Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits (11604 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo With Tukur Mamu, Arrested Bandits' Negotiator (Throwback Photo / Benin Government May Use Igboho To Negotiate Full Border Re-opening / Gumi: Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren, Others May Regain Freedom Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by QualityMan99(m): 5:38am On Feb 20, 2021
That angel way suggest make them put me for nigeria.. when i reach heaven ehhn, we go fight tear shirt. Jacob own na wash...

2 Likes

Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by symbianDON(m): 5:39am On Feb 20, 2021
santakris:
What is the difference between kidnappers and bandits? These guys are terrorists. Flush them out with maximum force.

The way government is handling this matter may encourage more people to join this banditry business if care is not taken.
My brother, you speak as though we have a government! Isn't it the same stock as the terrorists who are in power??
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by supereagle(m): 5:48am On Feb 20, 2021
Achieving Sustainable Peace in Nigeria

Former Military Administrator of Ogun State, Navy Commodore Kayode Olofinmoyin (rtd), has condemned the composition of the National Security Council for being heavily skewed in favour of one particular section of the country.

Olofinmoyin made the explosive remarks yesterday at the Leaders News House Peace, Unity and Security Lecture Series chaired by former Governor Adamawa State, Mr. Boni Haruna at the ECOWAS main auditorium, Asokoro, Abuja.

Commenting on the theme of the discussion: 'Sustainable Peace: The Divide of a Growing Nation,' Olofinmoyin described the make-up of the national security structure as a clear example of political inequality in the country and one of the reasons elevating ethnic tension in the country.

He described as unhealthy for national unity and peace, a situation where nine out of the 11 members on the National Security Council are from the Northern part of the country.

"We are practicing the Presidential system of government which promotes equality and the rule of law. But if you don't guarantee equality like we don't in Nigeria, you cannot have peace, you cannot have progress and you cannot develop.

"Let me go straight away to address Mr. President. People have said with the political inequality as it is in Nigeria today, you cannot have peace. I cannot have trust in the government. Let me give you a very good example because security is the first thing. And then people must separate your security infrastructure-the security team," Olofinmoyin said.

However, there was mild drama in the auditorium as while the retired officer, who served as a military administrator in the Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar (rtd) regime spoke his mind, there was a subtle attempt by the Permanent Secretary, General Services Office (GSO) OSGF, Dr. Maurice Nnamdi Mbaeri, to stop him.

Mbaeri, who was obviously not feeling uncomfortable with the views by Olofinmoyin, literally vacated his seat on the podium and took a back seat backstage.

Olofinmoyin said aside from the President, the majority of the members of the security councils, including the Chief of Staff to the President, Prof Ibrahim Gambari; the National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno; Minister of Defence, Maj. Gen Bashir Magashi (rtd); the Chief of Army Staff, Maj. Gen Attahiru Ibrahim; the Director-General, Department of State Services; Mr. Yusuf Magaji Bichi; the Director-General, National Intelligence Agency, Mr. Ahmed Rufai Abubakar; the Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Awwal Zubairu Gambo; and the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar Adamu are all Northerners.

He said the only Southerners in the council are the Chief of Defence Staff, Maj Gen Lucky Irabor and the Chief of Air Staff AVM Isiaka Amao.

"So in your National Security Council of eleven, you have nine northerners and two southerners. Look, I am telling you as a practitioner, a former governor of a state, a General, and I am 70 years old, when you go to such meeting, those two southerners are just there as onlookers. Who is going to believe in the outcome of such a security meeting and you say it is national," Olofinmoyin said.

He said the prevailing herdsmen clashes, spate of killings and kidnapping occur because of the ethnic imbalance in the national security council, while asking the federal government to correct the inequality as it is a sure way to guarantee peace.

For Heritage Forum
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Pyhonist: 5:51am On Feb 20, 2021
It is that Government May Swap or May have swapped? Their is a new they've been released to Gumi.
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Angrymode: 6:08am On Feb 20, 2021
I want to say something but I can't because it will be an epistle too long to read. In summary, this country is finished thanks to bad governance at all levels.
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Emiliano92: 6:14am On Feb 20, 2021
Nawa ooo.... What mess!!! What a bleeped up governance!!!.... I Taya really Taya for all this old men dealing!!
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by zedegit: 6:18am On Feb 20, 2021
Nwodosis:
The insecurity in the North is not ending soon.

How will you feel if after paying the supreme price as a soldier only for those that killed you to be released later with compensation.

How demoralizing can it be.
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 20, 2021
WITH THIS BY THE NEXT 10 YEARS THE BEST BUSSINESS WILL BE CRIME. RAPE, KILL OR KIDNAPP THE GOVERNMENT OF THE GENERAL WILL PAY YOU MIILIONS ONLY FOR YOU TO SQUANDER IT AND COME BACK TO STRIKE AGAIN.

