Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

The Future Is Pregnant - Hakeem Lawal Tells Governor Abdulrahman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Future Is Pregnant - Hakeem Lawal Tells Governor Abdulrahman (334 Views)

PDP Won't Suffer If You Leave, Bode George Tells Governor Wike / Lai Mohammed, Governor Abdulrahman Tear Kwara APC Apart / Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Lining Up With "School" Bag To Board A Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Future Is Pregnant - Hakeem Lawal Tells Governor Abdulrahman by Kelf2016(m): 1:12am On Feb 21, 2021
Hakeem Lawal Rubbished APC Registration in Kwara

...."I Refused to Partake in Shambolic Registration which Disenfranchised my People"

...."Names on INEC Registers and other inexistent names are being imported to fill up APC Registers"...

A chieftain of the all Progressive Congress and one of the Gubernatorial aspirants of the party in Kwara state , Hakeem Oladimeji Lawal has taken a swipe on the ongoing APC/Otoge Registration excercise in Kwara as he Berates disenfranchisement of his people in Magaji Aare ward , Ilorin East local government area by registration officials who are allegedly acting under the directives of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq

Lawal in a statement made available to journalists in Ilorin today spoke on his ugly experience at the APC Registration point in his home , Magaji Aare ,where people were given foolscap sheet in place to of party's designed Registration leaflets to register. He described the exercise as shambolic and flagrant abuse of the APC registration guidelines noting that the whole scheme appears as manipulation to serve parochial interests

He said most of his political followers popularly refer to as "UP LAWAL" political family were denied access to register as valid APC members despite the risk they all have had to take to actualised the Otoge struggles where some of them put down their lives at stakes .

He described the situations in APC as sad where ghost names are been generated to fill up the party registers and that they even went as far as importing names on INEC registers as well. Hon Lawal noted that

The statement reads in part :

"I have received reports as regards the flagrant abuse of our party's registration guidelines, we know that it's only a means to an end - manipulation of the exercise to serve parochial interests, however, I'm happy that Kwarans are watching and taking note."

"The aftermath of the meetings shows that majority of the "UP LAWAL" political family are unable to register as party members, the same political family that risked everything for the Kwara liberation struggle to be actualized, with some paying the ultimate price, and many with unhealed internal and external scars, but the future is pregnant they say."

It's a sad situation we've got on our hands, where intending members can't register and non-existent names are generated to fill up the party registers, in other places, INEC registers are being used too, this is certainly against the guidelines of our party, and the rule of fair play and justice.

When I got to my polling unit earlier today, I filled the registration booklets, and I enjoined them to register others too, but to my surprise, their response was that they have been instructed not to register people at the polling units except via foolscap booklets, I then asked them rhetorically as to how I will register when my people are not a allowed to register!

In my admonishment to them, I told them: "We said Otoge right? Then let's show them how it should be done, we should show them that what we truly said (preached) is what we're doing, all of us that are the leaders at the front are nothing without our people, those following us are the most important, they are the reason why we're in politics.

"You said you brought out materials because of me, you should also know that those who are at the bottom will also get to the top tomorrow, and those at the top may also find themselves below, so you shouldn't use high or low class in recognising people.

"If they give you any instruction, let them know that our own ways in Magaji Aare is different. You can't give me registration slip and refuse to register my people, if you don't register them, keep your registration slip!

I walked away without receiving the registration slip, as it wasn't morally right for me to take it, when more than 75% of our supporters are unable to do so, this we will continue to speak and act against until the right thing is done, I hereby use this medium to call on the Danboyi-led team to make sure the right thing is done in Kwara.

Lastly, I call for calm and peace amongst party members, this time shall pass and the will of the people shall be fulfilled in the end.

*Hakeem Oladimeji Lawal*
*Kwara APC Chieftain*

Re: The Future Is Pregnant - Hakeem Lawal Tells Governor Abdulrahman by pinkbarby: 6:25pm On Feb 21, 2021
There is an available two bedroom flat apartment for rent at N180,000 per year located at Asa dam ilorin, kwara State. Call or WhatsApp 09074970607

Bore hole water available
House is painted and tiled
Cool and quiet environment
Secured environment
Stable Electricity
very close to the main road
Third house to the main road
Close to NUT: National Union of Teachers
About 10 car dealers offices in the area
It is located in an industrial area with lots of companies available.

(1) (Reply)

The Plant That Makes Igbos Smart / Lessons Learnt To Governors In South That Convene Meeting With Miyettiallah / "Support The Igbos To Produce The Next President" - Rochas Okorocha Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.