Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect (32980 Views)

Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery / People Killed In Offa Bank Robbery Loaded In A Truck As Residents Cry (Graphic) / Police Officers And Victims Killed In The Offa Bank Robbery (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Callyd(m): 6:38am On Feb 18, 2021
Four of the five suspects who are on trial for the April 5, 2018 Offa bank robbery in the Offa Local Government Area of Kwara State on Wednesday told a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin how they killed no fewer than 11 persons during the incident.

The suspects, Ayoade Akinnibosun, Ibikunle Ogunleye, Adeola Abraham, Azeez Salawu and Niyi Ogundiran, were all present in court during the trial.

At the resumed hearing of the case, counsel for the prosecution, Mr. Rotimi Jacob, SAN, called the seventh witness, Inspector John Nwoke, who is the cinematographer attached to the Force Public Relations Unit, Abuja.

Nwoke then presented a DVD video to the open court that contained the confessional statements of the accused persons.

All but one of the accused persons, Ayoade Akinnibosun, said that they shot dead 11 persons, who were hauling stones and other missiles at them during the robbery incident.

Akinnibosun narrated how a dismissed police officer, Michael Adikwu (now late), sold the robbery idea to him, adding that he in turn conscripted his other four accomplices into the deal.

Akinnibosun, who claimed to be the ring leader in the video, revealed that he owned the two vehicles used for the bloody operation.

He said that one of the vehicles, Lexus Sport Utility Vehicle was given to him as an empowerment grant by the then governor of the state, Abdulfatah Ahmed, as he was the leader of the Political Liberation Movement in Kwara South.

He stated, “I came into contact with the dismissed policeman (Adikwu) through a revenue collection staff. After the meeting with Adikwu, I relayed to Ibikunle Ogunleye who also relayed same to Adeola Abraham otherwise known as Adex. Azeez Salawu and Niyi Ogundiran are both mechanics by profession.

“On the fateful day of April 5th, 2018, the five of us moved from Oro, Irepodun Local Government Area of the state to Ajase-Ipo, where we parked the SUV under a tree, and we all drove in the Mercedes Benz to Offa. At Offa, we parked in front of the Total filling station, where late Adikwu was waiting for us in a black Audi car.

“There was also a Nissan Premera car parked in front of us at the Total filling station where some other people that came with Adikwu were waiting. Shortly, thereafter, Adikwu handed over a sack to me containing five AK-47 rifles.

“As the commander of my gang, I distributed the guns and directed every member to take his position. I positioned myself at the Roundabout leading to Igosun town from Offa.

“After the robbery, Adikwu did not give us a dime. He only promised to call me when it is time to share the loot. Then we all hurriedly left the community. On getting to Ijagbo, Oyun Local Government Area, our vehicle stretched to a halt awaiting Adikwu, who came and collected the five AK-47 rifles from me.”

Also speaking, Ibikunle Ogunleye said he was positioned on the First Bank premises in the metropolis before Adikwu dragged him to come along to the Offa Police Station.

He revealed that he shot dead two persons, who were trying to escape at the gate of the police station, adding that at the police station, Adikwu and his gangs fired many shots at the station, killing scores of policemen in the process.

In their own testimonies, Adeola Abraham, Azeez Salawu and Niyi Ogundiran said that they had not handled rifles prior to the robbery.

However, each of Abraham, Salawu and Ogundiran confessed to have shot dead five, two and two persons respectively to prevent being stoned to death by members of the public.

The presiding judge, Justice Haleemah Salman, adjourned the case till March 15 and 16 for the continuation of trial.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/dismissed-cop-supplied-five-ak-47-rifles-for-offa-bank-robbery-suspect/%3famp=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Emptoluwani: 6:43am On Feb 18, 2021
And they say police is my friend

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Hollawayn05(m): 6:49am On Feb 18, 2021
Nigerian Police are Cursed

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Elsanchez: 6:52am On Feb 18, 2021
Still on this case?

10 Likes

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Smileall(m): 6:56am On Feb 18, 2021
I smell lies
The person who supplied arms WAS a dismissed police officer who is now DECEASED
The dead officer waited for us in an Audi where he gave the AK's
We took position immediately we collected the gun's WITHOUT prior test or usage,
na so we dumb reach?