FEMI FALANA AND TUNDE BAKARE ARE NOW DUMB
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by hyduffy: 6:43am On Feb 20, 2021
Just imagine the kind of country we live in... After giving them money, they will still make a swap with arrested bandits for the abducted children....
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by seguntijan(m): 6:44am On Feb 20, 2021
The bad governance from every quarter in Nigeria has attracted crimes on our lands. When criminals are broke, they kidnap innocent children from schools, especially from those schools bereaved of every hope of life and sanity in the North, the clueless governor whose responsibility was to protect and make the school habitable for the students would surrender helplessly to the weak Federal government who would then bribe the criminals in a celebrated word known as ransom to release the children.

We the citizens would celebrate their release for a while. The bandits may go broke again after a month, the same thing would be repeated. This has turned to a lucrative business that has attracted more bandits to feast on the 'bandits' round table of enjoyment' in Nigeria. May God help us out of this deep shit we have found ourselves. I pray the abducted Kagara school boys are released unconditionally and peacefully soon.

Aweda 1442AH
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Bukden16(m): 6:54am On Feb 20, 2021
Is the said school really existing?
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Coldie(m): 6:55am On Feb 20, 2021
Leading to another problem and another kidnap
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by dederocs(m): 6:58am On Feb 20, 2021
This religion is a cankerworm on us in the south, we must carry out a referendum to divide this country peacefully, North and south are too different, they value their religious affiliation than human life...Nigeria will not work, best we separate from North peacefully.
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by blackmantis: 7:23am On Feb 20, 2021
The government should stop negotiating from a point of weakness.

Some scapegoats have to be made.

Why give amnesty to terrorist?

That camp should be heaviy surrounded and no single bandit should be allowed to get out free.

Ultimatum should be given release the captives or face the consequences.

And follow through eliminate them all

Another group will think twice before repeating such.

Once bandits realize that the government would rather kill them than pay 1Naira for ranson all these nonsense will stop.
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Badonasty(m): 7:32am On Feb 20, 2021
i think Mr gumi should take a chill pill and Goan rest somewhere....we don't have to negotiate with terrorists...maybe when endsars protesters take up arms then they'll take them serious
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by jojothaiv(m): 7:36am On Feb 20, 2021
They should be specific and stop playing with words..

Government has swapped.......
We are only waiting for the breaking news...
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by BigBizzy(m): 7:38am On Feb 20, 2021
Nigeria is a failed state
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Advocate500: 7:40am On Feb 20, 2021
All this things are possible based on one Nigeria,if the north where to be on their own ,they will never tolerate all this rubbish.
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 20, 2021
Of what use are all our security agents then....you keep paying them and they keep buying more sophisticated weapons...How did we get here oh God
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by AFONJACOW(m): 8:02am On Feb 20, 2021
Nigeria Airforce left where there's war they supposes to bomb, and go to restive place that has zero record of violence to flex power, this is hight of stupidity from Nigeria government..... I have told people to stop sparing herdsmen their grandmaster in Also rock will find means to release them.. kill them once u have the chance
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by HRMK: 8:11am On Feb 20, 2021
hahaha...swap students with bandits?who voted in these clueless leaders?nawa!
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by TemmyT002(m): 8:11am On Feb 20, 2021
One thing I saw in the article is that the Bandits are Fulani as mentioned by the Zamfara bandit leader.
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by matm: 8:23am On Feb 20, 2021
May it not happen for dt will boost criminality and encourage more youths to go into crime.
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Kayyus09(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2021
Business as usual.

My business is to design and print. Check my signature
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Leykinz(m): 9:35am On Feb 20, 2021
Damn, session film ni country wa, so many suspense
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Primebuilders(m): 9:37am On Feb 20, 2021
How come so many groups knows about these bandits yet the authority do nothing
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by delpee(f): 9:40am On Feb 20, 2021
Banditry and terrorism isn't ending anytime soon. When you reward evil consistently, it thrives more.
Re: Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits by Dorcasqueen1: 12:21pm On Feb 20, 2021
zedegit:

How will you feel if after paying the supreme price as a soldier only for those that killed you to be released later with compensation.

How demoralizing can it be.
I am Soo scared to sleep at night in a country am a citizen,can't go to crowded places for the fear of bombings,can't travel so I won't be kidnapped.
God save us in this country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Picture Shows Where Unknown Gunmen Are Coming From / NYPF Boss Commends Herbert Wigwe On Plans To Build Varsity In Ikwerre / President Jonathan's Acceptance Speech At PDP Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.