Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed (803 Views)

Suggest A Dog Breed For My 12 Years Old Boy, Please / Which Dog Breed Is This / The Most Intelligent Dog Breed Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2021
Re: Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed by theecaus(m): 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2021
Why don’t you consider getting a Rottweiler! Rottweilers are not bad for first time dog owner and Your neighbor has a cauc and gsd you shouldn’t have the same too. I have beautiful Rottweiler puppies for sale in Ibadan and can be waybill to anywhere.
Faller:
I'm new to dog training. I would like to get a dog but I'm totally confused on which breed to buy.

My neighbor has both a Caucasian and a GSD and he has said he will sell the puppy of either dog to me whenever the Adult Female litters. I'm not really optimistic about this because I'm about to be a first time owner and have no prior experience....

Please which one should I get. Aside from the two breeds I'm also open to other suggestions...

P.S - For the love of God please I don't want to hear anything about Ekuke

Re: Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2021
theecaus:
Why don’t you consider getting a Rottweiler! Rottweilers are not bad for first time dog owner and Your neighbor has a cauc and gsd you shouldn’t have the same too. I have beautiful Rottweiler puppies for sale in Ibadan and can be waybill to anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a thought. How much is the puppy rott
Re: Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed by theecaus(m): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2021
You’re welcome. Give me a call anytime you’re ready 07061811680. You can also text me on WhatsApp
Faller:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a thought. How much is the puppy rott
Re: Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed by davisiyeh(m): 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2021
I won’t dare get a rott as a first time owner
But if u feel like u can handle it no problem
Re: Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2021
davisiyeh:
I won’t dare get a rott as a first time owner
But if u feel like u can handle it no problem

I did my research. Rott is not such a great idea. I've decided to stick with the GSD
Re: Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed by davisiyeh(m): 8:52am On Feb 27, 2021
Faller:

I did my research. Rott is not such a great idea. I've decided to stick with the GSD
Nice one I got a GSD as a first time too
Re: Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed by Ajimiroja: 9:41am On Feb 27, 2021
The first question you need to ask yourself is "What purpose do you want the dog to serve"
Do you need a pet or a guard dog/family dog.
If you want a pet dog I will advice you go for small breeds like Samoyed, American Eskimo dog or Chihuahua.
If you want a a family/guard dog. I will suggest you get a Boerboel or GSD.

Note
It's very important you exert your dominance and that of your family members on any dog you might end up choosing.

1 Like

Re: Need Help In Choosing A Dog Breed by SlideOut: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2023

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sell My German Shepherd / Snake I Killed This Afternoon / All About Dogs, Enquiries, Sales ,mating , Boarding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.