Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,073 members, 7,953,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:28 PM

Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order (20955 Views)

Nicholas Tofowomo: We Should Have Removed Buhari Two Years Ago / Herdsmen Are Vacating Ondo Forests But Leaving Trails Of Blood, Tears - Abitogun / No Eviction Order To Herdsmen In South-West - Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by adenigga(m): 4:00am On Feb 20, 2021
The Senator representing Ondo South Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Nicholas Tofowomo, has said the herdsmen were still operating in the Ondo forests reserve because Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s eviction order was not backed by law.

The governor had last month issued a quit notice to herdsmen who are hibernating in the state forests reserve to perpetrate criminal activities, especially kidnappings.

But speaking with our correspondent in an interview in Abuja on Friday, Tofowomo said Akeredolu’s eviction order was not effective because it was a mere pronouncement, not backed by law.

He said, “When the governor gave the directive, my thinking was that he would back it up with an executive bill to the Ondo State House of Assembly.

“It is his duty as the Chief Security Officer of the state. If a law is passed in that regard, police would enforce it.

“Now, he also gave an order not backed by law because there is no structure on the ground that could make the police carry out the order.

“When structures are on the ground, people will know that you are serious. We have problems of insecurity in Nigeria because the Nigeria Police has failed. They are just like security guards. They have no vehicles to go to the bush.

“Many state governors collect between N500m and N700m every month as security vote but we don’t know what they do with it.

“They will just buy a few vehicles for the police. As of today, there is no bill against open grazing in Ondo State.

“The bill should involve all the stakeholders to be effective. Traditional rulers should be encouraged to set up vigilante and stop movement of cows.”

Governors now turn Amotekun to body guards

Tofowomo said the Western Nigeria Security Network, also known as Amotekun, has not achieved its objective because governors of the South West region didn’t carry critical stakeholders along at the formative stages.

He said, “The governors of the South-West created Amotekun without getting the input of critical stakeholders.

“I am not part of it as a senator. We have 18 senators from the South-West and none of us was involved. The members of the House of Representatives were not also involved.

“They should have involved a lot of people. They should have carried everybody along. They should have organised a big symposium and the communique at the end of it should indicate that all of us have agreed.

“They just took the bill directly to the Houses of Assembly without the input of stakeholders. We are not part of it. We are just watching them like a film. That is why they cannot tackle insecurity in their states.”
The Senator cautioned against the use of self-defence to tackle the herdsmen menace in the South-West.

He said, “Self-defence is a wrong tactic. Those who are advocating it are putting the cat before the horse.

“They should rather tell the governors who are using the Amotekun as body guards to fund them and position the corps to tackle the herdsmen.”

The Senator warned those agitating for amnesty for bandits should perish the thought because it would spell doom for the nation.

He said, “Amnesty for repentant bandits can’t work. Where will you find them? They are hiding in thick forests.

“The money you will spend on amnesty should be used to equip the Nigeria Police. We can’t have effective policing when we don’t have adequate number of personnel in the Nigeria Police Force.”

https://m.punchng.com/Featured/Why-herdsmen-in-Ondo-forests-ignored-Akeredolus-eviction-order-Senator

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Bola146(f): 4:07am On Feb 20, 2021
cry Lawlessness country lipsrsealed Do we even have laws in this country Starting from the top undecided I thought amotekuns have juju? Barkless dogs lipsrsealed Are people not living in the forest?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Abdul05: 4:08am On Feb 20, 2021
The only common enemy we have not only in Nigeria but in all Africa as well,namely Corruption

10 Likes

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by LegendHero(m): 4:14am On Feb 20, 2021
This sound like a political statement.

I’m sure the senator won’t be in the same party with Akeredolu.

24 Likes

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by orisa37: 4:40am On Feb 20, 2021
When your Tenant is holding PETROL AND MATCH and threatening to burn you and your property down, what do you do?

PATIENCE IS GOLDEN. PEACE IS HONOURABLE AND GLORIOUS.

3 Likes

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by orisa37: 4:46am On Feb 20, 2021
When your Tenant is holding PETROL AND MATCH and threatening to burn you and your property down, what do you do?

PATIENCE IS GOLDEN. PEACE IS HONOURABLE AND GLORIOUS.

AMOTEKUN SHOULD KEEP WATCHING THE FULANI HOODLUMS. GET THEM NERVOUS TILL THEY BECOME IMMOBILE AND INOPERATIVE. THEY SHALL VOLUNTARILY RUN AWAY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by spinna: 6:51am On Feb 20, 2021
Stupid talk.. what is then the essence of executive power.. kissing fulani ass in abuja. His consrituency should bookmark this.

9 Likes

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Antoeni(m): 6:52am On Feb 20, 2021
Na See Finish cause am

4 Likes

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Iamgrey5(m): 6:57am On Feb 20, 2021
LegendHero:
This sound like a political statement.

