Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Anambra 2021; I Am An Independent Candidate - Guber Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021; I Am An Independent Candidate - Guber Aspirant (236 Views)

Anambra 2021: I Will Contest And Win Overwhelmingly - Soludo / 10 Billionaires Eye Anambra 2021 Governorship Election / LP Confirms Talks With Ogun APC Faction, May Give Amosun’s Candidate Guber Ticke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra 2021; I Am An Independent Candidate - Guber Aspirant by Spiritscience(m): 6:36am On Feb 20, 2021
By Godwin Okpala

Despite several attempts by various political parties to woo the widely loved gubernatorial candidate, Comrade Osita Eze has maintained that he would run the Guber race in the forthcoming Anambra governorship election as an independent candidate.

Responding to questions from journalists in his campaign headquarters in Awka, Comrade Osita pointed out that because he intends to re-invent the wheel in the Anambra, albeit Nigerian political narrative, he would not allow his 'clear vision of a rapidly developed Anambra State to be stunted by the myopia of party interests.'

He said, "We have seen over the years how political parties have been the bane of socioeconomic development in the country. We ought to have learnt from our mistakes. This is why I give kudos to President Mohammed Buhari for signing into law the electoral reform act which, among other things, allows for independent candidacy in Nigerian elections.

"As an independent candidate, my actions when elected as Anambra State governor will be guided by the good of the whole Anambra people regardless of their political affiliation. So, if you are of the APC, PDP, or APGA, or any other party for that matter, your interest which is in the interest of the good of the whole Anambra people will be accommodated.

"Anambra State, as the light of the Nation, has come of age politically and our people know that it is an independent mindset like this that is required at the helm of affairs in the state.

"Someone who is not prejudiced; Someone who can easily relate with people of all social classes and dispositions; Someone who has the moral standing to engage the best hands in running the affairs of the state regardless of what part of the state they come from or their religious or political inclinations.

"My government shall be a meritorious government where hard work and genius will be given their pride of place, and I cannot achieve this as a party-driven governor.

"Let us be sincere with ourselves; we need an independent governor to fast track our development as a state and a people. This is the only way we can make our beloved Anambra State attractive to our sons and daughters in diaspora who yearn to be home if only we can make it comfortable enough for them."

Comrade Eze also stated that as governor, he would not waste the resources of the state in chronic trips to developed countries. "I would rather put the resources to use in making this state as comfortable as that of developed countries so that no one will have any need to leave the state for anywhere else," he said.

He maintained that transforming Anambra State into a First World State was no rocket science and "only required strong will and sincere devotion...and above all, an independent mind focused on the good of the whole."
Re: Anambra 2021; I Am An Independent Candidate - Guber Aspirant by chrismastre5(m): 7:52am On Feb 20, 2021
your independent and you are still licking Buhari's ass, nawa o.
Re: Anambra 2021; I Am An Independent Candidate - Guber Aspirant by allen113: 8:27am On Feb 20, 2021
OK

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi Ambassadors Eulogise Hon Obidigwe / How True? Current Situation In Portharcourt (photos) / Security arrests Ganduje’s aide after comments against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.