Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share (11007 Views)

Legacy Pension Declares 88k Dividend Per Share / Zenith Bank Will Increase Dividend By 30% To N1.50 Per Share / Fidelity Bank Public Offer Open -n8 Per Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by frankiriri(m): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2007
easimoni:

@ MT,
Competitive advantage? Dang Sugar is a monopoly, they have no competition! And the money you paid into Dangote Sugar could not have resulted in an expansion already; those things take time.

Here is my hypothesis on why Dangote Sugar did really well. In December (when it came to the market), this bull run had not started and companies were trading at PEs ~15 and Dangote offered Sugar at a PE of 10. Following the bull run, PEs of 20-30 are now commonplace and going from an offer PE of 10 to a current PE of 20 is what caused Dangote to double. There is no Dangote magic touch, no competitive advantage, no expansion. There has been a bull run that caused almost all the companies to double over that period.

If Dangote had known he could sell Dang Sugar at a PE of 20 a few months later, I'm sure he would have waited and sold at ~N30.

Now to Dang Flour, read the prospectus and calculate the forward PE based on the earnings forecast and see if it's much lower than other companies. That (and not the Dangote name) should influence your buy/no-buy decision.
Insightful and straight to the point. As usual your analysis is right on target. cool
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by MT: 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2007
@ frankriri and easimoni,

Please when the prospectus is out, we need your comment here. It will help some man out there!
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by mimiko(f): 10:24am On Jul 16, 2007
guys i read it in the papers that japaoil is coming out pulic offer for 3.90k right issue for 2.50 pls wat do guys think about it
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Panadol(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2007
How much do you plan to invest on the upcoming Dangote Flour IPO?
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Iwerebor(m): 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2007
I didn't subscribe for Dangote Sugar but I heard the Share certificate was out fast. Something tells me that the proposed less than two week period of sale of Dangote Flour would mean a quick release of certificates.
Can anyone remind me of how long it took DSR to release their certificate?
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by wanaj0: 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2007
Iwerebor:

I didn't subscribe for Dangote Sugar but I heard the Share certificate was out fast. Something tells me that the proposed less than two week period of sale of Dangote Flour would mean a quick release of certificates.
Can anyone remind me of how long it took DSR to release their certificate?

You heard wrongly!!!! For those that subscribed for anything above 50,000, the registrar is just despatching such certificates now. Some went to the registrars office to PERSONALLY pick up their certificates. Most are yet to verify them.

If you go for any offer, no that you are in it for the LONG TERM or else you will get your fingers burnt!
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by lokia(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2007
hello everyone

when is the dangote offer coming out? i having been waiting, checking with my stockbroker but have not gotten any replies.

does anyone know when it is actually coming out?
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by MT: 10:57pm On Jul 25, 2007
@ all,

If I fill my CSC number in any of the IPO or PO form, will I still get the paper certificate ?.

If I wont get the paper certificate, will there still be a delay in creditting my CSC account with the number of units bought ?.

I asked these questions because I was trying to figure out how one could beat the trap of delay in getting the certiicate and I then thought that CSC account should be able to handle that.

Please enlighten me
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by atilla(m): 8:59am On Jul 26, 2007
Hi,  This is the information I have, if you want to purchase these shares let me know before the date so I can contact you as soon as its opens and get the application forms to you. I work for a stock broking firm that will act as a recieving agent to the offer.

Company is valued at N75bn or $590m.
* Each share is valued at N15 pending all regulatory approvals.
* Number of shares to be sold: 1.25bn of 5bn i.e. 25% of the company will be sold.
* Firm underwriting by 11 issuing house (each house will underwrite N1.7 bn of the offer) – FCMB is the lead issuing house.
* Offer date likely to be end of July i.e. within the next 2 weeks.
* Offer duration will only be 10 days.

* No preferential allotment – though the issuer has requested a proviso for business associates.
* NSE quotation committee meeting will hold on the 17th of July and issuing houses are currently responding to some observations by SEC, these are the last regulatory hurdle that must be cleared prior to the offer.
* Prospectus will be available as soon as the offer opens.
obtained from proshareng website
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Temmie10(m): 9:41am On Jul 26, 2007
today is 26th july so the date u suggest of end of July does not sound realistic
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by atilla(m): 10:01am On Jul 26, 2007
Yes it doesnt sound realistic anymore. I put it there so you would know it would be starting very soon. Realistically it should be next week or the week after.
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by windywendy(f): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2007
My broker just informed me that mid to late August is a more realistic timeline, as they're currently sorting out stuff with the NSE
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Rockstrong(m): 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2007
Guys, news has that moves by Dangote Flour Mills to float an offer for sale of 1.25 billion shares at N15.00 hit a brick wall during the week as the quotations committee of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) rejected the projections tendered for the offer. The Dangote offer, which should have opened this week to contend for investors’ funds alongside Access Bank offer, has now been put on hold pending when the company can submit a more satisfactory management account. Information has it that the offer may not open until next month.
, Culled from financial standard
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by MyPeace(f): 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2007
Rockstrong:

Guys, news has that moves by Dangote Flour Mills to float an offer for sale of 1.25 billion shares at N15.00 hit a brick wall during the week as the quotations committee of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) rejected the projections tendered for the offer. The Dangote offer, which should have opened this week to contend for investors’ funds alongside Access Bank offer, has now been put on hold pending when the company can submit a more satisfactory management account. Information has it that the offer may not open until next month.
, Culled from financial standard

U are right, l read it too. but l believe they will still sort things out. the question is "how soon'?
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Panadol(m): 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2007
Here is the link for the information.

http://www.financialstandardnews.com/page.asp?id=72
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by fojames(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2007
dANGOTE fLOUR IS DEFINITELY a good buy no matter when they come out with their offer. People are arguing about how well it will do, the gist is don't try comparing it with Dangote Sugar but I can assure you that it will do very well.

I'm waiting for the issues surround ing the offer to clear up, once it hits the market, there is going to be a rush for it and the price will appreciate in a matter of weeks, just watch out!
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by Temmie10(m): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2007
fojames:

dANGOTE fLOUR IS DEFINITELY a good buy no matter when they come out with their offer. People are arguing about how well it will do, the gist is don't try comparing it with Dangote Sugar but I can assure you that it will do very well.

I'm waiting for the issues surround ing the offer to clear up, once it hits the market, there is going to be a rush for it and the price will appreciate in a matter of weeks, just watch out!

@ fojames, why do you think the offer would be successful? Have you seen the prospectus? Do you know why the ipo has been delayed. Note that i am not disagreeing with you. i am just questioning your reasoning and demanding that you back up your optimism with facts?
Re: Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share by foryou(m): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2007
what is going on with the Dangote Flour now? just wanna know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shares Fraud At The Nigerian Stock Exchange (CSCS) / What Business Can He Do With 10million Naira? / Still On MMM Matter, Please I Need Urgent Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.