Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

How AFIDE Put A Smile On Mama Alalubusa's Face — The AFIDE Story Episode 1 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How AFIDE Put A Smile On Mama Alalubusa's Face — The AFIDE Story Episode 1 (357 Views)

Financial Inclusion Of Daily Earners — The AFIDE Story / The AFIDE Story — The Narrative / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How AFIDE Put A Smile On Mama Alalubusa's Face — The AFIDE Story Episode 1 by Inuayo007: 10:23am On Feb 22, 2021
HOW AFIDE PUT A SMILE ON MAMA ALALUBUSA’S FACE.
The AFIDE Story

Financial security is crucial to entrepreneurship as it is a determinant that keeps an entrepreneur in and out of business, therefore, entrepreneurs such as daily earners try as much as possible to secure their finance as they entrust their daily earnings into thrift which has overtime being their trusted means of savings. However, this medium is barely beneficial as it is a ‘’collect-what-you-saved’’ model which comes with little or less benefits more so, the thrift collector gets entitled to at least 1% of the whole savings which leaves them at a little loss. Furthermore, financial security is far beyond mere daily savings, in its real sense, it should come in a dimension that secures the business of the entrepreneur in all sphere. Dimension such as profits from daily savings, insurance (term insurance which covers for life and accident) and opportunities to loan acquisition.

As a way of creating an avenue that secures the business of daily earners through their finance, FarmKonnect Nigeria – a social enterprise and the first Agricultural Real Estate in Nigeria that keyed into the sustainable development goals to promote food security and sustainable Agricultural practices in Africa has established a subsidiary tagged AFIDE – an acronym for Agricultural and Financial Inclusion of Daily Earners; an organization that aims at improving lives and conditions of daily earners as they put their daily earnings into agriculture while they make profits and their contributions creates an avenue for them to benefit from life and health insurance that covers for accident as well as the financial security to acquire loans from Banks in partnership with AFIDE under the supervision of FarmKonnect Nigeria that provides them corporate guarantee.

Financial security is very essential in trade business and it is important that Mama Alalubosa’s business improves and becomes very much sustainable as well as lucrative in other to better her standard of living. Here is Mama Alalubosa (Onion seller) sharing her testimonial about AFIDE – how the project help moved her business from the roadside to a convenient store in Bodija Market, Ibadan. In the middle of 2019, Mama Alalubosa encountered the AFIDE team (which was previously The Basal Plan Team – the test running phase of the AFIDE project). She was informed about the essence and lucrativeness of the project and how she can be a major beneficiary, consequently, she subscribed to The Basal 360 package which is a consistent daily contribution for a year with a juicy 25% profit that features Term Insurance which is life and medical health insurance that covers for accident. Meanwhile, Mama Alalubosa’s funds have been included into the Agricultural system as it is contributing immensely to food security and nutrition through large scale Agriculture – Controlled Environmental Farming, Open Field Irrigated Farming and Environmentally Controlled Poultry which is engineered by FarmKonnect Nigeria.

A year down the line, Mama Alalubosa’s cooperative partnership with AFIDE has yielded and it is time for her to receive her earnings, in the meantime, Mama Alalubosa needed to move from the risky roadside to a more convenient place, however, she needed money and more goods to fulfil her heart desire, after a serious helter-skelter from the poor woman, she then remember that she had a saving plan with AFIDE, so she contacted The AFIDE Team via the phone and she was like ‘’AFIDE, owo mi nko’’ ( which means, AFIDE, where’s my money?), ‘’Ema shey iyonu ma, owo wa pelu wa, patakijulo, owo yi ti di gorboi’’ (this means, don’t you worry ma, your money is with us and most importantly, it has really yielded’’). Immediately, that laced an uncontrollable smile on the face of Mama Alalubosa, she couldn’t wait for the next day to come before coming for her money as she was second to the Functionality Officer that opened the Office.

Consequently, she got her money manually as opposed to digital transfer of funds that she ought to get as she preferred to be paid in cash. The AFIDE Public Relation Team interviewed her and couldn’t help but just smile profusely at the cause of the interview; of course, money answereth all, including the silent prayers of Mama Alalubosa.
AFIDE is indeed a cooperative model that helps to better the standard of living of daily earners through the inclusion of their funds in the national economy via agriculture in other to achieve food security and zero hunger while they earn sustainable income from modern day agriculture concocted by FarmKonnect Nigeria.

#NaWeGetAm

1 Like

Re: How AFIDE Put A Smile On Mama Alalubusa's Face — The AFIDE Story Episode 1 by VMpi744: 9:42am On Apr 07, 2021
Kindly avoid FarmKonnect.

They have been delaying payouts.
Re: How AFIDE Put A Smile On Mama Alalubusa's Face — The AFIDE Story Episode 1 by Adewaleatanda12: 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2021
VMpi744:
Kindly avoid FarmKonnect.

They have been delaying payouts.

I do not think your claims are valid, as a farmkonnect subscriber, i was paid a week after my due date and i recieved a mail to this effect. Quite surprised to see this here. Have you tried to contact them because i find it quite hard to believe.
Re: How AFIDE Put A Smile On Mama Alalubusa's Face — The AFIDE Story Episode 1 by VMpi744: 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2021
Will you pls keep kwaet!

who asked you to believe?

Abeg don't let me start with you o

Adewaleatanda12:

I do not think your claims are valid, as a farmkonnect subscriber, i was paid a week after my due date and i recieved a mail to this effect. Quite surprised to see this here. Have you tried to contact them because i find it quite hard to believe.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Our Cashew Testa For Your Animal Feeds At A Cheap Price / Broiler Meat Production / Semi Completed 25,000 Poultry Farm For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.