Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed (13148 Views)

We’re All Prisoners In Poorly Governed Nigeria, Peter Obi Tells Inmates / Nigeria Third Worst Governed Country In The World - CGGI / "The Nigeria Air MUST FAIL" - Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by Litmus: 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2021
“I will repeat it yet again. Citizens of Nigeria are not yet ready for Good Governance. They absolutely enjoy and believe they deserve to be poorly governed.

“The Politicians know this and dish Bad Governance in large doses to them. When citizens are ready, it will end.”

Hmm this indirectly suggests that Nigeria’s state governors and the president are competent men, full of statecraft, able to transform the lives of Nigerians for the better by providing jobs, power, security, education, hospitals and in short all due infrastructural development, but are however choosing not to do so because the Nigerian people are willing to settle for less, lol. She did not consider that perhaps Nigerians know that leadership at most level in Nigeria are incapable of doing the job for which they were employed by the people at the ballot and that if they rise up an destroy the little that they have – in some act meant to show these leaders that the people will no longer tolerate poor governing – things will be worst than before since the leaders are an incapable lot at brining in improvements.

Sure, choose the right people at the ballot and all that but chances are you'll get the same. Limit participatory age for office seeking to under 50 all you want, chances are you'll get the same. Spilt country, you'll get the same, try communism, you’ll get same if those running for office don’t have Ruling Nations and stats qualification. I’ve never understood why the most important job in human community that of leading entire nations requires no qualification. If a Nation just happen to be blessed by naturally gifted leaders, fine. Poor leaders may follow gifted leaders and the mass unaware because the gifted leader put in place mechanism that enable following leaders to lead well in spite of themselves. For me, leadership needs to be thought. Leadersgip though at some institute may make for bog-standard unimaginative leaders most of the time but they would be competent leaders at least.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by DedeNkem: 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
She's 100% right!! Nigerians are ok with bad governance! They only complain briefly and that ends there! Next election they'll still vote or help rig the election for the same idiots they were complaining about, after receiving free half bag of rice and tin tomatoes!!

Nigerians deserve bad governance!! You only rip what you sow!!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by Stanfeelings: 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2021
smatt1711:
You want to start competing with Ngozi now abi?
What she said no be true? abi u d chop from nose?how she wan compete with Okonjo Iweala? nawa
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by SaintBeehot(m): 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2021
brainworkng:
At least you are enjoying this government now better than GEJ government. Enjoy

Especially when crude oil was $100 and above still nothing was accomplished by the doom headed thieves.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by SaintBeehot(m): 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
four44:
this is one of the Nigerians she was talking about, with just 1k to 5k at the polling, 10k trade Moni and 30k sweeping and cutting grass, the problems of their life is solve
This wasn't achievable when crude oil was $100+.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by SaintBeehot(m): 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
lexy2014:

Can u negate what she said?
No because I can't relate with thieves.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by EASTERNPOL: 1:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
This Idiot, you are a disgrace to Igbo Nation, you should go and burie yourself in shame
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
smatt1711:

You are a True Nigerian to the core - rather than addressing the question itself, you deflect it and attack the person with a totally inane comment - brilliant tactics that has worked on millions of Nigerians till date - clap-clap
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2021
smatt1711:
says by one of those mentally bankrupt citizens.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by nengiscrib: 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
Absolute rubbish talk from you

smatt1711:
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by poseidon12: 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2021
SaintBeehot:
Just like you and your gang did, during your administration. It's too early to wail mama cheesy

You are obviously one of those ignoble Nigerians she is talking about.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by poseidon12: 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2021
Advocate500:
Madam go and sit down you lost your voice to be heard when reasonable people are speaking, the moment you start jumping from one protest ground to the another in a bid to change the stupid Jonathan government because it did not favour your master Obasanjo.

I guess you think Jonathan did a good job as President, right? Jonathan was very incompetent and that was why many people went against him. Unfortunately, Buhari turned out to be the worst of all the Presidents so far.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed by Advocate500: 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2021
poseidon12:

I guess you think Jonathan did a good job as President, right? Jonathan was very incompetent and that was why many people went against him. Unfortunately, Buhari turned out to be the worst of all the Presidents so far.
I have never been a fan of Jonathan and I will never be,go back and read my comments, I have never supported Jonathan wether before or now,I mistakenly supported APC in 2015,a decision I have regretted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Military Plane Crashes In Port-Harcout! / Gov. Suntai Accuses His Deputy Of Betrayal / ‘You’re The Criminal Not Nnamdi Kanu’ – MASSOB Fires Back At Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.