Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. (706 Views)

Mai Tangale Stool: 3 Killed, Property Destroyed As Crisis Deepens / Governor Mai Mala Buni Weds Ummi Adama Gaidam As 3rd Wife, After Swearing-in / Kaduna Crises: Tinubu Blows Hot Over Religious Killings, Reveals What Will Happe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by Positivepoint(m): 11:36am On Feb 20, 2021
Crises Has erupted in Billiri LGA of Gombe over the Selection Of New Mai Tangale following the death of the 15 Mai Tangale Dr Abdu Buba-Maisheru (II) ( Christian) who died Jan 11 2021. He Succeeded

The Previous Mai Tangale are
Mai Yamba 13th Mai Tangale( Muslim)
Mai Illyasu 14th Mai Tangale (Muslim)

The Crises is between Christian and Muslims of Same Tribe Called Tangale in Gombe state over the the selection of the 16th Mai Tangale by the Government of Gombe State.

The issue here is 3 candidates where presented to the governor for his final selection by the king makers out of 18 contestants. 3 of them are from thesame family of a previous king who happened to be a Muslim. One of the 3 contestants from the same family is a christian while the others are Muslim. The contestants names are

1. Dr musa Idris Maiyamba ( christian)
2. Alhaji Danladi Maiyamba (Muslim)
3. Alhaji Ahmad Magaji (Muslim)

The christians of the Tangale extraction began protesting that they suspect since the Governor is a muslim he will definitely back the muslim candidate against thier wish for a Christian to succeed the Dead Mai Tangale who happen to be a Christian too.

The christian protesters block Gombe Yola High way and attack motorist.

They attack Billiri Market where muslims amogst them own most of the businesses and burn to the ground.

They attack about 5 mosque and houses of muslims kinsmen including Ambassador Said u Muhammed.

The Muslims kinsmen are asking a question why would thier Christian kinsmen attack them and thier properties, place of worship over a selection process that has not been concluded.

Why they the Muslims did not attack the Christians when the Mai Tangale was given to a Christian by Governor Hasidic government.

The Crime against Muslims by thier Christian kinsmen is too numerous to mention from Jukun to Tangale ETC.

The surprising thing here is they are all same tribe and intermarried each other.

These questions are disturbing and needed urgent response from the christian kinsmen of these tribes.

Pic1 Burning and looting of Muslim Shops at billiri market.

Pic 2. Galadima Mosque Burning

Pics 3. Attacking muslim Motorist passing on Yola Gombe Road.

Pics 4. Ann Saidu Muhammed House

Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
All these one sided report don't get to me.

Let us hear from the christians too.

Gombe Christians are the most peaceful in that state.

The governor should better divide it into two one for Christian and one for Muslim

1 Like

Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2021
This story reminds me of the shock I got when I visited Gombe. I never knew there were such a large Christian community over there. Same in Bauchi. Muslim dominance makes it difficult to notice their existence.

Now back to your post. Op your story looks to me as someone taking a side.

What is the selection process for the royal stool?
Is not not the people that will vote their king before the governor ratifies it?

Have you checked if the selection process have been compromised?

Did you find out if there was a bridge of process that made violence to break out?

Our royalty became problematic since insincere politicians highjacked it.

The governor will never be sincere in the selection as long as he is a politician.

The fact that Muslim have always been the royal Kings doesn't justify the sincerity of selection.

The fact that a Christian was allowed to rule does not also justify it.

What justify anything is the will of the people and most likely their will got compromised.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by LALAONE(m): 12:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
Mikecold:
All these one sided report don't get to me.

Let us hear from the christians too.

Gombe Christians are the most peaceful in that state.

The governor should better divide it into two one for Christian and one for Muslim

Hahahahha. Why won't it be one one sided? When your first, middle and last name is hypocrite.

Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by LALAONE(m): 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
This story reminds me of the shock I got when I visited Gombe. I never knew there were such a large Christian community over there. Same in Bauchi. Muslim dominance makes it difficult to notice their existence.

Now back to your post. Op your story looks to me as someone taking a side.

What is the selection process for the royal stool?
Is not not the people that will vote their king before the governor ratifies it?

Look how he talks! Full of foolish wisdom

Have you checked if the selection process have been compromised?

Did you find out if there was a bridge of process that made violence to break out?

Our royalty became problematic since insincere politicians highjacked it.

The governor will never be sincere in the selection as long as he is a politician.

The fact that Muslim have always been the royal Kings doesn't justify the sincerity of selection.

The fact that a Christian was allowed to rule does not also justify it.

What justify anything is the will of the people and most likely their will got compromised.
Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 20, 2021
[quote author=LALAONE post=99251851][/quote]

I am not interested in this tears.

Let the people elect their king before the governor certifies it.

We have never heard any act of violence from this peaceful people before now, if they alleged to be rioting coincidentally at a process then we need to also examine their side
Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by AsomughaChuks02: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
I suspect that the muslim tangales are not real natives but fulanis who integrated into the place by way of forceful evictions and takeovers of land through their herdsmen. Allow the real tangales who are christians to choose their Kings.

2 Likes

Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by LALAONE(m): 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2021
Mikecold:

I am not interested in this tears.

Let the people elect their king before the governor certifies it.

We have never heard any act of violence from this peaceful people before now, if they alleged to be rioting coincidentally at a process then we need to also examine their side

Shattap there. Tribalistic fool.
So burning, maiming and killing Muslims is nothing. Alright ooo

Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by Monogamy: 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
Even though there are little development in North, yet they are destroying them.

When will some Northerners behave like normal human being
Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by Ojiofor: 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2021
The christians have adopted attack is better than defence method.
Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by Nigeriabiafra82: 9:42pm On Feb 20, 2021
Nigeria is about
Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by Nowenuse: 12:38am On Feb 21, 2021
Which kind of stupid and biased article is this?

And by the way, majority of the muslims in Biliri and other parts of Gombe south are Hausa fulani Settlers! They are not Tangale Muslims as you are erroneously writing here.
Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by Positivepoint(m): 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nowenuse:
Which kind of stupid and biased article is this?

And by the way, majority of the muslims in Biliri and other parts of Gombe south are Hausa fulani Settlers! They are not Tangale Muslims as you are erroneously writing here.

Well how comes emir of kaltungo is a muslim and the previous mai Tangale illayus maiyamba was a muslim Gov Hashidu appointed buba maisharu.

Also below are the current contestants of Mai Tangale

1. Dr musa Idris Maiyamba ( christian)
2. Alhaji Danladi Maiyamba (Muslim)
3. Alhaji Ahmad Magaji (Muslim)

The first to are from same family but 1 a christian and the other a muslim

Stop saying what u don't know
Re: Gombe: Mai Tangale Selection Crises. by Positivepoint(m): 1:03pm On Feb 21, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:
I suspect that the muslim tangales are not real natives but fulanis who integrated into the place by way of forceful evictions and takeovers of land through their herdsmen. Allow the real tangales who are christians to choose their Kings.

Well but how come kings around the area a mostly muslims

(1) (Reply)

How Shehu Sani Hurriedly Returned Alleged $25k Proceeds Of Extortion – Witness / Nigerians Are The Problem Of Nigeria - Architect Harry / Nigeria Government Should Recruit 50000 New Soilders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.