Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married (1759 Views)

I Regret Getting Married To The Mother Of My Triplets / 5 Nigerian Women Share Why They Regret Getting Married / I'm About To Regret Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by BigCabal: 11:33am On Feb 24, 2021
Here's what the women said: https://www.nairaland.com/6410869/5-nigerian-women-share-why

Marriage is a big deal, no doubt. A few months ago, we spoke to a few Nigerian women who regret making the decision to commit their lives to one partner. We spoke with a few Nigerian men about the same issue. Here’s what they had to say.

1. Zayn
I didn’t envisage that getting married would have me spending this much money. I’ve been married for over four years now, and from my ₦720k salary, I spend over ₦100k every single week taking care of both my nuclear family and my wife’s nuclear family. I can’t even begin to tell you how unhappy all of that makes me.

2. David
I’ve been married for less than two years, but I’m constantly looking for ways out of this marriage. My wife is never happy with me. We never even have any meaningful conversations unless I’m about to do something for her.

I’ve tried coping with the lack of affection for almost two years now, but it doesn’t seem to be ending any time soon. It also doesn’t help that she exhibits extremely poor physical hygiene; that makes it two things I’m struggling to cope with. If I had my way out of the marriage this minute, I’d take that chance.

3. Korede
I hate my wife. She makes me want to throw up. I hate how her vagina feels and I hate that she even looks at me. The only thing I like about our union is the kids. They look like me. Before we got married, she used to treat me like shit, but I assumed that after we got married, everything would change.

She was beautiful, so I just thought it’s that thing beautiful women do. The biggest mistake of my life was marrying her because she perceived the fact that I stuck with her, even when she treated me like shit, as desperation. Now, I want to step out one day and just disappear forever and start a new life, but I can’t do it because I don’t want to lose my kids. So, I guess I’m staying.

4. Chinedu
I got married at 27, but I feel like I was not thinking about myself and my future when I did it. I got married because it seemed like the right thing to do after being with my high school sweetheart for almost 10 years.

Now that we live together, everything appears normal but deep down there are so many character traits she has that I wish I could change. Maybe those character traits are not enough ground for a divorce, but they’re enough to reassess the whole essence of our marriage.

Another thing that makes me regret getting married is money. I’d totally be a baller if I had all my income to myself. But I have to share. At the end of the day though, my kids make it all worth it.

5. Mo
My wife and I have been separated for almost two years now. We dated for about five years before we got married, and at the beginning of our marriage, things went pretty well. When we started having our normal couple fights, I thought things were going to blow over, but they only got worse. The major source of my wife’s issues is her mum. My wife doesn’t have friends; the only person she’s close with is her mum. Her mum started giving her all sorts of terrible advice that only made things worse. The quarrels continued and then she started sleeping around.

Recently, she made me pay for couple’s counselling just so we can get things working for our child. Shortly before we were meant to have our first counselling session, I found out she was hopping around hotels in Lagos with a man married with three kids. I even foolishly called the guy and told him to back off my family. On the morning of our counselling session, I was at her house as early as 6:50 a.m. to pick her up. The other guy was there too. I lost my cool, and we somehow ended up at a police station where I had to sign an undertaking not to move near her or our child again — a restraining order. I can’t wrap my head around the fact that I can’t see my child. In all of this, her mum champions her on and fully and openly supports everything she does, even the sleeping around.

Before all of this, I tried to get her a car. We went to a car dealership together and I told her to pick a car but she said she wanted the cash equivalent of whatever car she picked. But it’s not as if she had any plans to stay. She was just trying to extort me.

The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I have a child with her.

Continue: https://www.zikoko.com/man/9-nigerian-men-share-why-they-regret-getting-married/
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Fahdiga(m): 11:37am On Feb 24, 2021
No marriage is perfect

1 Like

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Kingdollar28(m): 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Nawa ooh.... Things dy happen 4 inside legos ooh! e be like na unto baby-mama things sure die... These days oh!
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by fati2001(m): 2:18pm On Feb 24, 2021
BigCabal:
Here's what the women said: https://www.nairaland.com/6410869/5-nigerian-women-share-why

Marriage is a big deal, no doubt. A few months ago, we spoke to a few Nigerian women who regret making the decision to commit their lives to one partner. We spoke with a few Nigerian men about the same issue. Here’s what they had to say.

