Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco (1961 Views)

APC Will Teach Wike Big Lesson Soon — Primate Ayodele / A Lesson Every Nigerian Must Read! / Eight Functions Of INEC Every Nigerian Should Know - Channels tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by BrandBrainBox: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2021
THE GOOGLE INC SECRET: A BIG LESSON EVERY NIGERIAN SHOULD LEARN FOR A BETTER ECONOMY (PERSONAL OR NATIONAL)

Looking at the way Google has completely dominated not only the search engine market but also the World Wide Web itself, it may be really hard to accept that the tech giant is barely 2 decades only in operation. But, for me, it is even harder to agree that Google was at least the 17th search engine ever created in the history of the Web that started around 1991 only.

Within the six years (from 1991 to 1997), I have been able to count 16 search engines that were launched before Google was finally born in 1998. This number includes old-timers like Yahoo and Ask but does not include many of Google's contemporaries (such as MSN, Bing, Baidu, Yandex, and DuckDuckGo).

BUT, HOW DID GOOGLE COME ALL THE WAY FROM THE 17TH POSITION TO OVERTAKE THE OTHER SEARCH ENGINES AND IS NOW VERY FAR FROM BEING OVERTAKEN BY ANY OF ITS CONTEMPORARIES (it has 92.47% global search market share as of January 2021 according to Statista)?

This is the secret I discovered which you can see below to be all Nigerians need to know for the country to start doing well politically and economically (partly because it has all it takes to transform individual Nigerian economies en masse also). So, I share with those who care (below):

Please, click here to tweet this thread.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by BrandBrainBox: 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2021
JUST A LITTLE DIFFERENCE OF ATTITUDE IS ALL GOOGLE BROUGHT TO THE MARKET: Look At It!

I do a lot of studies on modern brands, and I have discovered the simple secret behind Google's speedy market dominance. Without going into much detail on this (to avoid wasting your time), the Google secret that I discovered can be referred to as helpfulness-orientedness in business operations. But you can listen to my brief explanation of it.

Like every other startup ever, Google was certainly looking to make profits when they started in an obscure garage office in suburban Menlo Park, California. An investor wrote them a cheque of $100,000 and they rented their garage office space from a woman who later became their employee.

"Clunky desktop computers, a ping pong table, and bright blue carpet set the scene for those early days and late nights" Google narrates on her official 'our story' page.

But instead of thinking of the money to make in such a desperate situation, the young founders Larry and Sergey chose to think a bit differently. "Let all our focus be on what the users need or love" they agreed, "rather than the money we stand to make". Mind you, everyone was already preaching this but only Google seemed to have truly practiced it.

More below.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2021
complete the article as soon as possible.
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by BrandBrainBox: 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2021
That singular decision is what has brought Google thus far - "from the Garage to the Googleplex" as the company puts it officially. It is what the company now states as “OUR INTENTIONALLY UNCONVENTIONAL METHOD".

They went ahead to be so faithful to this self-promise that it's still a popular saying among SEOs that "Google loves what the users love". What this means is that, if you want Google algorithms to favor you the most in your SEO (and even PPC) efforts, just save yourself a lot of troubles by having the best interest of Google users at heart.

The company manifests this business principle so thoroughly that you don't need much understanding of corporate culture to see it live at every corner. To start with, theirs was the first search engine to use user-generated data to rank pages so that the pages more users are citing are made to appear at the top of the search results (now known as Page Rank or PR for short).

Sometimes, I really marvel at values Google gives away with no strings attached whatsoever. Apart from the fact that most Google services are free of charge to the web public - which many web-based services now also do - Google's uniquely all-out service-orientedness is still to be seen in such services as YouTube, Blogger and Sites where anyone can sign up for absolutely free publication accounts and still have the right to permit or not permit Google to place ads on the published pages.

THEY EVEN PAY YOU FOR GRANTING THEM THE PERMISSION! How else could a company practice "the customer is king" principle? (You can also read this: How To Get Loads of Free Customers Using Google My Business Listing - with Nigerian examples).

One more post below...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2021
Hahahaha grin grin grin grin

Op thanks for sharing though.

U want Nigerians to learn wetin? People that like to look the other way and cover up wrongdoings.

People that want to remain backward, don't want to improve their life to make it better.

