Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Why Do Some Nigerians Lie About What They Materially Own. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do Some Nigerians Lie About What They Materially Own. (763 Views)

Who Else Believes This Lie About Nigeria / Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? / Why Some Nigerians Will Not Make Money On Affiliate Marketing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Nigerians Lie About What They Materially Own. by melidee: 1:55am On Apr 09, 2011
I met a colleague at work and at first he seemed very genuine he told me that he had 8 sisters and only 1 brother who was rich (this could be true)
All the family including his mum he said was poor due to his fathers family taking everything his father owned when he died. He said he was building a house for his mum and that his sisters often teeth the money he often sends to his mum

I did not see this guy for a while as he worked on the agency then he told me his brother died he had to go to naija.

After which he started with his stories and putting evidence on social networking sites of a big mansion ( dead brothers house).
He started telling me about his dads company (dead brothers bussiness) and how he can ask his mum to send money from there or he can ask the accountant of the company but he stated that he dont like to collect money from nigeria as he should really send money to naija. To build his house in uk. Then he states his mum is complaining of being in the big house on her own and that the cars are rusting.

He states he can even help me as his family is rich he can help me get my foot in the
door of any thing i wanted and my spouse.
i just want to ask him why  dont people just shut up we dont need to know this nobody like myself will think anymore of you for this infact people with sense will think less of you so why do people feel the need to lie about their life?
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Lie About What They Materially Own. by melidee: 2:00am On Apr 09, 2011
By the way when talking of this there was no more mention of his 8 sisters who were previously poverty stricken and whos husbands were threatening them with a second wife if they did find money for them.

No body is abusing so please dont get offended
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Lie About What They Materially Own. by Thirst4Lif: 4:06am On Apr 09, 2011
He states he can even help me as his family is rich he can help me get my foot in the
door of any thing i wanted and my spouse.

The man is a liar. There are many around. My concern came when he spoke of him wanting to help you get your "foot in the door."

Getting your foot in the door will cost you money. Since he has proven himself to be deceitful, be very careful in trusting him with any of your

finances.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Lie About What They Materially Own. by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 09, 2011
just force of habit.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Lie About What They Materially Own. by melidee: 12:24pm On Apr 10, 2011
I know hes a liar i wouldnt even trust him to share his egusi soup but i just feel embarrassed for him. It just goes to show how important it is for a lot of people to live a materlistic lifestyle and have material wealth. I know that, that is 99% of this worlds problems and the other 1% is down to natural disasters.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Lie About What They Materially Own. by iice(f): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2011
The status thing. Na beans? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Flex, Sav And Window Graphics Materials For Sale / How Do I Convert My Book Into An Ebook / Ghana's Economy, Fastest-growing In The World - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.