Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

How To Overcome The Effects Of Harmattan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Overcome The Effects Of Harmattan (258 Views)

Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? / Hi Nairalanders, A Fellow Needs A Help On How To Overcome Stage Fright / How To Overcome The Storms Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Overcome The Effects Of Harmattan by assamu1122(m): 9:36am On Feb 20, 2021
In Nigeria, having harmattan in the month of February seems to be very strange. It is something that has never happened before hence the reason many people scream.

Nigeria is one of the few countries with good and equable weather conditions. Harmattan season is usually a short period of 2-3months that is between October and January. Though there was not much harmattan in November, December and even January 2021 but having it coming back to stay in the month of February is what nobody ever expected.

To understand how to manage the second phase of harmattan, here are the few things to do to overcome the effects:

- Take early morning bath and rub cream. Note that, the cream must be oily so as to remain on your skin for a while.

- Wear Sweaters or Pullover. In this kind of season, it is advised for one to wear clothes that cover the body. With this kind of cloth, one can hardly feel the effect of harmattan.

- Do Exercises. Engaging self in exercises or any form of workout is encouraging in this season. Doing exercise will moisturize the skin and bring out the sweat. With this, harmattan can never be felt.

- Get a Vaseline or baby pear that contains oil to rub on some spots on the body that are exposed to the weather. These are spots on the body that are mostly affected by harmattan. To some people with such skin, it is always embarrassing. So in order to curb it, it is advised to get Vaseline or baby oil to rub everyday.

- Use hot balm or essiential balm as popularly called. This cream in small round container is always very hot. Some people use it in their nose when they have catarrh. Rubbing balm on some spots in the body will stimulate the body and neutralize cold.

- Stay indoors. This is another way of averting the effects of harmattan. Staying indoors and probably close the door and windows so that no air can penetrate Inside can help one avert the feeling of harmattan.

- Wear socks to cover the legs. It is understood that, one start from the legs to feel the effect of cold. When one exposes the legs to cold, it will automatically affect the entire body. Therefore, it is advised to wear socks and probably shoes too.

https://newsline9ja.com/how-to-overcome-the-effects-of-harmattan/

Re: How To Overcome The Effects Of Harmattan by Draslo(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2021
Nawa for you. Na snow you dey show us. Wetin happen?!

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome The Effects Of Harmattan by Soukiss0455(f): 4:10pm On Feb 20, 2021
Nothing cure this harmattan. Like sex I main fxck.if u like do press up 200 in raw .it will not help.but try Bleep and see.u go take me for it
Re: How To Overcome The Effects Of Harmattan by meobizy(f): 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2021
People complain about the cold during harmattan. I find it a short respite from our blistering heat. Nairalanders must live atop hills for them to feel the full effect. My main problem now is soot mixing with the associated dust which burn my nostrils whenever I breathe. For some reason my internet modem is slow nowadays. I guess the dust particles are heavily affecting connectivity. Exercise helps in keeping moist. I need to start applying moisturizers once again.

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Church 'cannot Bless Same-sex Unions' - It Is A Sin / Please, Don't Lose Hope / Just In: Nigerians In UK Spotted With Placards Waiting For The Arrival Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.