Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us (629 Views)

The Truth Of The Orlu Fracas / Beyond The News: This Is The Real Cause Of The Orlu Crisis / Genesis Of The Orlu Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us by BrandBrainBox: 9:30am On Feb 19, 2021
People can hate Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB for all I care (after all, even Jesus Christ and Prophet Muhammad were also hated in their times). There are other people who don't hate the fair prince but would disagree with him on issues of importance. That's OK too. I also differed with him when he took sides openly in the American partisan politics, which is now a very big clog in the wheel of the Biafran struggle.

But, one thing no real human can disagree with Kanu on is that, fundamentally,...

1. He is fighting a just cause.

2. The interest he is trying to protect is OUR interest - all of us Nigerians (not just Igbo interest as it may seem to many of us)

So, the cause that Kanu and IPOB are fighting should get our support unless we're stupid.

As it stands, only the Fulani can refuse to support Kanu's activism without being as stupid as cows. See why:
It's very very real that NIGERIA IS NOW UNDER A FOREIGN INVASION. It's also clear enough that, EVEN THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA IS NOW BEING CONTROLLED AT THE TOP BY NON-NIGERIAN ELEMENTS WITH ZERO PATRIOTIC ATTITUDE towards the country and countrymen.

For those who haven't realized this, the Orlu Airstrikes should be a huge eye-opener side-by-side with the existence of Amotekun and Hisbah. How exactly?

To avoid wasting your time, I will make my points briefly with these bulleted questions:

* Why does this Government pay a deaf ear to the endless rascality of Hisbah in frequently destroying legitimate businesses and harassing law-abiding Nigerians (like the Benue barber) in the North? Which part of the constitution empowers Hisbah to do all that? And why is the Nigerian Government doing nothing to stop it?

* But why does the same Government employ such a heavy military weight against ESN which, although unconstitutional (like Hisbah of course), does not disturb the peace of law-abiding Nigerians as Hisbah does. Instead, it actually exists to complement the constitutional role of Government in terms of security against killer herders?

* Why is it that the Fulani militia proscribed by the global terrorism watch-dog GTI in September 2015 is yet to be proscribed by the Nigerian Government after 6 years of frequently killing, raping, maiming, kidnapping, and openly threatening Nigerians? Why is it that the members of this globally recognized TERRORIST militia are regularly escaping justice at the hands of this Government?

*But, why did the same government so readily proscribe a far less violent group (IPOB) and are always out to attack them with top military options?

* Why is it that Amotekun, a security outfit literally funded by a group of state governments, is very ineffective in protecting the lives and property of South-Westerners (thereby making it necessary for fellows like Sunday Igboho to come into the picture)?

* And why is a relatively poorly funded ESN obviously far more effective in protecting the citizens within their jurisdiction than the government-funded Amotekun?

THE ANSWER TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS IS SIMPLE: THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT AT THE TOP IS UNDER THE CONTROL OF NON-PATRIOTIC, NON-NIGERIAN ELEMENTS. THAT CAN ONLY HAPPEN IN A COUNTRY THAT IS UNDER A FOREIGN INVASION.

So, what can we do in this ugly situation to forestall future regrets? In my next article, I will be sharing a unique insight I got on HOW NIGERIANS CAN BREAK LOSE FROM THIS FOREIGN DOMINATION BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us by RuddyFusion(m): 9:38am On Feb 19, 2021
It is well
Re: There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us by BrandBrainBox: 9:48am On Feb 19, 2021
RuddyFusion:
It is well
Yes, even in the well. But faith without action is dead.

1 Like

Re: There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us by Cpossibility(m): 9:52am On Feb 19, 2021
So Buhari is here to cause civil war?
Re: There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us by BrandBrainBox: 10:09am On Feb 19, 2021
Cpossibility:
So Buhari is here to cause civil war?
Buhari is not just here to cause a civil war. He is here to take Nigeria for his kinsmen across Africa. He is continuing the cause of Othman Dan Fodio. He is following in the footsteps of Ahmadu Bello to "dip the qr'an in the Atlantic". But don't be deceived: It's not actually the qr'an that they are trying to dip in the ocean (otherwise, Yoruba Muslims should also be able to head the Nigerian Muslim community). No, religion is only a victim here. It is being dragged into furthering a grand tribal agenda. These are not Islamization attempts per se. They are, first and foremost, Fulanization attempts.

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us by November1857(m): 10:28am On Feb 19, 2021
Pls stop comparing JESUS CHRIST with that child rapist and the founder of all extremism across the globe !

1 Like

Re: There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us by gidgiddy: 10:35am On Feb 19, 2021
One thing that Kanu and IPOB exposed about Nigeria is that the country has a two tier justice system

How can anyone comprehend that the security forces are always quick to act on IPOB, who nobody is complaining about in the East?

But the same security forces are too slow to act on ISWAP, Boko harm, killer herdsmen and armed bandits, that everyone is complaining about in the North?

2 Likes

Re: There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us by Nigeriadondie1: 10:46am On Feb 19, 2021
Like a lone wolf in the wilderness, Nnamdi Kanu has been shouting about Islamization and Fulanization of Nigeria. I am no fan of him but we all can see that he is almost like a prophet.

It is over crystal clear that the nation has sunk so deep into anarchy with senseless loss of lives and properties.

I recall when the military cowardly were killing IPOB members in the East, others in the west were rejoicing saying that Nnamdi Kanu was manipulating people to their untimely death when in effect he is raising the much needed consciousness and awareness of an impending danger which we all see not to talk of countless one we don’t see or hear.

Nigeria is a failed state and trust me we don’t need to be together. If the mighty USSR was dissolved, Yugoslavia was broken, Kosovo broke out of Serbia, then why should we not break if we can’t be together.
With provocative utterances from northern elites trying to minimize dangerous terrorists as bandits and peaceful IPOB as terrorists then one can see that a just society in Nigeria is a mirage.

Wake up Nigerians to the reality staring at us in the face. We are not one can never be one.

The lives sacrificed on the altar of “One Nigeria” was wasted for nothing. Is it worth wasting more lives?

1 Like

Re: There Is A Big Problem: On The Orlu Airstrikes And The Rest Of Us by 143WaZoBia: 10:57am On Feb 19, 2021
Egbon you don’t really need a long talk to wake anybody up at this time.
In as much as I love to see Nigeria in high places, the country is not working anymore.
We are already too much in one country. Ghana, Benin and so are not up to many states in Nigeria but they are doing well even without oil.
If all you have to do is take care of your people your resources will be enough. Let’s just split this country I am tired.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Take Over Shekau’ Farm In Sambisa Forest / This Herdsmen Issue Will Unite The South / King Moh Adah "Ochacho" And Hon. Alex Enokela Ogbe Meet Senator Akume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.