Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

How I turned a Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How I turned a Writer (323 Views)

The Diary Of A Terrorist (True Life Story Of Unimaid Student Turned BH Member) / Have you been scammed as a writer? Share your story! / 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I turned a Writer by PediakAuthor: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2021
On this same day, 2014, I was actually invited as a guest speaker by Dr. Fisse, as one of the Guest Speakers during the Fortress Business Summit, in Kurudu, Abuja, 2014.

I was given a topic, to talk-on; "ICT Skills for Youth Empowerment". Actually, back then, I did the extra mile to put the contents of my presentation together.

During the d-day, I was initially allotted 30 minutes for my presentation, but I ended-up expending 1 hour & 30 minutes. It was quite fascinating, the audience kept on saying ride-on Sir, continue!! Perhaps, due to the practicality of my ICT presentation, not just A mere theory.

From that day, my sideway career as a professional writer started after that same event, the topic was expanded & I was able to write my 1st book (containing 30 chapters, more than 300 pages, currently on Amazon & etc). For one day, I've never regretted being an Author, it also seems fascinating to be a freelance/research Writer.

People don't know something, if you want to spend 2 hours to write a content, you must have spent 2 months to read about whatever you plan to pen-down. Any body can be an Author, even you, my reader. I am not here for motivational communications.

Today, I'm boastful of 5 books within the previous 5 years, and countless freelance writing projects were successfully carried-out.

A single encounter can change a man's destiny and course of living.

Jawolusi Oluwaseun

Re: How I turned a Writer by LMS1(m): 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
Sadly We Dont Read Books, Am Sorry Op grin

1 Like

Re: How I turned a Writer by PediakAuthor: 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2021
LMS1:
Sadly We Dont Read Books,
Am Sorry Op grin
I perfectly understand you bro, naturally, Nigerian youths are not readers, I think we need to change the narratives asap...

(1) (Reply)

Bud And Ari / I Want To Buy A Fiver Or An Upwork Account. / Ihraf Releases New Anthology On Human Rights Abuse In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.