Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Redmi 9T Unboxing And Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi 9T Unboxing And Review (912 Views)

Redmi Note 9T Unboxing And Review – 5G On A Budget | Dimensity 800U / Redmi 9T Unboxing And Review / Xiaomi Mi 9T Unboxing And Giveaway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Redmi 9T Unboxing And Review by Valorreviews(m): 9:05am On Feb 21, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsW99yAIB6I

Hello over there, welcome to valor reviews. In this video, I will be reviewing the Redmi 9T. It is a super affordable smartphone with a 6,000 mAh battery. It has a 1080P display, snapdragon 662 Processor, 4GB. This smartphone on paper seems like a good budget smartphone to buy but like everything in life, it does have some shortcomings. Compromises were made to keep the price of this smartphone low and in this video, I am going to let you know the good, the bad, and the ugly aspects of the Redmi 9t so dont click off or skip this video.

Unboxing

Starting with the Unboxing experience, you get the smartphone and I love this blue color. It also comes in red, black and green. Moving to the front, Something you might not notice right away is the display of the Redmi 9t has a film screen protector already installed on it. Back to the box that keeps trolling Huawei, you will find a 22.5 watts fast charger, a USB type c cable, a TPU Case, sim removal tool, and manuals we dont need or read. The Redmi 9t is a bit slippy and I will recommend you use the TPU case as it gives a bit of grip. It is a perfect fit and should protect this smartphone from occasional drops.

Build Quality & External Features

The redmi 9t is a strong, light smartphone. For a smartphone packing a huge 6,000 mAh battery, it doesn’t feel heavy. The rear and frame, are made from plastic, making this smartphone durable. The front is protected with Corning gorilla 3 which helps a bit with preventing your screen from being scratched. Over-all, it is a good-looking smartphone even with the giant redmi branding at the rear. it is also durable but Is it water-resistant, well no.
But it can chill in water for a bit and survive so you dont have to worry too much if your smartphone drops in a bowl of water. For the external features, Redmi 9t comes with a dual nano sim card tray and a memory card slot. At the top is where you will find the noise-canceling mic, a 3.5mm audio jack, it has dual speakers and this is one of the speakers, it also comes with an IR blaster to control appliances like your TV or Air conditioner.
The right side is where you will find the volume and the power buttons. The power button doubles as the fingerprint scanner and it unlocks the smartphone at a fair speed. Moving to the bottom, you will find the mic, the USB type C port, and the 2nd speaker.
Speaking about the dual stereo speakers, they are decent. Not as loud as the Poco X3 NFC but it isn’t far off and they sound really good, no complaints here.

Display

Remember I said the Redmi 9t has some shortcomings, well the display is one of them. The Display is a 6.53 inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1080 X 2340 pixels. With 400nits of brightness, It isn’t a bright display. Outdoor visibility under direct sunlight isn’t that great, it is useable but you would struggle. Brightness isn’t the only issue with this display, the display is not as contrasty, vibrant, or as bright as the redmi note 9s. This Display reminds me of the Redmi 9 and if you have seen the review of that smartphone, you’ll know a lot of reviewers didn’t like the display. With other brands using a 720P display around the price point of the redmi 9t, you still have to give it to Xiaomi. It might not be the best IPS LCD but it is better than most 720P IPS LCD get from brands like hmm …...

Performance

Moving on to performance, the Redmi 9t comes with the snapdragon 662 chipset, it is an 11nm processor and the speed and responsiveness of this smartphone are good for a budget smartphone. Scrolling within the user interface is fluid. I’ll recommend you activate developer mode and reduce animation to 0.5X for snappier transitions. Antutu benchmark score for this device is 179k which isn’t bad. I will be comparing this smartphone with the TECNO Pova which has a Mediatek Helio G80 and probably the Xiaomi MiA3 with the Snapdragon 665 Processor. Let me know in the comment section which comparison you want to see first. For the Geek bench test, it got a single-core score of 317 and a multi-core score of 1,241.

Multi-tasking with this smartphone is decent as it comes with 4GB of RAM. Xiaomi is known for being aggressive with RAM management, it closes apps in the background to save a bit of battery and to improve performance. Redmi 9t runs on android 10 with miui 12.0.4. It has been stable and reliable. I used it as my daily driver and I didn’t have any issue.

For games, playing titles like PUBG was ok thanks to the Adreno 610 GPU. it ran the game at balanced graphics and medium frame rate. The gameplay was ok not as fluid as I would have liked it but it is still playable. For the best gaming experience on PUBG, I would recommend you put the graphics settings at smooth graphics and a high frame rate. Call of duty played well, Redmi 9t ran the game at the highest settings, and gameplay was as smooth as butter. After gaming for a bit, the smartphone did a little bit warm around the camera area but overall the Redmi 9T is a decent budget smartphone you can game on. Also, the dual stereo speakers are just amazing when it comes to gaming. It makes gaming more immersive.

Cameras

This is another area where the Redmi 9t falls short. The front-facing camera is an 8MP F2.1 sensor and in good lighting conditions, it takes very good pictures. I was facing the sun when I took this picture but in average lighting conditions, well, I am not a fan of the quality of the pictures it produces. Bokeh shots look very good in good lighting conditions and ok in medium lighting conditions. You can also adjust the amount of blur you want before you snap a picture, sadly it doesn’t give you a preview of how the blur would look like. The front camera doesn’t have a dedicated flash led, it uses the display as the light source and it captures ok night phones.

The rear cameras, actually capture good images. I am really pleased with the 48MP rear camera. Bokeh shots look good, 2MP macro camera is ok considering the price of this device. 8MP ultra wife camera is ok.

BATTERY

The Redmi 9t comes with a 6,000 mAh battery and it is capable of doing 18 watts fast charging although it comes with a 22 watts fast charger in the box. Charging this device from 0-100% took 3 hours 7mins.

On a full charge, you should expect to get around 2-3days of usage. Good luck trying to kill this smartphone in one day. I will be doing a battery drain test when I compare the Redmi 9t with the TECNO Pova so subscribe to this channel and turn on all notifications if you dont want to miss that video.

Conclusion

To wrap this review up, Redmi 9T goes for N76,700 or $174 for the 128GB internal storage option and N71,200 or $163 for the 64GB internal storage option. if you are going to buy this smartphone you should go for the larger storage option.

This smartphone is durable, the display isn’t as contrasty or as vibrant as other IPS LCDs, Performance is ok but I suspect you get better performance with a smartphone with a mediatek Helio G80 processor I will be doing a comparison to verify so subscribe if you dont want to miss out on that video.

The cameras are ok in good lighting conditions and the battery is the main selling point of this smartphone. Do I recommend you buy this smartphone, yes? but if you can afford the Redmi note 9s please do.

Thank you for taking the time to read this article.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean Iphone 8 Plus 64GB Available For Sale - *SOLD* / Rugged And Addictive Memories From Old School Phones / Infinix Zero Ultra Water Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.