Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment (643 Views)

Guaranteed!! Get Rid Of Unemployment In 3-steps This Free Webinar Reveals How. / Captain Segun Omole Retires After 40 Years Of Flying, Gets Celebrated (Pics) / Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment by tallestguy4u: 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
Unilorin graduate wrote JAMB again after 9 years due to depression that emanated from Unemployment!

Which way forward in this country called Nigeria?

Just this week I stumbled on this young and ambitious guy;

Oyebode Oluwaseun Joshua an indigene of Kwara State, a graduate of Human Anatomy from University of Ilorin who wrote JAMB again after 9 years of graduation to study Education Mathematics due to unemployment.

I was marvelled on hearing this from him as he narrated his ordeals. Initially, I thought it was a joke, not until he opened up further and even sent proof of his 2020 UTME/JAMB result, with an amazing score of 275.

This is someone I know too well for his doggedness, sincerity and loyalty.

He’s been engaged in home and evening lessons in Mathematics; and his students have performed excellently well times without number in SSCE and JAMB.
This is a subject that he’s very proficient with, right from his school days and no doubt he is doing great in that area. According to him, he chose to take another JAMB with the little savings he had, after several unsuccessful attempts to secure job with his first degree.

He worked previously as a part-time Mathematics teacher for good 6 years at a state government owned school, with remarkable results obtained by his students. However, he has since been relieved of this part-time job, all because he has no degree in Education Mathematics.

Other opportunities that came his ways as well to teach Mathematics both in Private, State and Federal owned schools had always been turned down, just because he did not study Mathematics or possess a degree in that field of study.

Now, after considering several options, Seun has made up his mind to go back to the same school he graduated from 9 years ago to study Education Mathematics, with the hope that those missed opportunities will come back his way. This implies that, he has to process his admission again and wait for another four years to graduate, secure a job with his new course of study, before thinking about earning a living.

As at now, no form of support is coming forth for him, not even from friends or any quarter.

How I wish well-meaning individuals or organisation can come to Oluwaseun’s aid. He can be reached directly via: 08033392816 or ojoshua20@gmail.com

Re: Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment by Kateykate(f): 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hmmm, this is really touching and sad. I pray God will send helpers his way. But I love his tenacity and will power. #Say no to depression

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment by guuudy87(m): 11:19pm On Feb 20, 2021
Sometimes I wish I could write JAMB again
Re: Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment by pinkbarby: 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2021
Say no to depression#

There is an available two bedroom flat apartment for rent at N180,000 per year located at Asa dam ilorin, kwara State. Call or WhatsApp 09074970607

Bore hole water available
House is painted and tiled
Cool and quiet environment
Secured environment
Stable Electricity
very close to the main road
Third house to the main road
Close to NUT: National Union of Teachers
About 10 car dealers office in the area
It is located in an industrial area

Re: Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment by dhope: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2021
tallestguy4u:
Unilorin graduate wrote JAMB again after 9 years due to depression that emanated from Unemployment!

Which way forward in this country called Nigeria?

Just this week I stumbled on this young and ambitious guy;

Oyebode Oluwaseun Joshua an indigene of Kwara State, a graduate of Human Anatomy from University of Ilorin who wrote JAMB again after 9 years of graduation to study Education Mathematics due to unemployment.

I was marvelled on hearing this from him as he narrated his ordeals. Initially, I thought it was a joke, not until he opened up further and even sent proof of his 2020 UTME/JAMB result, with an amazing score of 275.

This is someone I know too well for his doggedness, sincerity and loyalty.

He’s been engaged in home and evening lessons in Mathematics; and his students have performed excellently well times without number in SSCE and JAMB.
This is a subject that he’s very proficient with, right from his school days and no doubt he is doing great in that area. According to him, he chose to take another JAMB with the little savings he had, after several unsuccessful attempts to secure job with his first degree.

He worked previously as a part-time Mathematics teacher for good 6 years at a state government owned school, with remarkable results obtained by his students. However, he has since been relieved of this part-time job, all because he has no degree in Education Mathematics.

Other opportunities that came his ways as well to teach Mathematics both in Private, State and Federal owned schools had always been turned down, just because he did not study Mathematics or possess a degree in that field of study.

Now, after considering several options, Seun has made up his mind to go back to the same school he graduated from 9 years ago to study Education Mathematics, with the hope that those missed opportunities will come back his way. This implies that, he has to process his admission again and wait for another four years to graduate, secure a job with his new course of study, before thinking about earning a living.

As at now, no form of support is coming forth for him, not even from friends or any quarter.

How I wish well-meaning individuals or organisation can come to Oluwaseun’s aid. He can be reached directly via: 08033392816 or ojoshua20@gmail.com
Can he do post graduate diploma in mathematics I mean NTI PGDE instead of going round another cycle? Just my thoughts though
Re: Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2021
What's the probability of seeing a job after the undergraduate degree in mathematics.
Re: Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment by olalekan9320(m): 6:28am On Feb 22, 2021
dhope:

Can he do post graduate diploma in mathematics I mean NTI PGDE instead of going round another cycle? Just my thoughts though
My thought too
Re: Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment by Legendguy(m): 12:01pm On Feb 22, 2021
Instead of wasting his time writing jamb and waiting for 4 years to graduate he should have gone for PGDE in education for a yr.
Re: Unilorin Graduate Wrote JAMB Again After 9 Years of Unemployment by NiRfreak(m): 8:09pm On Feb 22, 2021
Why is this not on FP

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Complete Step By Step Guide On How To Write A Good Resume / Hotel Accountants: Come And See Something / Have you seen a female herder before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.