2 Likes

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by BrandBrainBox: 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2021
AND, HOW DOES NIGERIA'S CASE COME INTO ALL THESE?

A scripture states that, "the love of money is the root of all evil". I tell you, that scripture is true and I can't think of anywhere else that it is truer than in the history and the economy of Nigeria especially since independence.

Nigeria is a place where greed for money has been doing inter-generational damages. For instance, a Nigerian child goes to school to get trained and be a force in the economy of the future. But when the child gets to school, greed for money makes the teachers to let him/her believe in cheating rather than in teaching. The child eventually cheats the process. But, it's actually himself that the child cheated because he stopped himself from acquiring the near-almighty power that knowledge gives to those who truly have it.

But do you know who was cheated above all else here? All of us as a people are being cheated in those schools - because we are being robbed of a future generation that would have made us proud in our respective graves. We are being robbed of future scientists and technocrats that would have influenced human civilization enough to lead an era of it.

The same robbery is taking place in the political life of the country. It's such that it's now become a culture that when people are getting into political offices, what dominates their minds is "I'M GETTING RICHER SOON" instead of “WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD UP MY CV WITH AN EXCELLENT SERVICE DELIVERY!"

Ironically, the generality of Nigerians actually expect these public office holders to get superfluously richer by occupying those offices! Thus, if you occupy such offices without getting richer or leading a more flamboyant lifestyle than you had in your pre-office days, Nigerians tend to get angry at you (even YOU may probably have a case in mind right now; don't you?). YET, THE SAME PEOPLE EXPECT A BETTER COUNTRY - So funny grin

The police also has become a synonym for "bribery" and "greed for money". It's why a poorly funded vigilante like ESN is earning far more popular confidence in the South-East than a police department funded with our oil hard currency and hard-earned tax.

When Google was taking off in 1998, both of its founders were 25 years old. But they were advanced in their mentality enough to know the power of being EARNESTLY SERVICE-ORIENTED in business delivery. Now, I think that over 200 million Nigerians (about half of whom are 25 years and older) can learn from that TO ALWAYS PLACE SERVICE DELIVERY AHEAD OF MONEY-MAKING. Our barefaced greed for money is actually "the root of all evils" in Nigeria.

Thank you. Please, click here to tweet this thread.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by istina: 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2021
An average Nigerian and business are all about the money and nothing else.
They've switched on SURVIVAL mode whereby they are all out for themselves alone not even for their clients and customers.
Too bad this attitude cuts across all spheres and industries in the country. Trading, Schools, Entertainment, church, politics, etc are not exempted.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2021
Very brilliant piece. Weldon

4 Likes

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by Corona22: 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2021
Very well said

4 Likes

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by Aderr: 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2021
istina:
An average Nigerian and business are all about the money and nothing else.
They've switched on SURVIVAL mode whereby they are all out for themselves alone not even for their clients and customers.
Too bad this attitude cuts across all spheres and industries in the country. Trading, Schools, Entertainment, church, politics, etc are not exempted.
Many do not even care about the poor staff who are treated like slaves and insulted for sport.
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by istina: 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
Aderr:
Many do not even care about the poor staff who are treated like slaves and insulted for sport.
So true
They don't know that if you take care of your staff they will take good care of your business
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by prince2pac(m): 1:28am On Feb 20, 2021
Beautiful piece OP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by simplePOS: 1:49am On Feb 20, 2021
I love this post

4 Likes

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by Lagoon0: 5:14am On Feb 20, 2021
Lalasticlacla

4 Likes

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 20, 2021
This Post is too advanced for the idle tribalistic banters of the small minded children called Nairalanders.

Pls op you deserve better. A blog, website or you can be a business coach to business executives and startups.

Nice Analysis.

3 Likes

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by 10mobile: 7:06am On Feb 20, 2021
SOLIDWORLD:
This Post is too advanced for the idle tribalistic banters of the small minded children called Nairalanders.

Pls op you deserve better. A blog, website or you can be a business coach to business executives and startups.

Nice Analysis.
Those who are healthy have no need for a doctor as Jesus said. So, I beg to differ with you when you said that the op shouldn't be here. This is where he is needed the most to correct our bad mindsets.

