Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

I Am No More Going - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am No More Going (779 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am No More Going by Mmhh1289: 1:27pm On Feb 19, 2021
I have finished secondary school and about to start uni in Nigeria but reality hit me that when I finished my degree what happens next what will happen if I don't get work this only increase when one of my friends said that his aunt who did the same degree as me didn't get a job now with the violence going on I am not too confident in Nigeria I have been think of ways to go abroad, find a country that suits me and see if I will enjoy it and i also know that does places are not heavens and it could still go wrong I should not be foolish. So I was trying to learn more on migrating and I saw a couple of people nigerians who said I shouldn't leave that life there is not easy and it can be bad the thing is I know is can be hard good life doesn't come easily but even some people I know even my mother is saying the same thing now I am paranoid I dont even know what I want I feel tired of all of this to the point i am ready to give up and just go and live in nigeria even if it doesnt go well I am fed up but what can I do but pray stupid country
Re: I Am No More Going by Nickisindigo(m): 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2021
Which course do you want to study
Re: I Am No More Going by dasparrow: 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2021
Mmhh1289:
I have finished secondary school and about to start uni in Nigeria but reality hit me that when I finished my degree what happens next what will happen if I don't get work this only increase when one of my friends said that his aunt who did the same degree as me didn't get a job now with the violence going on I am not too confident in Nigeria I have been think of ways to go abroad, find a country that suits me and see if I will enjoy it and i also know that does places are not heavens and it could still go wrong I should not be foolish. So I was trying to learn more on migrating and I saw a couple of people nigerians who said I shouldn't leave that life there is not easy and it can be bad the thing is I know is can be hard good life doesn't come easily but even some people I know even my mother is saying the same thing now I am paranoid I dont even know what I want I feel tired of all of this to the point i am ready to give up and just go and live in nigeria even if it doesnt go well I am fed up but what can I do but pray stupid country

Migrating is not a bad thing in and of itself but you have to plan. You have to ask yourself what it is you are going abroad to do. Do you have the finances to sustain yourself until you get a job?

Right now, due to the coronavirus, many people in the western world have lost their jobs. Businesses have shut down due to the lockdown. Economic downturn can be felt in Europe, America and around the world. There are black people who hold citizenship for all these western nations and who have lived all their lives in the western world but are now moving back to various African countries to open businesses or invest in Agriculture.

Frankly speaking, rather than waste your money to migrate illegally to the western world, find a need in Nigeria and create a business that will take care of that need. If you don't want to stay in Nigeria, do your research on how to start a business in perhaps another African country but be careful, some or even many of these African countries are as bigoted and discriminatory as the western world countries. So look for a foreigner-friendly African country.

Don't travel to the western world or anywhere else for that matter illegally. It is hard enough to make it abroad as a legal immigrant talkless of when you don't even have work permit, permanent residency or citizenship for the country you are headed to.

So many young Africans are stuck abroad. Some had to result to crime to survive because they thought they can just migrate to the western world illegally and then regularize their immigration status somehow to permanent residency but it does not work like that. Without work permit or permanent residency or citizenship, you will not be able to work, you will not be able to open a bank account, in most cases you cannot rent an apartment, you cannot seek healthcare once you fall sick and so on and so forth.

You will be living a life of fear because if the authorities find out you are illegal, you will be bundled up, placed in some immigration detention center and eventually deported. It is not worth it so listen to the advice of your mother so you don't end up derailing your life and destiny.

My 2 cents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am No More Going by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:49pm On Feb 19, 2021
dasparrow:

Migrating is not a bad thing in and of itself but you have to plan. You have to ask yourself what it is you are going abroad to do. Do you have the finances to sustain yourself until you get a job?

Right now, due to the coronavirus, many people in the western world have lost their jobs. Businesses have shut down due to the lockdown. Economic downturn can be felt in Europe, America and around the world. There are black people who hold citizenship for all these western nations and who have lived all their lives in the western world but are now moving back to various African countries to open businesses or invest in Agriculture.

Frankly speaking, rather than waste your money to migrate illegally to the western world, find a need in Nigeria and create a business that will take care of that need. If you don't want to stay in Nigeria, do your research on how to start a business in perhaps another African country but be careful, some or even many of these African countries are as bigoted and discriminatory as the western world countries. So look for a foreigner-friendly African country.

Don't travel to the western world or anywhere else for that matter illegally. It is hard enough to make it abroad as a legal immigrant talkless of when you don't even have work permit, permanent residency or citizenship for the country you are headed to.

So many young Africans are stuck abroad. Some had to result to crime to survive because they thought they can just migrate to the western world illegally and then regularize their immigration status somehow to permanent residency but it does not work like that. Without work permit or permanent residency or citizenship, you will not be able to work, you will not be able to open a bank account, in most cases you cannot rent an apartment, you cannot seek healthcare once you fall sick and so on and so forth.

You will be living a life of fear because if the authorities find out you are illegal, you will be bundled up, placed in some immigration detention center and eventually deported. It is not worth it so listen to the advice of your mother so you don't end up derailing your life and destiny.

My 2 cents.
Op I believe you are a young man who is less than 18 years. Listen and take this trashy advice and watch your life get doomed.

6 Likes

Re: I Am No More Going by The5DME(m): 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2021
Do your BS.C her first op, but don't study a useless course though. Study what will put food in your table and forget what most idiots say about 'passion' because most of hem don't even understand what passion is.

Also acquire some relevant in demand skill. No go learn plumbing or barbing o. Then after bsc, you can emmigrate.
Re: I Am No More Going by Mmhh1289: 12:56am On Feb 20, 2021
dasparrow:

My 2 cents.

I am not planning to go illigally that is dumb and i have done all the planning and have seen possiblities if i cant go and study and if eventually i want to leave nigeria to a country after my studies as long as i am not being chased down by some blood thirsty nigerians i will just look for a company in that country get an offer and apply and have sufficient money i will not go to somewhere without planning it people who do that are most likely gonna have a hard time
Re: I Am No More Going by JoshOxborn: 10:53am On Feb 20, 2021
dasparrow:

So many young Africans are stuck abroad. Some had to result to crime to survive because they thought they can just migrate to the western world illegally and then regularize their immigration status somehow to permanent residency but it does not work like that. Without work permit or permanent residency or citizenship, you will not be able to work, you will not be able to open a bank account, in most cases, you cannot rent an apartment, you cannot seek healthcare once you fall sick, and so on.

You will be living a life of fear because if the authorities find out you are illegal, you will be bundled up, placed in some immigration detention center, and eventually deported. It is not worth it so listen to the advice of your mother so you don't end up derailing your life and destiny.

My 2 cents.

Which kind of useless advice is this? The economic downturn in aboard as if Nigeria has not been in recession since 2015, which people do you say left aboard to come to do farming here? You're crazy to give such awful advice.

If it's not going fine abroad then it's more than hell here.

Op, if you have the opportunity to leave this zoo, please don't hesitate and make sure you migrate legally if you do, then I assure you that your future is in safe hands. Most of the people you see suffering abroad are illegal immigrants, I've not seen anyone travelling legally and ever regretting it.

1 Like

Re: I Am No More Going by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Op I believe you are a young man who is less than 18 years. Listen and take this trashy advice and watch your life get doomed.

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trip Report: Port Harcourt To Lagos On Max Air / Sweden Or Spain / You Can See The Whole Of Ibadan City From This Tower (bower's Tower Ibadan In 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.