Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili (3371 Views)

I Have Left PDP – Edwin Clark / Why Obasanjo, Atiku, Amaechi Left PDP – Metuh / I Left PDP 48 Hours To Election To Spite Mimiko–olanusi, Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili by aloyemeka1: 1:09am On Apr 09, 2011
[size=16pt]I Left PDP To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili[/size]

Former Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, on Thursday said her husband, Dr. Chike Akunyili, forced her to quit the Peoples Democratic Party. Akunyili, who left the PDP last December to contest the Anambra Central Senatorial seat on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), said her husband could no longer accept the violent nature of the PDP in Anambra State.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-uXAULaT0yxs/TZ9C14zSZQI/AAAAAAAACGw/tJp0aUNVaLY/s400/207514_10150209288753488_119586108487_8524713_7826432_n.jpg[/img]

She recalled how she called a stakeholders’ meeting of the PDP in Awka in 2010 after the party lost the governorship election, saying developments at the meeting shocked her husband, who gave a choice between her marriage and the PDP. She said some PDP members organised hoodlums, who released teargas cannisters at the meeting venue and sent everyone scampering to safety.

“There and then, my husband asked me to choose between my marriage to him and attending PDP meetings,” she said. Akunyili said in contrast with the situation in the PDP in Anambra State, APGA was fostering peace and unity, fostered by the Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi" - Punch

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/04/i-left-pdp-to-save-my-marriage-akunyili.html
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili by aloyemeka1: 1:48am On Apr 09, 2011
There and then, my husband asked me to choose between my marriage to him and attending PDP meetings,” she said. Akunyili said in contrast with the situation in the PDP in Anambra State, APGA was fostering peace and unity, fostered by the Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi" - Punch

Why not choose your political career?. You are still pretty and You always find another husband if you eventually become a senator.

1 Like

Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili by Musiwa13: 2:33am On Apr 09, 2011
i have to go.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili by henry101(m): 3:13am On Apr 09, 2011
Is there anything wrong if a wife listens/obeys her husband?
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili by aloyemeka1: 3:29am On Apr 09, 2011
henry101:

Is there anything wrong if a wife listens/obeys her husband?

Not when the husband is asking her to jump through the bridge.
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili by zoedew: 8:24am On Mar 16, 2019
Thanks to God she chose her husband! She needed the care of the husband at the tail end of her celebrated life! #Godknowsbest
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili by etrouble: 8:53am On Mar 16, 2019
aloyemeka1:

Why not choose your political career?. You are still pretty and You always find another husband if you eventually become a senator.

And this one too na person pikin. Do we have people born without any brain?
Re: I Left Pdp To Save My Marriage - Dora Akunyili by moderatorr: 7:30am On Sep 29, 2021
Her husband is now dead too.
The same politics has got him assa-sin-nated

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

''If I Have My Way I Will Kill All Boko Haram''- Hausa Man In Anambra / Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By 12 Midnight Today! / “You Are Subjecting Ndigbo To Perpetual Beggarly Status”–APC Blasts Igbo Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.