Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin (9091 Views)

Osanyin Worshipers Meet Here: May Osanyin Teach You Medicines Ase / Typing Amen On Facebook Picture Stories / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by amor4ce(m): 3:38am On Apr 10, 2011
When Christians pray in Yoruba, it is usually ended with Amin. However, that word is not originally Yoruba but there is a word that has been in use for ages, Ase. I am not sure of the meaning but if Ase is a direct translation of Amen I wonder why the former is avoided. Would prayers lose their potency? Any ideas?
Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 10, 2011
you need Jesus o.
Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by Amujale(m): 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
Hmm! actualy you need Orunmila imho
Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 10, 2011
^^did orunmila tell you to fixate on what christians do in their churches?

your soul is crying out for Jesus hence your obssession with all things christian.
Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by Amujale(m): 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
Hmm! fixate!? expand i dont get it.
Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by Joagbaje(m): 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
You can use Àsé for Amen. Na the same. grin

1 Like

Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by amor4ce(m): 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2011
I know I need Yeshua (not Jesus) and can testify of HIS goodness in my life. I want to be thorough in worshipping my Maker. But really, is Ase an evil word?
Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 11, 2011
has anyone on this thread said it is?
Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by Nobody: 5:33am On Apr 11, 2011
[i]Ase [/i]is usually for traditional yoruba religion. . .  means "it shall happen". [i]Amin [/i]was employed for Christianity use.

You ca use both.

1 Like

Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by amor4ce(m): 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2011
No one said it is. In order to let sleeping dogs lie, I'll try not to shout Ase in church. But if somebody else does so I'll like to know what the experience and reaction was like.
Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by Sweetnecta: 11:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Ileke Idi; « #8 on: Today at 05:33:18 AM »
[Quote]Ase is usually for traditional yoruba religion. . . means "it shall happen". Amin was employed for Christianity use.

You ca use both.[/Quote]Ase, Aribe, Amin, Olorun aagba, etc are used by yoruba muslims. Limiting the Ase or Amin to others without extending it to the muslims is simply because you do not know anything about the truth of Islam.
Re: Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin by Nobody: 4:03am On Apr 12, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Ileke Idi; « #8 on: Today at 05:33:18 AM »Ase, Aribe, Amin, Olorun aagba, etc are used by yoruba muslims. Limiting the Ase or Amin to others without extending it to the muslims is simply because you do not know anything about the truth of Islam.

[i]Ase [/i]is a muslim phrase? Since when?

(1) (Reply)

Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers / Your Eyes Your Mind!! Your Mind Your Eyes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.