Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,548 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. (1837 Views)

Akinwunmi Ambode At His Polling Booth / Breaking News: Jaonathan Loses At Aso-rock Polling Boot / Two Arrested With N1M At Ondo Polling Booth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Jarus(m): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2011
This is confirmed in an exchange I had from the editor of a popular newspaper now. He also confirmed CPC won at Aso rock polling booth.

This is very surprising and interesting. Who can believe that Obasanjo can lose? Jega is doing a great job, for the first time, election is counting in Nigeria.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by TNUBU4LIFE: 9:40pm On Apr 09, 2011
cos of ur obsession with your indecent partisanship in promoting BB,you just couldnt own up to decently credit the ACN to be responsible for iyabo,bankole and omisore's loss.shiorr.
with more of you as umpires,fair election is gone!history wont be kind to people who use their privilege position to promote partisanship.

vote ribadu 2011
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by fstranger3(m): 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
Jarus and his love for Hausa men.

If he is not exalting Sanusi, it would be JEGA or any other Hausa man in power.

Ok I agree. Hausa people can do some stuffs.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by onyengbu: 10:00pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^^ tot he is from kwara.
Arent they all like the same thing?
Lol.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by fstranger3(m): 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

^^^ tot he is from kwara.
Arent they all like the same thing?
Lol.

I have a feeling he has an Hausa blood in his family line, hence, the need to feel human and capable.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by ektbear: 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

I have a feeling he has an Hausa blood in his family line, hence, the need to feel human and capable.

He is from Offa, and thus most likely a pure Yoruba man.

I dunno why he is so biased for the North though. Very strange. It isn't even going to be politically wise over the next few years, with the diminished influence of the core North.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by fstranger3(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
His father is from Offa, we know little to nothing about his mom. She may be Hausa, who knows!
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by ektbear: 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2011
^-- Whether his mom is Hausa, Fulani, or from Zimbabwe, Offa town has struggled against the Ilorin Emirate since the 1800s (go read up on its history on Jstor), and likely views itself more as SW than "North."

Jarus really has no justification for playing these games. Loyalty to Kwara is fine. But after that, a man from Offa should be more loyal to the SW than Sokoto. There will come a time in this Nigeria when every man must pick a side. . . no more of these Yoruba who want to have their cake and eat it.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Jarus(m): 10:20pm On Apr 09, 2011
I'm a detribalized Nigerian. I don't care where you come from. The reason I defend some good northerners is that I hate the widespread belief that nothing good can come from a northerner. That is the mindset of many Nigerians, and I find that disgusting. I believe good men can come from anywhere. I also admire good men from the south(Fashola, Amaechi, Fola Adeola etc).

I'm a pure Yoruba, half-Kwara, half-Osun.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by AljUche: 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2011
Jarus:

I'm a detribalized Nigerian. I don't care where you come from. The reason I defend some good northerners is that I hate the widespread belief that nothing good can come from a northerner. That is the mindset of many Nigerians, and I find that disgusting. I believe good men can come from anywhere. I also admire good men from the south(Fashola, Amaechi, Fola Adeola etc).

thank u jarus

we should drink together sumtime, offa man smiley
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Jarus(m): 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
Eku bear, you fall my hand o.
So you endorse tribal politics? I'm not a politician, but if I'll go into politics, I'll never play the regional card. Vote for me because I'm capable not because I'm a northerner or southerner, Hausa or Yoruba.

Meanwhile, you're very right that Offa people go where SW, and not North, goes, right from First Republic. I have written extensively on this. Google my articles: 'Offa: A recipe for sustainable development' and 'Offa: History beckons'
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by fstranger3(m): 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2011
Jarus:

I'm a[b] detribalized[/b] Nigerian.

In American and British English, "detribalize" is a verb used condescendingly to imply that "culturally superior" Europeans have caused a people to lose their "savage" cultural identities. In other words, to detribalize a person or a people is to Europeanize or westernize them. It is to make them lose their language, their customs, their mores—generally things that make them "primitive" by European standards. Is this what you mean Jarus?  

I am not sure what being detribalized has got to de with the points raised by Ekt Bear and I. undecided

I don't care where you come from. The reason I defend some good northerners is that I hate the widespread belief that nothing good can come from a northerner. That is the mindset of many Nigerians, and I find that disgusting. I believe good men can come from anywhere. I also admire good men from the south(Fashola, Amaechi, Fola Adeola etc).

I doubt that! The fact remains that academically, and to some extent, intellectually, they lag behind the south. One or two superstars from the North wont erase those widely accepted perceptions

Would you have preferred to be a Northerner?
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
@jarus

I am a Yoruba man from Abeokuta. I don't know why most of my fellow Yorubas are so religiuosly and ethnically naive when they talk about my fellow Nothern Nigerians. Have they forgotten Obasanjo, a southerner was there for eight years and stole a lot. Most Hausa people are great people. I lived with them before and I trust them so much, especially when they are educated. An Hausa man in position of power will let you prosper than a Yoruba man in power. Fact!
Hausas do not like to cheat people! An Hausa man would not let an hungry man go to bed hungry. I know them to be forthright people.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by jason123: 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2011
Jarus:

So you endorse tribal politics? I'm not a politician, but if I'll go into politics, I'll never play the regional card. Vote for me because I'm capable not because I'm a northerner or southerner, Hausa or Yoruba.

