Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,711,300 members, 6,403,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 July 2021 at 11:22 AM

Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) (21492 Views)

Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) / Two Lessons You Have To Unlearn If You Want To Be Rich / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 5:28am On Mar 02
Breaking silence is tactically unsound. Wait for the other person to speak first, or do not speak at all.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 5:37am On Mar 02
Magnanimity is a projection of soft power, always leave a tip, it makes you look powerful and buys you favour with those who perform you services.

15 Likes

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by dederocs(m): 6:48am On Mar 02
TheUndercover:
When people don’t like you, their questions are attacks. Sometimes these attacks are disguised as concerns, other times they are blatant. Whenever you’re asked a question, gauge the legitimacy of the question. Insincere questions must be met with insincere answers, if any answer at all.
I do this instinctively.

1 Like

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by dederocs(m): 7:16am On Mar 02
TheUndercover:
Machiavelli uses the metaphor of the fox and the lion to explain the combination of cunning and strength that a prince must possess in order to maintain control of his state. Machiavelli stresses that a prince must learn how to imitate both the fox and the lion so that he may draw on the necessary attributes of these "beasts" when circumstances demand it.

According to Machiavelli, a prudent ruler must adapt to new situations and problems, acting as a fox "in order to recognize traps" and as a lion when he must "frighten off wolves." Machiavelli argues that the lion "is defenseless against traps" while the fox "is defenseless against wolves" and other physical threats; therefore, a prince must mimic the behavior of both types of beasts in order to benefit from their complementary talents and to overcome their differing weaknesses.

As a fox, the prince can use cunning statecraft and diplomacy to sidestep traps and other pitfalls. As a lion, the prince can use physical force in order to maintain his power over his subjects and enemies. Taken individually, neither of these talents will spell a prince's success; but combined, the diversified skillset – political cunning backed by the threat of physical force – is formidable. The fox and the lion represent a meeting of opposites and a wise ruler will strive to master and combine the unique skills of both beasts.
apt.

1 Like

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 12:33pm On Mar 02
Most men can get cuter girls than they think. False psychological projection of their own sexual attraction mechanism onto women blinds them to this reality.

14 Likes

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 12:35pm On Mar 02
When we see what we want to see instead of what is, we fool ourselves. All the other person need do is study our desires, and present themselves as such. They show us what we want to see, and we are all too happy to ignore anything extraneous. For this reason, it is clear: the person best suited to deceive you – is you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 7:34pm On Mar 02
Typical enemies are visible, they promote you by being vocal in their hatred of you. Insidious enemies invisibly undermine you by recruiting someone to smear you, or by endorsing your visible enemies. The insidious enemy does not market for you, sometimes he even poses as a friend. Be mindful of him, for he is the Trojan horse.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 10:04pm On Mar 02
Own your failures before they own you.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 6:15am On Mar 03
Weak people cannot be sincere.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by mdpeace(m): 7:23am On Mar 03
please op, I need the PDF thank you
Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by Degrezhaa: 8:35am On Mar 03
TheUndercover:
Own your failures before they own you.
Please can you elaborate more on this, thanks.
Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by Reex12(m): 8:54am On Mar 03
TheUndercover:
Most men can get cuter girls than they think. False psychological projection of their own sexual attraction mechanism onto women blinds them to this reality.
I sent pm for the pdf ...also explain this one
Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by Erojepromise(f): 10:09am On Mar 03
TheUndercover:
Trust the average woman as much as you trust your government, occasionally there’s a good candidate, most aren’t worth your vote.

can you kindly explain this?
Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 12:44pm On Mar 03
Degrezhaa:

Please can you elaborate more on this, thanks.
To err is human. No one is perfect. Accept your failures, and try as much to correct them and get back on track. Don't be too egoistic to admit to your faults, you might not need to admit it to someone else, but you should admit it to yourself. That's what it means to own your failures. If you don't own them as soon as possible, it will be difficult for you to move on and right your wrong and it might be too late to correct them later on.

