Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Why Chief Security Officer's Profession Is A Top-notch - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Chief Security Officer's Profession Is A Top-notch (298 Views)

Akintola Williams The Doyen Of Accounting Profession Is Dead / R.i.p To My Bestfriend,my Pet,my Chief Security Officer(photos) / Principal Security Officer To Governor Dickson Ebi Present A Car Gift To His Wif (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Chief Security Officer's Profession Is A Top-notch by deyemihiraph: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
A chief security officer (CSO) is an organisation's most senior executive who is accountable for the development and oversight of policies and programmes aiming towards minimising and putting  compliance, operational, strategic, financial and reputational security risk strategies in place, and relating to the protection of people, intellectual assets and tangible property.

The accountabilities of the CSO include, but are not necessarily limited to:

In cooperation with the organisation’s executive leadership team(s), directs the development of an effective strategy to assess and minimise risk (foreign and domestic), manage crises and incidents, maintain the frequency of operations, and safeguard the organisation.

Directing staff in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices, and policies throughout the organisation to mitigate hazards, promptly respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in all areas such as information, financial, physical, personal, and reputational risk.

Ensures the organization’s compliance with the local, national, and international regulatory environments.

Researches and deploys state-of-the-art technology solutions

Develops relationships with high-level officials in law enforcement [and international counterparts] to include in-country security [and international security agencies], intelligence, and other relevant governmental functions as well as private sector counterparts [worldwide].

Digital or cyber security, sometimes referred to as IT security, does have a cooperative inter-connected involvement. 

Some organisations have combined various elements of security programs within the "chief information security officer" (CISO) function. 

IT security typically addresses security-related risk issues across all layers of an organisation's technology stack. 

This may include:

Emerging Technologies and Market Trends

Identity and access management

Incident and crisis management

Information and privacy protection

Risk and compliance management

Security architecture

Organisational resiliency programs and assessments

Threat, intelligence and vulnerability management

CSO goes beyond security because it exposes you to other areas in the works sphere...

Become a CSO Certified Now....

CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER'S COURSE

HAND-ON TRAINING and TEMPLATES ON;

1. How to conduct security risk assessments 

2. Step-By-Step Guide to SOP writing

3. How to carry out security threat analysis 

4. Security Budget writing 

5. How to prepare a comprehensive incident report

6. Writing a security contingency plan

7. Design security and contingency plan

FEE COVERS;

1. Course Fee

2. Certificate of Competence 

3. Training Material

4. Examination

5. 100hrs of Study Credit Units Awarded

TRAINING DATES;

1st - 10th APRIL 2021

FEE;

$40

PAYMENTS SHOULD BE MADE TO;

ISO-SEC

ACCESS BANK

For more info call +2349028676761

Paypal Payment for International Candidates

reg@iso-sec.org

Please kindly notify me here https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdulrafiu-aiyepe/ after payment made

SECUREPOINT SECURITY SOLUTIONS LTD

FCMB

Visit website for more details;

iso-sec.com
iso-sec.org

(1) (Reply)

Help!! / Goat Meat Stew / ORD – I Used To Swap New Born Babies For Fun When I Was In Maternity Ward – Dyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.