Meanwhile, you're very right that Offa people go where SW, and not North, goes, right from First Republic. I have written extensively on this. Google my articles: 'Offa: A recipe for sustainable development' and 'Offa: History beckons'

Just went through your articles, I must say, It's sad indeed.

payless:

@jarus

I am a Yoruba man from Abeokuta. I don't know why most of my fellow Yorubas are so religiuosly and ethnically naive when they talk about my fellow Nothern Nigerians. Have they forgotten Obasanjo, a southerner was there for eight years and stole a lot. Most Hausa people are great people. I lived with them before and I trust them so much, especially when they are educated. An Hausa man in position of power will let you prosper than a Yoruba man in power. Fact!
Hausas do not like to cheat people! An Hausa man would not let an hungry man go to bed hungry. I know them to be forthright people.
No southerner hates hausas. Its all internet trash talks.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2011
This is not about Jega. It also says a lot about Jonathan as a man.

There is nothing wrong in loosing an election or your party loosing an election. It is to too early to say but it will be good for all of us as Nigerians including Jonathan if he can keep away from do-or-die politics.

There is no shame in loosing an election. What counts is victory for democracy.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by ektbear: 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2011
Jarus:

I am not a tribalist. But at the same time, I don't like quisling Yoruba, Yoruba 5th columnists. Men who seem to love the North more than they love their own people. Now, I'm not accusing you of that. . . I'm just saying, it is a very bad thing that must be stamped out in all parts of Yorubaland.

This is no more the 70s, 80s and 90s where such might have been necessary. All I'm saying is that fawning over Hausa and Fulani should be strongly discouraged.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by akhis: 10:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
Somebody should tell me the results in their various districts and stop this senseless argument about tribalism.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by ektbear: 10:43pm On Apr 09, 2011
akhis:

Somebody should tell me the results in their various districts and stop this senseless argument about tribalism.

Fair point. Sorry for derailing the thread.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Jarus(m): 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2011
@fstranger,
No. I'm indifferent. I don't prefer one to one. But I'm a proud Yoruba man.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Remii(m): 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

I am not a tribalist. But at the same time, I don't like quisling Yoruba, Yoruba 5th columnists. Men who seem to love the North more than they love their own people. Now, I'm not accusing you of that. . . I'm just saying, it is a very bad thing that must be stamped out in all parts of Yorubaland.

This is no more the 70s, 80s and 90s where such might have been necessary. All I'm saying is that fawning over Hausa and Fulani should be strongly discouraged.

eh eh he, even when an Hausa man is about to give you the first truly free and fair election? after Ademola, Ovie Whisky, Ani, Ephraim, Nwosu, Guobadia , Iwu and the rest? I dey laugh.

You should support who ever can deliver the goodies, you have only one life, if you allow any kind of bigotry, religious or tribal,  to mess it up you are done for.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by friedrice1: 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Jarus, how do you start a thread about sumtin, then deviate a start arguing sumtin else
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Jarus(m): 11:04pm On Apr 09, 2011
Apologies.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Dave6: 11:15pm On Apr 09, 2011
So which party candidates won in these constituencies where Iyabo and co lost?
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2011
But at the same time, I don't like quisling Yoruba, Yoruba 5th columnists. Men who seem to love the North more than they love their own people

Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Jarus(m): 11:23pm On Apr 09, 2011
Thanks Mikeansy.And I must rise beyond partisanship to commend Jonathan for appointing a credible electoral umpire. I have always said that is his only achievement.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2011
Thinking aloud. . .When did Newspaper Editors start announcing/confirming election results?

By the way, Obasanjo lost his polling booth in '99 & 2003 so this is not an ''upset''

GEJ has shown he's a man of his words and he should be commended for giving Nigerians a free and fair election.

Na this Saturday we go know how far. . . Goodluck Nigeria!!!
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by ektbear: 11:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
oyb:

Like said, I don't want to accuse anyone of this. But let's watch out for it and stamp it out.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by nduchucks: 11:59pm On Apr 09, 2011
People should not assume that these reports of losses by Iyabo, Bankole, and Omisore will still be accurate by the time we receive the official results from INEC. Don't be surprised when INEC declares Bankole and Saraki winners.

I wouldn't celebrate until the fat lady has song - it is foolhardy to overrate this election at this point in time. Having said that, I hope the early reports reflect the INEC results in a couple of days.

If PDP losses are as great as early reports are indicating, may God help us through the gubernatorial elections (more killings, bombs, desperate acts may follow).
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 10, 2011
Remii:

eh eh he, even when an Hausa man is about to give you the first truly free and fair election? after Ademola, Ovie Whisky, Ani, Ephraim, Nwosu, Guobadia , Iwu and the rest? I dey laugh.

You should support who ever can deliver the goodies, you have only one life, if you allow any kind of bigotry, religious or tribal,  to mess it up you are done for.

Its a shame you chose not to consider the presidents. . . under whose watch those former INEC chairmen messed up.

I have made it clear in the past that free and fair elections in Nigeria will have more to do with sitting presidents than their appointed INEC chairmen.
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On Apr 10, 2011
Has any Official results been announced?
Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by koruji(m): 12:36am On Apr 10, 2011
May be you were born in 1994, but the freest and fairest election so far in Nigeria was in 1993. It was not postponed or bombed out as in many places this time around.

When we say this election is free and fair, it is wrt the disastrous 2007 non-elections.

Get that straight.

Remii:

Re: Iyabo, Bankole, Omisore Gone. Cpc Won Aso Rock Polling Booth. by doja(m): 9:11am On Apr 10, 2011
@jarus

Can you please dissapoint those of us who feel you are being partisan by giving credit to the ACN for the feet achieved in Ogun state? You are the moderator of this forum for God's sake!

(1) (Reply)

Riot In Abuja / Let Us Not Waste Our Generation / 15 Shot Dead In Okigwe. Imo State Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.