When leaders own their mistakes, they create a learning experience. Although there may be consequences to your errors, you will come away with something you didn’t know before. It’s not about being perfect in the future, it’s about being better prepared.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 1:19pm On Mar 03
Reex12:
I sent pm for the pdf ...also explain this one
This simply means most men can get as many cute girls as they want, but how they portray themselves involving the opposite sex makes them think getting cute girls is hard. This sometimes makes them stick to one girl even if that said girl doesn't respect them in the relationship. They feel they can't get another "cute" girl like her so they try as much as possible to satisfy her.

Most men have low self-esteem. Some think their inability to get girls is because they are not attractive or not rich but this is besides the point. Even men with little of these get girls. How you view yourself is how people will view you. If you think highly of yourself, people will think highly of you and respect you because of the confidence and aura you emanate.

13 Likes

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 3:10pm On Mar 03
Erojepromise:

can you kindly explain this?
It simply means, there are lot of women (candidates) out there, most aren't suited for the position (a good/faithful partner). So cast (choose) your vote wisely.

1 Like

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 5:41pm On Mar 03
If you discover someone’s given you misinformation, ascertain the probability this was done so with ill intent; there’s a good chance you’re at war.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 5:43pm On Mar 03
If a man acts as if his life is full of willing women, then women will be more willing company.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 5:52pm On Mar 03
The higher you move up any hierarchy, the more rules you can break. And at the apex, the rules are not broken. They are made.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 7:57pm On Mar 03
When having a disagreement with someone, you should remain perfectly calm.

The other person may become angry, but you should not.

Remaining calm does a few things. To any bystanders, you appear to be the reasonable one. Appearing calm makes people perceive that you are credible, which causes them to instinctively side with you.

More importantly, it causes the person you have a disagreement with to perceive you as credible, and makes them more willing to listen to what you have to say.

Remaining calm while the other person is exploding in rage isn’t a skill most people are born with.

Learn the skill.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 8:26pm On Mar 03
It is wise to make people perceive you are happier than you are.

Hide your displeasure, fake your contentment. At least hide your displeasure.

When people perceive you are happy they view you as likeable, when people perceive you are unhappy they view you as dislikable.

Making people perceive you as likeable is critical since it makes them more inclined to help you and less inclined to harm you.

Being likeable is a conflict avoidance strategy.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 9:01pm On Mar 03
Conceal Your Cunning:

People foolishly conflating cunning with evil has some practical consequences. If people perceive that you are cunning; that you read body language, vocal tonality, and personalities accurately, and put conscious effort into charming people, they will view you as evil. At best they will distrust you, at worst they will both dislike and distrust you.

As such you must be cunning, while at the same time appear to be just as naïve as the average person.

Never out-loud give an in depth analysis of a social situation, or someone’s personality. It causes people to perceive that you are cunning and evil, rather than impressive. This may sound obvious, yet many otherwise intelligent men shoot themselves in the foot by doing this, thinking it will cause people to view them as competent.

The game is to be sold, not to be told. If you practice cunning you will succeed, if you talk about cunning you will fail.

Use manipulative tactics to charm and persuade people, but never talk about the tactics you use; doing so causes people to view you as a monster.

Use manipulative tactics to seduce women, but never talk about the psychology surrounding seduction with women; doing so causes the women too dumb to understand what you’re saying to think you are weird, while the minority of women who are smart enough to understand what you’re saying view you as evil.

NEVER REVEAL YOUR SOURCE OF POWER

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 6:23am On Mar 04
If you've gotten this far with me, congratulations, you should be seeing the world a bit differently by now. Let me inform you, it gets more deeper from here. Always be open-minded and never stop learning.

Move with me!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by SweetVibe: 7:02am On Mar 04
TheUndercover:
If you've gotten this far with me, congratulations, you should be seeing the world a bit differently by now. Let me inform you, it gets more deeper from here. Always be open-minded and never stop learning.