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Redoil: 7:12am On Feb 18, 2021
nigerian police i hail una i raised yansh for una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by tillaman(m): 7:18am On Feb 18, 2021
They just wasted people’s lives just like that, group of bastardz I don’t even know why they are still alive and as for the Adikwu guy I hope he rots in hell

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by yinkus6750(m): 7:23am On Feb 18, 2021
This case ought to be given speedy trial.
Three years after, we still hearing stories.
The soul of the eleven people is waiting for justice.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by espn(m): 7:50am On Feb 18, 2021
Hmmmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Ogbuu101: 8:19am On Feb 18, 2021
Everything about this case points to it being a straightforward robbery case.
But yerobber muslims wanted to drag Saraki into it by all means because he opposed their personal Lord and Saviour osama binhari
Shame on yerobber muslims.
Shame on former IGP Ibrahim Kpotum Idris.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by blinking001(m): 8:19am On Feb 18, 2021
Nigeria police and wuruwuru

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Racoon(m): 8:19am On Feb 18, 2021
When the law itself becomes the crime.NPF? Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by grim33(m): 8:19am On Feb 18, 2021
T
Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by BigDick70inch(m): 8:19am On Feb 18, 2021
Is seeing police in uniform preaching not better.....than police supplying arms to criminals??

Where r all those mofos quoting yesterday??

5 Likes

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Chiminemine(m): 8:19am On Feb 18, 2021
This is really really bad. Where did a dismissed police officer get access to not 1, not 2, not 3 but 5 ak-47's. Corruption has really eaten deep into the society at large and not just the government. See as that on on blazers is just walking with complete confidence. For him mind now he will be Lyk, taah, nothing dey sup. Guy this country naa waa. May God help us.

Asides from that, for me one of the best ways corruption can be eradicated in this country is to place women in majority of the leadership positions in government, becos women are less likely to take a bribe. Imagine a nigeria where 80% of ministers are women, or a nigeria where the vice president is a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by PCG1: 8:20am On Feb 18, 2021

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by RlCHSATAN: 8:20am On Feb 18, 2021
is this how to judge a case?
today dimissed police man supplied ak 47
tomorrow bank security was informant
next tomorrow one of the atm people was involved
the next tomorrow the driver is afonja
the next next tomorrow the guy that open the door was ipob
the next next next tomorrow the guy that covered face was fulani
next next next next toorrow the so so and so was niger tongue

2 Likes

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by SenecaTheYonger: 8:20am On Feb 18, 2021
There is truly no accountability in the police. How can 5 AK47s go missing and nobody's head is spinning off their body?

2 Likes

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:21am On Feb 18, 2021
They should go deep on the investigation there are still more information on the offa crsis

2 Likes

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by IMASTEX: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2021
Failure is indeed an orphan. He is now a dismissed staff because he was caught in the usual game grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2021
Please we need to find James Nwafor. Anyone with information about his way about should contact DSS immediately

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by WiszyFraud: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2021
Not new.. Most of the crimes in the country are being masterminded by the ones who are supposed to be fighting them.. angry

3 Likes

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by easyfem(m): 8:21am On Feb 18, 2021
y human are so wicked? ..... wat do pple gain when they take life from others ..... ordinary to break person heart go dey do me some aw ..... even to cheat on pple dey scare me
Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by BlessedNuel: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2021
Crime fighters wey dey wear crime like agbada..

Wetin people dey do just to get dx money dey even shock the devil

1 Like

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Celestyn8213: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2021
Double wahala for dead body... Lol
Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by bestman09(m): 8:22am On Feb 18, 2021
shocked
The policeman was killed to hide more revelation and shield some people.

SenecaTheYonger:
There is truly no accountability in the police. How can 5 AK47s go missing and nobody's head is spinning off their body?

The guns are actually more than 5. The policeman and his own gang had their own guns too. I think the robbers were about 11 members and each of them had a gun

2 Likes

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by Grace001: 8:22am On Feb 18, 2021
Nigerian police have too many bad eggs

1 Like

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by iyanumiv(m): 8:22am On Feb 18, 2021
WE KNOW SAY NAH DER HAND WORK BFOR.....

1 Like

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by IMASTEX: 8:22am On Feb 18, 2021
misterme:
Please we need to find James Nwafor. Anyone with information about his way about should contact DSS immediately
The law enforcement knows his whereabout

1 Like

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by specialmati(m): 8:22am On Feb 18, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed whats all this
Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by asobo1: 8:23am On Feb 18, 2021
This was the same incident Senator Bukola Saraki was linked with. Someone who was a governor for eight years and Senate president for that matter. They even went as far as using it against him during the last general elections and the real enemies of Nigeria believed it. Sane Nigerians can now see who the real enemies of Nigeria are. They are always quick to label sane Nigerians as enemies of the country.

#GULLIBLEPEOPLE

2 Likes

Re: Dismissed Policeman Supplied 5 AK-47 Rifles For Offa Bank Robbery – Suspect by ursullalinda(f): 8:23am On Feb 18, 2021
Security personnel aiding thieves since 1900.....no wonder he was dismissed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghanaian Barber Stabbed To Death In South Africa Over Black Stars' Penalty / Photo Of Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Members Escaping From Yobe / Bar Owner Stabbed To Death In Ikeja By His Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.