|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,670,090 members, 6,277,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 May 2021 at 08:08 PM
|The Reprobate Mind And His Folly - The Last Church (Part 20) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 22|
2 Tim 3:8-9 kjv - "Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was."
1. People take the truth and twist it to fit their agenda, to appeal to the flesh.
2. No authenticity of truth at all. They comfort people in their sins. The church of today is the doctrine of Balaam. Bless us for doing wrong, but don’t tell us about our sins.
3. A counterfeit. They exchange the truth for a lie. They replace the right things with evil.
4. No value of what their faith is. Eg: works for salvation.
5. Reprobate is a mindset.
6. If you have a problem, why not take it to the Lord in prayer, instead of going on social media or to a friend. The Lord calls that a reprobate because that’s not how He does things.
7. A reprobate is a mind that doesn’t think like God.
8. The disciples were first called Christians in Acts 11. The key word there is not Christian, but disciples. There ought to be some discipline in your life.
9. Why not look at yourself to see if there is something in you that does not please God instead of looking at someone else. You think God is interested in your opinion about someone else? You think you’ve risen to the level to have the ability to see in someone else what God sees? The thing about the Pharisees is that they were busy talking about other people.
10. (Titus 1:8-16 kjv) Nothing in their works represent what a Christian ought to be.
11. Nothing they do lines up with God’s word, nor their thinking to God’s thinking.
12. Have you ever asked yourself..what if I’m preaching to a congregation full of me? What if I’m married to me?
13. The sermons during the Nazi will shock you. They weren’t preaching about the govt or politicians, they were preaching about the coming of the Lord.
14. Reprobate: Not coming up to standard. Your walk don’t match your talk. A reprobate silver (Jer 6 kjv).
15. These men in vs (2 Tim 3:2-5 kjv) are likened to Jannes and Jambres, Pharaoh’s evil magicians, witchcraft, etc... This is Christians of today.
16. The shall proceed no further because their fellowship with the Lord is done.
17. Their folly shall be manifest unto all men. The Lord will expose them as Jannes and Jambres were exposed. It might not be here in this world. It might be at the Judgement seat of Christ or the great white throne judgement.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37