Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

How I Got Scammed By Google! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How I Got Scammed By Google! (1430 Views)

Were You Affected By Google Penguin 2.1 Update On October 4? / Got A Mail, Dealfish Is Closing Down, Wow! Did They Go Bankrupt By Google Advs. / Scammed By A "Nairalander" Andrew Siony John (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Scammed By Google! by vigi(m): 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2007
just when i was counting the days to asking for my adsense revenue from google, they pulled a fast one, YOUR ADSENSE ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DISABLED. for reasons i still dont know. if they know they arent going to pay why not just ask that we put their ads free as our service to the progress of web services.
does anyone know how to get ones account reactivated
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by niyyie(m): 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2007
They'd certainly have a genuine reason for disabling your Adsense account. Contact their Customer Support, if they did not include the reason in the message they sent you. Good luck with that.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by Seun(m): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2007
Despite all the warnings, you decided to click on your own ads.
And now you're complaining because you got caught. Nigerians!
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by topetope(m): 6:52am On Aug 28, 2007
@Seun,
u cant just pickup ur keyboard and type whatever u like.
u may be the owner of this forum but u dont have the right to talk to pple rudely.

i hav a friend with similar problem.he just concluded a seminar that pumped the traffic to his site there but increasing his hits.
His account was also disabled by google.that i knw he didnt sit to start clicking.

so Seun what would u say abput that.
Ur forum is large so no one would raise an eyebrow but not about others just coming up.

abeg o.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by timmy(m): 8:07am On Aug 28, 2007
@topetope, and you think youve made a point *hiss  tongue
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by topetope(m): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2007
@timmy,

fan club member,u are open to ur opinions.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by Seun(m): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2007
The vast majority of those who are banned are guilty, but some of them are not. If you're innocent, I'm sorry!
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by Seun(m): 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2007
If you're innocent, then you must desist from abusing them. Just beg them, and explain what really happened.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by Sacarsity(m): 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2007
But Seun, how would they know you are clicking at your own adsense.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by Seun(m): 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2007
Hehe. They don't disclose their methods, but it must involve IP addresses, cookies, and public proxies. wink
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by Sacarsity(m): 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2007
so it is wrong for people to use your system to click on your ad angry
Thats dangerious taking into consideration that some of us run cybercafe angry
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by Seun(m): 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2007
Yeah. If a lot of people click your ads from your cyber-cafe, how can Google be sure that it's legit?
If you're a good programmer, you can instruct your server to hide google ads from your cafe users.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by tundewoods(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2007
How i got scammed by Google !

Your screaming headline really attracted my attention and i was a bit dumbfounded when i saw the thread topic.

My brother your alarm is un called for,you and i know deep down inside that you may have at a time or another tried to commit click fraud,as seun rightly put it.

It really takes a very popular and regularly visited website like Nairaland to may the real bucks from google adsense.
Its simply funny to vex your annoyance of your disabled account as a scam.I'm sure Google wont take you that serious ethier.

Please can i visit the url of the website(s) that had the google adsense grin

Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by topetope(m): 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2007
Its not fair to mock the pal.

No lele sha,sorry o.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by niyyie(m): 2:03am On Oct 11, 2007
Vigi, how did your issue with Google go?
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by my2cents(m): 9:10am On Oct 11, 2007
vigi,

Though I am not saying they are above deceit (after all, humans run the place and we humans are inherently evil), I beg to differ. Google is worth billions and the subject of every lawsuit known to man. I suspect 1 of 2 things:

1) You have knowingly violated a rule or two, and/or
2) You did not read the "fine print" and as such inadvertently are a victim of #1 above.

There is no smoke without a fire. A toad doesn't jump around in the daylight for no reason. If you see an old woman running around in the village, she is either looking for her grand child or her snuff bottle is missing.

Look within. If you are absolutely sure you aren't fault, then contact them. I am sure they won't hesitate to let you know. As I said, you could have a potential lawsuit on your hands and I am sure they don't want that.

As always, my 2 cents.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2007
oh really sorry,
i got disabled some time ago, but with concrete data and info i was reconnected back.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by Seun(m): 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2007
As I said, you could have a potential lawsuit on your hands and I am sure they don't want that.
Don't make me laugh. Potential lawsuit my foot. You'd better beg your way back into the program!
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by rufaai(m): 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2007
Nice thread grin Hope google will not do thesame to me! I will be into adsense soon!
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by akanze: 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2007
The reason is probab because you were clicking on it by youeself.

Google knows when you do that, they will not penalize you initially, but they will wait until when you are about to cash out, then your account will be terminated.

Let this be a warning to you though.

You can try again. TThey will still accept you.

Good luck.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by lagoshost(m): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2007
Dear Sorry,

I will suggest that you just go and open anotherone with another email address as The Great G will not listen to you.

Bless you.
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by buzzgonz(m): 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2007
. . lol Great G indeed cool
Re: How I Got Scammed By Google! by akinalabi(m): 1:34am On Oct 21, 2007
Google is very strict when it comes to this issue. You
know the money they pay out comes from advertisers
like some of us so they have a duty to protect us.

While doing this, they ban a some innocent people. Try
and state your case and hope for the best.

If they don't accept your case, there are 2 things you
can do.

1. Find an alternative to monetizing the traffic on your
website. You can sell your own products

2. This is a bit unethical though. Use a different name
and address to open a fresh account. You can't use
the adsense codes on the site you got banned initially.

All the best.

Akin Alabi

(1) (Reply)

Using Bulk SMS As An Effective Marketing Strategy For Your Business / Download For Free ABS – Reese Shapiro -binary Option Money Making Private Method / Top 3 Webhosting Companies In Nigeria: Review, Specs And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.