1. Zayn
I didn’t envisage that getting married would have me spending this much money. I’ve been married for over four years now, and from my ₦720k salary, I spend over ₦100k every single week taking care of both my nuclear family and my wife’s nuclear family. I can’t even begin to tell you how unhappy all of that makes me.

2. David
I’ve been married for less than two years, but I’m constantly looking for ways out of this marriage. My wife is never happy with me. We never even have any meaningful conversations unless I’m about to do something for her.

I’ve tried coping with the lack of affection for almost two years now, but it doesn’t seem to be ending any time soon. It also doesn’t help that she exhibits extremely poor physical hygiene; that makes it two things I’m struggling to cope with. If I had my way out of the marriage this minute, I’d take that chance.

3. Korede
I hate my wife. She makes me want to throw up. I hate how her vagina feels and I hate that she even looks at me. The only thing I like about our union is the kids. They look like me. Before we got married, she used to treat me like shit, but I assumed that after we got married, everything would change.

She was beautiful, so I just thought it’s that thing beautiful women do. The biggest mistake of my life was marrying her because she perceived the fact that I stuck with her, even when she treated me like shit, as desperation. Now, I want to step out one day and just disappear forever and start a new life, but I can’t do it because I don’t want to lose my kids. So, I guess I’m staying.

4. Chinedu
I got married at 27, but I feel like I was not thinking about myself and my future when I did it. I got married because it seemed like the right thing to do after being with my high school sweetheart for almost 10 years.

Now that we live together, everything appears normal but deep down there are so many character traits she has that I wish I could change. Maybe those character traits are not enough ground for a divorce, but they’re enough to reassess the whole essence of our marriage.

Another thing that makes me regret getting married is money. I’d totally be a baller if I had all my income to myself. But I have to share. At the end of the day though, my kids make it all worth it.

5. Mo
My wife and I have been separated for almost two years now. We dated for about five years before we got married, and at the beginning of our marriage, things went pretty well. When we started having our normal couple fights, I thought things were going to blow over, but they only got worse. The major source of my wife’s issues is her mum. My wife doesn’t have friends; the only person she’s close with is her mum. Her mum started giving her all sorts of terrible advice that only made things worse. The quarrels continued and then she started sleeping around.

Recently, she made me pay for couple’s counselling just so we can get things working for our child. Shortly before we were meant to have our first counselling session, I found out she was hopping around hotels in Lagos with a man married with three kids. I even foolishly called the guy and told him to back off my family. On the morning of our counselling session, I was at her house as early as 6:50 a.m. to pick her up. The other guy was there too. I lost my cool, and we somehow ended up at a police station where I had to sign an undertaking not to move near her or our child again — a restraining order. I can’t wrap my head around the fact that I can’t see my child. In all of this, her mum champions her on and fully and openly supports everything she does, even the sleeping around.

Before all of this, I tried to get her a car. We went to a car dealership together and I told her to pick a car but she said she wanted the cash equivalent of whatever car she picked. But it’s not as if she had any plans to stay. She was just trying to extort me.

The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I have a child with her.

Continue: https://www.zikoko.com/man/9-nigerian-men-share-why-they-regret-getting-married/

NOTED.

1 Like

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by lovelybugs(f): 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Ehya.
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by pozehnani(f): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Marriage has lost it's essence.
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by neztar: 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2021
I'm nervous
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
They regret it because they entered with high expectations of love and romance. A man should know why he's getting married... safe sex and children... and what it will cost him... money.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by tobechi74: 9:01pm On Feb 24, 2021
Marriage is not for everyone

1 Like

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by cococandy(f): 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2021
Korede should leave before he kills his wife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by MisterRuk(m): 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
This is why today's men need the redpill and go MGTOW.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Mandela27: 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
Fahdiga:
No marriage is perfect
How do u mean
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by josfamdl(m): 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hmmmn
May the Lord help us
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by armyofone(m): 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2021
Zayn's problem is tough - he is the atm

David's wifey hygiene problem can be solved.

Korede is planning to get lost forever grin grin grin

Chinedu, it is never greener younger - forget baller grin

Mo, I wonder if you gave her the cash equivalent ?

