Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment (386 Views)

Please Help Me Solve This Book 4 Quantitative Reasoning Problem / Maths Guru Please Help Me Solve This Simultaneous Equations For My Young(photo) / Can U Solve This Primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment by GrandFinale2021(m): 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2021
So I got this assignment from my sister who is studying Library and information sciences.
The topic is "is National Libraries under the control of Ministry of Education or Ministry of information? And State your reasons"
So I know quite too well that the National Library of Nigeria is under the control and supervision of ministry of education but the help I need from you guys is to help give me solid reasons why the National Library of Nigeria should be placed under the ministry of education and not ministry of Information.
Please guys your ideas would be so appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Re: Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment by dat9jaguy(m): 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
So I got this assignment from my sister who is studying Library and information sciences.
The topic is "is National Libraries under the control of Ministry of Education or Ministry of information? And State your reasons"
So I know quite too well that the National Library of Nigeria is under the control and supervision of ministry of education but the help I need from you guys is to help give me solid reasons why the National Library of Nigeria should be placed under the ministry of education and not ministry of Information.

I hope this helps :

Advanced definitions of library (Islam, 2004-fm adio gboyega) however are as follows:
(i) As a learned institution equipped with treasures of knowledge maintained, organized, and managed by trained personnel to educate the children, men and women continuously and assist in their self-improvement through an effective and prompt dissemination of information embodied in the resources.
(ii) As an enabling factor to obtain spiritual, inspirational, and recreational activities through reading, and therefore the opportunity of interacting with the society’s wealth and accumulated knowledge.
(iii) An instrument of self education, a means of knowledge and factual information, a centre of intellectual recreation, and a beacon of enlightenment that provides accumulated preserved knowledge of civilization which consequently enriches one’s mental vision, and dignifies his habit behaviour, character, taste, attitude, conduct, and outlook on life.
(iv) As a place in which literary and artistic materials, such as books, periodicals newspapers, pamphlets, prints, records, and tapes, are kept for reading, reference, or lending. In a digital sense, a library may be more than a building that houses a collection of books and other materials as the Internet has opened up an avalanche of online and electronic resources for accessing documents on various fields of interest.
(v) As a collection of texts, images, etc, encoded so as to be stored, retrieved, and read by computer.

Libraries have been identified as one of the key elements for open access to information, which is crucial to educational development. Public and institutional collections and services may be intended for use by people who choose not to — or cannot afford to — purchase an extensive collection themselves, who need material no individual can reasonably be expected to have, or who require professional assistance with their research. In addition to providing materials, libraries also provide the services of librarians who are experts at finding and organizing information and at interpreting information needs. Libraries often provide a place of silence for studying.

Culled from :osarome..com
Re: Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment by GrandFinale2021(m): 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2021
dat9jaguy:

I hope this helps :

Advanced definitions of library (Islam, 2004-fm adio gboyega) however are as follows:
(i) As a learned institution equipped with treasures of knowledge maintained, organized, and managed by trained personnel to educate the children, men and women continuously and assist in their self-improvement through an effective and prompt dissemination of information embodied in the resources.
(ii) As an enabling factor to obtain spiritual, inspirational, and recreational activities through reading, and therefore the opportunity of interacting with the society’s wealth and accumulated knowledge.
(iii) An instrument of self education, a means of knowledge and factual information, a centre of intellectual recreation, and a beacon of enlightenment that provides accumulated preserved knowledge of civilization which consequently enriches one’s mental vision, and dignifies his habit behaviour, character, taste, attitude, conduct, and outlook on life.
(iv) As a place in which literary and artistic materials, such as books, periodicals newspapers, pamphlets, prints, records, and tapes, are kept for reading, reference, or lending. In a digital sense, a library may be more than a building that houses a collection of books and other materials as the Internet has opened up an avalanche of online and electronic resources for accessing documents on various fields of interest.
(v) As a collection of texts, images, etc, encoded so as to be stored, retrieved, and read by computer.

Libraries have been identified as one of the key elements for open access to information, which is crucial to educational development. Public and institutional collections and services may be intended for use by people who choose not to — or cannot afford to — purchase an extensive collection themselves, who need material no individual can reasonably be expected to have, or who require professional assistance with their research. In addition to providing materials, libraries also provide the services of librarians who are experts at finding and organizing information and at interpreting information needs. Libraries often provide a place of silence for studying.

Culled from :osarome..com
thank you so much for this.
Through this your ideas you've listed to me I can see the interpersonal relationship that exist between both institutions (National library and ministry of Education especially in providing literacy and other educational services)
Thanks so much bro. Whose the osarome you cited this write up from?
Just asking cos that's a Benin name though and my sister is studying there (UNIBEN)
Re: Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment by dat9jaguy(m): 11:15pm On Feb 19, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
9 thank you so much for this.
Through this your ideas you've listed to me I can see the interpersonal relationship that exist between both institutions (National library and ministry of Education especially in providing literacy and other educational services)
Just asking cos that's a Benin name though and my sister is studying there (UNIBEN)

I just googled the topic and this blog was one of the results displayed, I copied and pasted where I thought would be of help.
Thanks also for appreciating my effort.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment by GrandFinale2021(m): 11:24pm On Feb 19, 2021
dat9jaguy:

I just googled the topic and this blog was one of the results displayed, I copied and pasted where I thought would be of help.
Thanks also for appreciating my effort.
you're welcome bro God bless you

1 Like

Re: Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment by Tobbit: 1:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wait first. You say I suppose tire

Next, you say I'm deceiving writers. I don't get. How so. Let's brain storm bro
Re: Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment by Tobbit: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
GrandFinale2021:

Ayam waiting for your answers o
Re: Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment by GrandFinale2021(m): 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
ok
Re: Please Fellows I Need Your Ideas To Help Me Solve This Assignment by PRESIDENT2003(f): 8:11am On Sep 15, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
9 thank you so much for this.
ehen

(1) (Reply)

/ Fedpoly Offa Rector, Other Principal Officers Take Covid-19 Vaccines / Re: Which Way For The Enugu State University Of Science And Technology (ESUT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.