Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,451 members, 7,853,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

As We Go To The Polls: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As We Go To The Polls: (473 Views)

Pics: Head-to-head Performance Of APC And PDP at The Polls / Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) / Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As We Go To The Polls: by mcgboye(m): 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2011
So, after two grossly embarrassing but totally avoidable postponements, Nigerians will take to the polls in a few hours to decide their future by voting leaders who they believe will take them to the proverbial "promised land".
I have no doubt Nigerians are ready for d elections. My doubt lies in the electoral body and its chairman, who promised so much but have so far delivered little. It is my utmost wish that INEC will get it right this time. It will be a collective failure if we fail again.
The bigger problem, however, is with the electorates who are caught in a dilemma; a choice between largely underperfoming incumbents on the one hand and mostly rubbish oppositions on the other. We've almost always had that singular misfortune- Two bad choices.
Despite all these, we will still go out to perform out civic rights. Things may not be going as we've all dreamt, but we still believe things will get better.
Afterall, that's why we're Nigerians. We are born to believe,

(1) (Reply)

Us, Uk , France, Japan , Other Embassies Open Desks For Polls, Storm Nigeria / Zuma Heads To Libya For Mediation Talks / Cnn Video: Election Reform Via Twitter In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.