Marriage is teamwork and patience.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by DropsMic(m): 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
Marriage... The place love goes to die

1 Like

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Reeses: 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
Marry the right woman and you will enjoy your marriage. I am married and my wife is the best.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Uyi168: 11:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Reeses:
Marry the right woman and you will enjoy your marriage. I am married and my wife is the best.

All these mean thought they were marrying the right persons...

3 Likes

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Uyi168: 11:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
The average Nigerian we know will never call u over to come enjoy goodies with him/her.

And the fact that the married ones keep beckoning on we the singles to come over board shows all is not well with the marriage institution...

embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by 1Sharon(f): 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
cococandy:
Korede should leave before he kills his wife

grin grin
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Reeses: 11:35pm On Feb 24, 2021
Uyi168:

All these mean thought they were marrying the right persons...
Right! they all married for face and ass and reality kicks in.
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Uyi168: 11:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
Reeses:

Right! they all married for face and ass and reality kicks in.

Not entirely true though.
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Reeses: 11:52pm On Feb 24, 2021
Uyi168:

Not entirely true though.
Well i can speak for myself i am enjoying my wife and my next life i will hope to be with her or someone like her.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Uyi168: 11:54pm On Feb 24, 2021
Reeses:

Well i can speak for myself i am enjoying my wife and my next life i will hope to be with her or someone like her.
K
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Lordswazz(m): 12:30am On Feb 25, 2021
The first thing everyone should bear in mind when going into a marriage union is that there's no special medal for suffering. You shouldn't live your life suffering day after day, decade after decade, just because you want to be the "ideal" husband/wife.

People start businesses everyday with the mindset that they can walk away anytime the business stops yielding profits for them/being interesting. I wonder why they treat marriage otherwise!

3 Likes

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by cococandy(f): 12:41am On Feb 25, 2021
1Sharon:

grin grin
yes. Hate is such a strong word for someone he lives with
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by GboyegaD(m): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2021
Dem no dey share happiness ni?

Am I happy I'm married? Yes, almost all the ptimes.
Am I unhappy I'm married? Once in a while.

If I were to choose, will I want to get married again? Yes.

Am I faulting the people, no however, it is strange they are unhappy and that is their conclusion and they are remaining in the marriage.
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by BigYash: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2021
#TeamBabyMama# No be me woman wan come use dey play ludo for my own hux and with my own money.

Never!

Give me my kids,then I pay you off.

Any interested lady should DM..

WeMove!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Srallens(m): 10:25am On Feb 25, 2021
Lordswazz:
The first thing everyone should bear in mind when going into a marriage union is that there's no special medal for suffering. You shouldn't live your life suffering day after day, decade after decade, just because you want to be the "ideal" husband/wife.

People start businesses everyday with the mindset that they can walk away anytime the business stops yielding profits for them/being interesting. I wonder why they treat marriage otherwise!

Your analogy of likening marriage to a business is really a wrong one. It isn't. Homes or families can't be the same, but they can all have the same goal.... being peaceful and everyone being happy. Everyone has a responsibility in a family or home to see that happen. Efforts to see it happen can never be the same by the different families or homes based on individual differences.

Actually no one is perfect. But if we can learn to ignore and take lightly the imperfections of our partners, and she can as well return the favor, definitely the home must be a happy one. it's actually a difficult thing to do, but it's what can be done.
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by crackhaus: 11:00am On Feb 25, 2021
Wow, those ladies who were on the previous thread and had a lot to type when it was women sharing their regrets about marriage, all seem to be completely missing from here or present but don't have a whole lot to type...

Biases are a funny thing, you see .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by ImaIma1(f): 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2021
People that have no business getting married just jump into it for flimsy reasons.

For every 9 men complaining about their marriages, there are 9 others thanking God that they married right.

The result of our choices are waiting for us in front.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 25, 2021
Reeses:

Before nko, She Is the bestest. We all know what supping In the background. Nigerians motto:Suffering and Smiling. Enjoy.......
Re: 9 Nigerian Men Share Why They Regret Getting Married by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 25, 2021
Wahala for those who carry marriage for head like gala and lacasera......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Critical Reasons Never To Marry A Single Mother Ever! Stay Far Away!! / Am I To Be Blamed? My Wife And The Househelp / Man and Wife ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.