Move with me!
I read about the Law of Detachment in a book last year, it talks about never emotionally attaching yourself to any person, cause or thing in general but to be neutral in your heart.
Can you elaborate on this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 9:57am On Mar 04
SweetVibe:

I read about the Law of Detachment in a book last year, it talks about never emotionally attaching yourself to any person, cause or thing in general but to be neutral in your heart.
Can you elaborate on this?
I haven't read the book but I think I understand what you mean.

Emotional detachment is an inability or unwillingness to connect with other people on an emotional level. For some people, being emotionally detached helps protect them from unwanted drama, anxiety, or stress.

For others, the detachment isn’t always voluntary. It’s instead the result of events that make the person unable to be open and honest about their emotions.

If you attach too much emotions to anything, you will feel needy towards that thing or someone, and if anything goes wrong, it will hurt you deeply. Don't invest too much of emotions into something that offers you no benefits, and most importantly, don't invest too much emotions to a girl you're in a relationship with, if you do, you'll find it hard to move on if the girl hurt you.

One thing about emotions is that, it makes us make unnecessary decisions we won't have made when we are emotionless i.e. logical. As a man you have to control yourself when you're emotional whether happy, sad, angry, excited etcetera.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by SweetVibe: 10:29am On Mar 04
TheUndercover:

I haven't read the book but I think I understand what you mean.

Emotional detachment is an inability or unwillingness to connect with other people on an emotional level. For some people, being emotionally detached helps protect them from unwanted drama, anxiety, or stress.

For others, the detachment isn’t always voluntary. It’s instead the result of events that make the person unable to be open and honest about their emotions.

If you attach too much emotions to anything, you will feel needy towards that thing or someone, and if anything goes wrong, it will hurt you deeply. Don't invest too much of emotions into something that offers you no benefits, and most importantly, don't invest too much emotions to a girl you're in a relationship with, if you do, you'll find it hard to move on if the girl hurt you.

One thing about emotions is that, it makes us make unnecessary decisions we won't have made when we are emotionless i.e. logical. As a man you have to control yourself when you're emotional whether happy, sad, angry, excited etcetera.
Wao, I so much appreciate. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by crystalmoon(m): 11:50am On Mar 04
?

1 Like

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by kingvomlotus12: 12:24pm On Mar 04
TheUndercover:

Move with me!
ride on
Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 12:55pm On Mar 04
Please I noticed this thread was moved from Romance to the Business Section, how can I get it back to the Romance Section?

1 Like

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by SmellingAnus(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04
TheUndercover:
The fewer words you need to explain, the likelier you are believed.

The more words you use, the less they’ll like what you say.

Misdirection: if they say a lot of words without communicating a bottom line, they’re deceiving you.
True... Like V said in mafia manager... IF YOU MUST LIE, BE BRIEF...

Keep up the good work here... The first time I read the book Mafia Manger, I realized I was reading about myself ... In all, everyone must know how to add and minus some of these words you have written to be more effective in our current realities...

9 Likes

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 3:28pm On Mar 04
If you do someone a favor, but you do it grudgingly or with complaining, they won’t feel that you have done them a favor. They will feel annoyed.

Either grant the favor graciously or refuse as politely as possible. Granting a favor grudgingly, or refusing rudely, is foolishness; you are making enemies unnecessarily.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Phase 1 - Machiavellian Tactics (Life Lessons You Must Know) by TheUndercover: 3:32pm On Mar 04
“If you dislike a man, do your best to hide it. In ways you could not possibly foresee you may need his help, and you can hardly get it if he knows you dislike him.

On many occasions I needed the help of a man who I despised, and he believing that I liked him, or at least being unaware of the truth, served me readily.” -Francesco Guicciardini

A critical part of charm is this; maintain the pretense that you like every person you meet. If you dislike someone, hide it. Never express a dislike of someone or anger towards someone, unless you have something to gain by doing so. Stroking your ego or venting your anger does not qualify as ‘something to gain’.

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Business To Start With 2 Million / A Millionaire At 29, That’s Five Years Late! / Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.