I’m sure the senator won’t be in the same party with Akeredolu.
He made some sense regarding the amnesty for bandits tho

Why should federal government give millions to Bandits when they can easily train an elite squad in the Nigerian police and equip them with the latest gadgets to fight bandits with that same money.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by blinking001(m): 7:23am On Feb 20, 2021
All enemies of Nigeria shall never know peace in this life and in the one to come Amen
All politicians who have made themselves Lords and demi gods and have stood as a symbol of corruption shall be disgraced...
All politicians that have succeeded in making this country a living hell for Nigerians shall die a terrible and horrible death Amen

We move...

4 Likes

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Marvieduke(f): 7:24am On Feb 20, 2021
So the fulanis are trying to tell him the governor that he has no power over them.

13 Likes

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Clothingonline9(m): 7:24am On Feb 20, 2021
Government order should be what they follow Gov is right his people voted him

1 Like

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Monogamy: 7:24am On Feb 20, 2021
The senator should provide proofs of herdsmen still operating in Ondo forest or forever shut up

1 Like

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Seniorpope12: 7:25am On Feb 20, 2021
Because they have assurance from the federal government, that's all.
Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by WiszyFraud: 7:26am On Feb 20, 2021
.Fvckk This Whole Shit.. undecided
Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Safeday: 7:26am On Feb 20, 2021
sad
Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Triangles1(m): 7:27am On Feb 20, 2021
Coward south west.

If federal government can allow India hemp taker to tackle herdsmen, herdsmen will become a story, is only marijuana smoker that hide inside thick forest for hours without the fears of snake or Fulani.
The moment fulanis sight me and my friends they started hailing them, bad, baddo, baddest, I was shocked, I know it sounds funny but that's just the reality.

5 Likes

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by SoulMus: 7:27am On Feb 20, 2021
cool

Buhari already appealed to Akeredolu and Makinde

If not for the appeal at Aso Rock, the Aketi I know is very very Sturborn

1 Like

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by olaric(m): 7:27am On Feb 20, 2021
Let the governor back up his order with action.
Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Rugaria: 7:27am On Feb 20, 2021
They are still there?!?
Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by whirlwind7(m): 7:28am On Feb 20, 2021
Huh.
So called senator. The type of idïots we have as leaders are just pathetic.
Ok, so because they didn't "carry" the senators along means Amotekun should not be supported?
That the security of lives should wait for the silly bureaucracy you political jobbers practice on those chambers, abi?
Now that you are all aware Amotekun was a child of providence, why not put in place what is needed to give it a more legal structure, then support it with all you can?

See how northern governors came to Ọyọ state on behalf of their terror herdsmen. They even had to keep the governor waiting because one ordinary Seriki Fulani had to join them late.
In Imo State, the governor invited the army to come and kill his people in the guise of fighting ESN.
This oloriburuku lawmaker is saying that Akeredolu is wasting his time.
Just shows how the south is it's own enemy.
Maybe we should allow the Fulanis to overrun all of us finally. We are not ready to make our stand.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Solidkay(m): 7:28am On Feb 20, 2021
I'll keep saying this, Yorubas are their own problem. come and beat me for my house, if e pain you, do something.

6 Likes

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Sonnobax15(m): 7:28am On Feb 20, 2021
lipsrsealed
When they already have a federal backing,why then shouldn't they ignore what Akeredolu abi na akerelodu has ordered them to do ?

1 Like

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by merits(m): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2021

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by sheddyboy01(m): 7:32am On Feb 20, 2021
500 Million monthly embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by Judolisco(m): 7:33am On Feb 20, 2021
No balls if na wike of rivers who born u
Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by IamWonderful: 7:34am On Feb 20, 2021
ok
Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by DropsMic(m): 7:34am On Feb 20, 2021
Empty threats
Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by whirlwind7(m): 7:36am On Feb 20, 2021
Solidkay:
I'll keep saying this,
Yorubas are their own problem.
come and beat me for my house,
if e pain you, do something.

Uzodinma that invited army to Orlu is a Yoruba man, I guess?
Look I am Igbo.
The simple truth is, the South in general are all useless. Their politicians are all afraid of the FG, when they should be afraid of their own people.

Imagine governors taking up to ₦700m every month as security votes. Budget 20% of that money every month for security and logistics to ESN, Amotekun and let each state legislature provide legal backing to the outfits...
Then you'll see how the dynamics will change abruptly, and these fools up north will beg for restructuring.
Each region should have it's own military as soon as possible. Nigeria isn't safe anymore.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sen Tofowomo: Why Herdsmen In Ondo Forests Ignored Akeredolu’s Eviction Order by nanauju(f): 7:38am On Feb 20, 2021
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obanikoro ‘Appointed’ To GAC, Highest Decision-Making Body In Lagos APC / Edo Election: Pictures From APC Rally In Ikpoba Okha LGA / Adewale Oluwatayo's Death: NASS Adjourns Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.