Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,674 members, 7,827,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. (630 Views)

My Plot Of Land In Lagos For 6 Million Naira Only / Am Selling My Plot At Greenland Garden Extension Abara Etche LGA In River State / How Much Doest One Need To Do Foundation Of 3bedroom Flat In Sango Otta. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. by cuddling44(f): 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2021
Evening fellow nairalanders.. pls am at cross road and I need expert and mature advice..
I bought two plots of land in ilorin around November 2020. .I did beacons at d 4 edges with 1hundred blocks. I av my documents. But d seller played a fast one on me by giving me 50 by 150 measurement which is 1 and half plot. I never new untill i got to lagos where I live, but i called d seller and told him.. with his response I knew he has spent d money and not ready to give me another half plot (but I warned him dat av leave d matter to go but he shouldn't misbehave with d 1 and half plot ooo) buh all dis omo onile stories am having doubt cos am far back in lagos and i don't want stories dat touches again.To do d fence with gates will cost like 800k.. my husband said we can do foundation but i think doing foundation isn't a good idea cos we plan to build gradually due to our funds income. If we do d foundation now and abandone it.. we will spend more money renovating d foundation again.
(1) d location is still a new site with bushes and few houses
(2) we are not planning to live dere immediately due to our work
(3)av seen abandoned foundation getting bad due to been abandoned over years
(4)my immediate neighbours just roofed his house but dat does not guarantee my plots is safe.. even tho he nows am his neighbour
(5) is survey necessary before d fencing
(6) should i do d fence and leave for like 3years to b able to gather money start proper foundation dat won't b abandoned.
NOTE ...d plot is at a corner piece of d road.. which is good for my mini mart i intend opening in years to come.

Thanks alot grin cool
Re: Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. by Omihanifa: 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2021
If you have money do both. But if you don't have the resources for both fence and foundation, I will advice you to do foundation then use zinc to form a fence around the land .

And most importantly try and drop like two tipper loads of this rocks in front of the land.(Entrance)
Then you can remove it when you are ready to start building

1 Like

Re: Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. by cuddling44(f): 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
Omihanifa:
If you have money do both. But if you don't have the resources for both fence and foundation, I will advice you to do foundation then use zinc to form a fence around the land .

Thanks sir... is just a 3bedroom we intend building on d one plot d otherhalf is for d mini marta.. sir and we don't av enuf cash for both.. using zinc is money sir don't u think someone will come removing it one by one.. some people even roof their house with normal pan.
Re: Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. by Omihanifa: 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2021
cuddling44:

Thanks sir... is just a 3bedroom we intend building on d one plot d otherhalf is for d mini marta.. sir and we don't av enuf cash for both.. using zinc is money sir don't u think someone will come removing it one by one.. some people even roof their house with normal pan.

No be brand new zinc you go buy nah undecided

Go to all these pantaker and buy used ones to just do the fence
Re: Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. by cuddling44(f): 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2021
And most importantly try and drop like two tipper loads of this rocks in front of the land.(Entrance)
Then you can remove it when you are ready to start building [/quote]
Noted... buh what is d significance of dat pls
Re: Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. by cuddling44(f): 8:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
Omihanifa:

Then you can remove it when you are ready to start building
Noted.. pls wats d significance of rock at d entrance.. am here to learn pls
Re: Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. by mixratio(m): 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2021
it is only land that secured that you can build on. So I advise you to fence the plot, maybe 4 or 5 courses.
Another option is to plant trees along the perimeter of your plot if you don't have money for fencing.

In order to know how to plan your cash flow, you need an idea of the total cost of the project, to do this you need a design from an architect, depending on the design, you may or may not need a structural Engr.

Then a quantity surveyor will cost. With a cost in hand, you can now begin to plan.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. by cuddling44(f): 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
mixratio:
it is only land that secured that you can build on. So I advise you to fence the plot, maybe 4 or 5 courses.
Another option is to plant trees along the perimeter of your plot if you don't have money for fencing.

In order to know how to plan your cash flow, you need an idea of the total cost of the project, to do this you need a design from an architect, depending on the design, you may or may not need a structural Engr.

Then a quantity surveyor will cost. With a cost in hand, you can now begin to plan.

Thanks.... due to wat d baba onile has done i don't trust him again..
Re: Trying To Safe Guard My Plot Of Land....should I Fence Or Do Foundation.. by Shellsploit: 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2021
Omo onile sef...

(1) (Reply)

Short Let Apartment At Ikeja Gra Lagos / Please I / New Lagoon Front Estate In Epe - Still On Pre Launch Price : Grab Yours Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.