Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Rusticated In School Yet Offered To Help Me Secure Admission -my True Valentine - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Rusticated In School Yet Offered To Help Me Secure Admission -my True Valentine (163 Views)

NYSC UPDATE- What School Yet To Submit Mandatory Document Really Mean / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / My Screening Result Z 56.7 And Jamb Score Z 218 But Not Yet Offered Admission In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rusticated In School Yet Offered To Help Me Secure Admission -my True Valentine by Omonaijablog: 6:01am On Feb 18, 2021
Goodbye! That was the only verbal reaction I got while leaving home in 2001, when I attempted to seek admission to study Mass Communication at the Federal Polytechnic, Offa in Kwara State.

My West African Examination Council, WAEC, result of year 2000 was nothing to write home about. In fact, I managed to have two credits in nine subjects. So, I decided to sit for the General Certificate Examination, GCE in 2001 and this time around had three credits, three passes and two F9 in eighth papers. But, I made those credits in my relevant subjects that can at least offer me admission to start the journey to being a journalist from the Pre-National Diploma level.

So, I made up my mind to settle for a Federal Government owned school, since their tuition fees was always going to be lesser to those State owned institutions; hence my decision to go to The Federal Polytechnic, Offa in Kwara State.

As a young secondary school leaver who has never crossed the boundary between Ondo and Osun before, not to talk of Kwara, I was tensed.

In fact, since I lost my father at the age of three years-old, my uncle who took up the challenge of being responsible for my upkeep could no longer do beyond his means so, I have to forcefully be a man.

Read more...

http:///s1811f6e8210217en_ng?client=news

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Fertilizer Or State Government Job? / The Weekly Instagram LIVE You Don't Need To Miss / Advise Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.