Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:20 AM

MTN Lines And Its Associated Frustration Caused By NIN Registration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Lines And Its Associated Frustration Caused By NIN Registration (307 Views)

NIN Registration Centre Spotted In The UK (Video, Pictures) / Buhari’s Ministers Divided Over Cancellation Of NIN Registration / SERAP Asks Buhari To Stop NIN Registration, Withdraw Threat To Block SIM Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Lines And Its Associated Frustration Caused By NIN Registration by Nobody: 3:52am On Feb 18, 2021
Dear All,

Nigerians using MTN lines as their primary line should be very careful with the line. That line can cause total disorganization of social and business life of any upwardly mobile Nigerian.

That line may cause chaos and frustration .

Dear Nigerians, there is a problem on ground caused by NIN registration. My phone with MTN line was stolen . This is a primary line given to friends and associates in the last 15 years. I used the line on all business and professional platforms.

I have visited four MTN offices for line retrieval for three days spending a minimum of 5 hours without any success despite the fact that I have done my NIN registration since last year with confirmation. I met those on line retrieval for two weeks without any success. I was able to retrieve my Airtel line within one hour but wasted 3 days at MTN offices without success.

No bank transactions (alert, deposit, transfer and airtime ) on USSD . No business communication, All other platforms where I used MTN line is now not useable. When they send verification code to the line, I cannot access it. Frustrations just to retrieve stolen line. The only thing they did was to block the line. I met other people with similar experience at various MTN offices.

Anybody with MTN line as primary line on CV, profile and any platform should protect their phone at all cost. It is now easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a lost SIM card to be retrieved from MTN.

It is a now a wisdom to use MTN line as an alternative or secondary line in any official documentation. The future of MTN lines is very bleak as far as Nigeria is concerned. This is my personal experience.
Re: MTN Lines And Its Associated Frustration Caused By NIN Registration by GamalNasser: 3:59am On Feb 18, 2021
How
Re: MTN Lines And Its Associated Frustration Caused By NIN Registration by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 18, 2021
GamalNasser:
How

They (MTN ) will tell you there is no network to NIN database.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Lines And Its Associated Frustration Caused By NIN Registration by oloyedewaris(m): 4:32am On Feb 18, 2021
I think you can only retrieve your line after this nin stuff is done
Re: MTN Lines And Its Associated Frustration Caused By NIN Registration by orikoku: 5:02am On Feb 18, 2021
Please link your lines to avoid stories that touch. Nin no be joke.
Re: MTN Lines And Its Associated Frustration Caused By NIN Registration by JaneYave(f): 5:04am On Feb 18, 2021
Any phone theif at a season like this will find no peace!
Re: MTN Lines And Its Associated Frustration Caused By NIN Registration by GamalNasser: 8:24am On Feb 18, 2021
babaolofin:

They (MTN ) will tell you there is no network to NIN database.
Ohh okay

(1) (Reply)

See Some Businesses You Can Start With A Capital As Low As 20K / Ex-chief Judge, Who Issued Court Order Proscribing IPOB, Is Dead / Labour Force Statistics 2020; Hope Rising For Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.