doesn’t even fit into the Bible because it suggests that God doesn’t follow his own standards. Deuteronomy 32:4

1 Like

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:20am On Feb 19, 2021
Thank God you yourself said there is nothing like punishment anywhere, we just have to continue coming and going until we reach Nirvana!
I just wonder why you're always here and there worried over what people believe if you're certain that they will learn with time. smiley

sonmvayina:

I was mever in your way...continue.
When the time come for you to wake up...you will definately...
Enjoy your idolatry.
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:39am On Feb 19, 2021
The three highlighted will continue to blur your insight spiritually!
Omnipresence means the person is everywhere but he made it clear in his word (Bible) that he is not everywhere, the account of Genesis 18:20-21 shows the omnipresence idea is untrue because God himself said "i heard some things about two cities I AM GOING THERE TO CONFIRM IF IT IS SO" undecided

The omnipotent is false because Abraham directly told God "i know you CAN'T DO this" {Genesis 18:23,25} Habakkuk said he's sure God CAN'T stand the sight of evil {Habakkuk 1:13} definitely there are many things people think God can do that he can't! Titus 1:2

The Omniscient should be solved if you consider the account of Genesis 6:6 God REGRET! And he said the idea of roasting people alive HAS NOT COME INTO HIS HEART {Jeremiah 7:31; 19:5} but humans are doing all of these. So he himself began to wonder are these the same creatures i made in my own image? Deuteronomy 32:5

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

franklytrue:

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by sonmvayina(m): 9:13am On Feb 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Thank God you yourself said there is nothing like punishment anywhere, we just have to continue coming and going until we reach Nirvana!
I just wonder why you're always here and there worried over what people believe if you're certain that they will learn with time. smiley

Sure they will...what better time than now?
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:21am On Feb 19, 2021
Since you're on your own journey as well you can't do a thing than present a group of people benefitting from what you are saying otherwise you're just a noisemaker like all others! smiley

sonmvayina:

Sure they will...what better time than now?
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by sonmvayina(m): 10:07am On Feb 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Since you're on your own journey as well you can't do a thing than present a group of people benefitting from what you are saying otherwise you're just a noisemaker like all others! smiley

I dont need to be a member of a cult....have you heard of jim jones and jonestown ?
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by harmargedon: 10:47am On Feb 19, 2021
franklytrue:

Jesus Himself had declared that if you have seen him you have seen the Father; that he and the Father are one, and the Jews wanted to stone him for making himself equal with God. He lays down his life and he himself takes it up again. Destroy his temple (his body) and he HIMSELF will raise it up again, not another being. He DIED on the cross and he was with the other repentant thief in paradise THAT SAME DAY (Today you will be with me in paradise). There are still more instances.

the God in your Bible is not omnipresent and all you listed. let me give you a quote to clear your doubts. Reread the story in the garden.
And for Jesus being one with the father, you are also one with the father. he never said directly that I am God, did he. He would say so because you believe that you're God's image as the Jewish religion preaches. So anyone who see you have seen the father.
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by harmargedon: 10:51am On Feb 19, 2021
Does He not fill the heaven and the earth? [/quote] Are you asking me about the Jewish god.
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:06am On Feb 19, 2021
If you're not ready to present a group of people PRACTICING what you're saying then there's no difference between you and others noisemakers on Nairaland! cheesy

sonmvayina:

I dont need to be a member of a cult....have you heard of jim jones and jonestown ?
Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by sonmvayina(m): 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
If you're not ready to present a group of people PRACTICING what you're saying then there's no difference between you and others noisemakers on Nairaland! cheesy

I dont need to be a member of a group or cult to obey God's laws.

Do i need to be a jehovahs witness before i honour my father and mother or bear false witness against my neignour?

I dont need to...

You are in a cult, and you dont even know it. You cant even think independently apart from what you have been indoctrinated to believe.

You cant even leave, even if you wanted to...

Define a cult for me..

1 Like

Re: Jesus himself believes in One God his God by franklytrue(m): 12:59pm On Feb 19, 2021
DappaD:

Yes you are a Trinitarian. Just that your own version/opinion as usual differs from the widely accepted version of the so-called “Trinity”.

So many things wrong in one write-up. After all of these, did Jesus ever say that he was the Father please?
1. Jesus said that his Father is greater than he is at John 14:28 so how can he still be the Father?
Jesus’ disciples well knew that he was the firstborn & only begotten Son of God. Matthew 16:16
So what Jesus said at John 14:9 doesn’t mean he is the Father. You are just trying to quote him out of context.
The Bible made mention of Jehovah’s humility[2Samuel 22:36], Jesus is also able to imitate his Father by exhibiting that beautiful quality. Matthew 11:29, Philippians 2:3-5
And Jesus is able to reflect his Father’s qualities to the maximum degree. Hebrews 1:3
2. Yes Jesus and his Father are ONE just as all of Jesus’ disciples are ONE. John 17:22
Certainly, his disciples did not form a mixture of personalities so John 10:30 suggests that Jehovah and his Son are united in one thought and purpose like Jesus’ disciples also were. Compare 2Corinthians 13:11
3. The Jews were just looking for whatever they could nail Jesus with so they came up all sorts of false accusations against Jesus. The same Jews that alleged that Jesus said taxes shouldn’t be paid to the Roman government? [Luke 23:2] Even when he really said that everyone should use discernment and give what belongs to Caesar back to him? Matthew 22:21
So why should we trust whatever the Jews are saying?
4. Funny how none of the Scriptures attest the resurrection of Jesus to himself. It is always expressions like “God resurrected Jesus” and “God raised up the Lord[Jesus]” and never “Jesus resurrected himself”. Acts 2:32, Romans 4:24, 1Corinthians 6:14, Colossians 2:12, Hebrews 13:20
5. Don’t deceive yourself. The thief at the side of Jesus was promised a resurrection in the future here on earth not that he followed Jesus anywhere. Acts 24:15
After all, Jesus himself did not go to heaven the day he died, rather he remained in the Grave three days[Matthew 16:21] before he was resurrected by God. 1Corinthians 15:3
It wasn’t until more than 40days after that he finally ascended to heaven. Acts 1:9