But, Nairaland needs to emulate Google by favoring what the users need the most. So, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, more Nigerians need to read this. Content like this will increase the value of Nairaland far more than stories about naked oloshos called celebrities. Those ones only attract low quality traffic.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by BrandBrainBox: 7:43am On Feb 20, 2021
istina:

So true
They don't know that if you take care of your staff they will take good care of your business
I agree with you, istina, and Aderr that our entrepreneurs need to learn to treat their staff better. However, from YOUR OWN perspective, I want you to view the poor treatment more positively because it will help you to be happier and more successful. As an employee (obviously), it will pay you to see those poor treatments as Nature telling you to start your own business. Then, those things that you see the so-called bosses doing wrongly, you do them right and you will rise to lead 'the bosses' instead of wasting your mental energy on hating them, getting bitter every morning of every work day, and remaining a poorly treated employee for life. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by dumahi(m): 8:29am On Feb 20, 2021
Lagoon0:
Lalasticlacla
Lalasticlala, Mynd44. Seconded.
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by capitalzero: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2021
Interesting to know the founders of Google are caucasians. Caucasians are known for perseverance in doing business. Africans love instant gratification and this attitudes affect how we run business. We don't build business for future generations.
I hope this post will hit front page.
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by Welcum: 9:06am On Feb 20, 2021
capitalzero:
Interesting to know the founders of Google are caucasians. Caucasians are known for perseverance in doing business. Africans love instant gratification and this attitudes affect how we run business. We don't build business for future generations.
I hope this post will hit front page.
But Nairaland and Paystack are founded by a blacks and they doing well. However, I agree with you that this post should hit fp. Please oga Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, etc, help. Everyone is voting this post for fp.
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by istina: 10:58am On Feb 20, 2021
BrandBrainBox:

I agree with you, istina, and Aderr that our entrepreneurs need to learn to treat their staff better. However, from YOUR OWN perspective, I want you to view the poor treatment more positively because it will help you to be happier and more successful. As an employee (obviously), it will pay you to see those poor treatments as Nature telling you to start your own business. Then, those things that you see the so-called bosses doing wrongly, you do them right and you will rise to lead 'the bosses' instead of wasting your mental energy on hating them, getting bitter every morning of every work day, and remaining a poorly treated employee for life. Thanks.
Exactly. That has actually helped me in life and gradually has made me a better boss to my employees now that i'm an employer of labour.

1 Like

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by sweetonugbu: 11:24am On Feb 20, 2021
Fact
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by Jossyroyal1: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
cheesy

Nice one OP

If you want to go far in business, focus on solving problems.

This is the new normal
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by OlujobaSamuel: 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
Biko, op, change your font to black, reading is difficult for some of us, and stop the switching from italic to bold font. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by SweetVibe: 4:46pm On Feb 20, 2021
Rrading this gave me a fresh revelation from the angle of knowledge

1 Like

Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by bukxy: 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
Welcum:

But Nairaland and Paystack are founded by a blacks and they doing well. However, I agree with you that this post should hit fp. Please oga Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, etc, help. Everyone is voting this post for fp.
which Nairaland is doing well?

To me I'm dissappointed in Mr seun.

just imagine u started Nairaland during the early stage of Facebook,he even started Nairaland before Twitter was founded,

look at what Twitter is today,
Technology is changing everyday,but Nairaland is still old fashioned, no new features at all,even if it's once in a while.
example
*we don't have to keep refreshing every page on nairaland on anything clicked .

*those obsolete emoji's need to be changed.

*just one notification button is enough,instead of it being in different sections

*Nairaland search engine isn't advanced at all.
lot of things missing on Nairaland.

l believe Nairaland would have been the twitter of Nigeria if the right things were put in plac
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by dxdiag(m): 9:01pm On Feb 20, 2021
Let me comment my reserve
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by BrandBrainBox: 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:
Biko, op, change your font to black, reading is difficult for some of us, and stop the switching from italic to bold font. Thanks.
Please dear, the colored text I'm using is to make it more fun to read since there's relatively a lot to read. But since you have problems with it, you can send me a DM so I can email you the entire thing.
Re: The Google Inc Secret: A Big Lesson Every Nigerian Should Learn For A Better Eco by BrandBrainBox: 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2021
Most of the problems in Nigeria are the direct result of the stupidity of the people called Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

Celebration As Another IPOB Cordinator Is Arrested By Army - PHOTOS / Dualization Of Ogbunabali, Port Harcourt / Who Will Save Nigerian Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.