So that means you can point to where Jesus said he was God or not? This your Trinity was just a doctrine fabricated by the Roman Catholic Church. It has nothing to do with the Bible which states that Jehovah God is just ONE and not three-in-one. Deuteronomy 6:4, Galatians 3:20

And yet he did not declare himself to be God so this point you’re trying to make it dead on arrival.

You’re trying to force your Trinity into the Bible and it’s not going well for you.
So going by your ideology, it then means that all the sons of God[angels] including Gabriel are equal to God since they share divine nature? Job 38:7, Psalm 104:4
Do the anointed Christians who go to heaven suddenly become God since they will also share divine nature? 2Peter 1:4

Of course, Jehovah is the Supreme Judge. Isaiah 33:22
In ancient Israel, God entrusted the work of JUDGING to mere men but that did not make them God. Deuteronomy 16:18
Paul said that he and the group of holy ones would be given the authority to JUDGE the world of mankind but that will not make him and others to become God. 1Corinthians 6:2
Jesus said that his Father, Jehovah gave him authority to JUDGE, so please how does that make him God now? John 5:22
You saw the pattern I drew, right? That goes to show your Trinity is empty without any Scriptural basis

So does Jesus act out on his own initiative? The answer is no according to John 8:28
If God had not SENT his Son, Jesus, would any ransom have been paid? Matthew 20:28, John 3:16
If Jehovah did not plant Jesus as a tree, would any fruit have come forth from him? John 15:1 compare Matthew 15:13

This omnipresent and omniscient picture you’re trying to paint about God doesn’t even fit into the Bible because it suggests that God doesn’t follow his own standards. Deuteronomy 32:4
I am still not a Trinitarian. So many things wrong in one write up of what Jesus said himself? You are therefore a liar since you deny the Father and the Son and diminish the greatness and fulness of the Godhead that dwelt in Jesus bodily. (Col. 2:8-10, 1 John 2:22-23)

God is not three in one. God is One who functions in three ways (tri-functional). This is the way He relates with His creation at any point in time either as the Father, Son or the Spirit or all together.

You see how you so diminish the greatness and power of the Almighty God by false teaching from a twisted version of Bible? We are therefore not referring to the same God, because the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God who created the heavens and the earth, the Ruler of the universe is far greater than you can ever imagine, and He is not limited to time and space. He is not limited to one line thought or issue at any time or how does He see, attend to, hear and answer millions/billions of prayers and other matters in His creation?
He can be more in than one place at a time - that is His omnipresence because He fills the heaven and earth.

You suppose that when He came down to check the sins committed in Sodom that he wasn't aware in the first place right there in heaven and that He had to come down as a man to see for himself? That He had to walk there by feet just for to check the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah? And who was ruling in heaven then? The King's throne was vacant?

Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD. - Jer. 23:24

So you believe that God can 'MATERIALISE' as a man (the three men Abraham met) and come to earth but He was not the SAME PERSON who came as the man Jesus Christ to the earth another time, to fulfil the sinless and ultimate sacrifice that no flawed human being could ever do and finally purge away our sins by his own precious blood? You think he was just an ordinary man like you?

'But to which of the angels said he at any times, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?' - Hebrews 1:13-14
[God's throne is in heaven and the earth is His footstool. (Isaiah 66:1)]

'But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.' - Hebrews 10:12-13

You guys keep peddling false doctrines from your own version of Bible and you misunderstand theology. You have only head knowledge but no real experience of/encounter with God. How can you witness for someone you only KNOW ABOUT from the letters of the scriptures that kills but have not really KNOWN in living experience (seen, heard his voice or sensed his presence)? [2 Cor. 3:6-18]

"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." - 2 Timothy 3:5-7

The Word that God has spoken will judge everyone in the end. Keep peddling false doctrines from your bible by twisting, adding and subtracting from what God has said and from what is written (Rev. 21:18-20).

Everyone will give account of himself to God and receive their reward of the things done in their body whether good or bad (Rom. 14:10-12, 2 Cor. 5:8-11 ,Matt. 25:31-46, Rev. 20:12-13, ch 22:12-15)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exit Of Procter And Gamble (p&g) From Nigeria - An Act Of God! / Jesus Is Lord! I Proclaim His Powers! / The Wages Of Sin Is Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.