Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira (3793 Views)

Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) / Tension In Kaduna As Police And Shii'tes Clash / PHOTO: Nigerian Police To Pay N100m Compensation Over Death Of Lawyer Detainee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by Maxflame(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2006
Umhum, like you didn't know i was joking.<eyeroll> even after i put this wink
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by Jakumo(m): 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2006
I consider my life worth a good deal more than 20 or even 200 naira, so I'd fork over the cash with a genuine smile and a cheerful salutation to the guy with the assault rifle, remembering that Lagos is not and will never be London's Belgravia or Los Angeles'  Beverly Hills where the gravest risk in a police stop is a speeding ticket, as opposed to a hot steel-jacket 7.62mm Kalashnikov round in my cranium as I drive away from the check-point after failure to pay up.
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by metridim(m): 3:28am On Feb 16, 2006
Let's face reality here folks, we all are guilty of this crime. The remedy to the problem is re-orientation. Yes Re-orientatin. And unfortunately that will be difficult in our era but not impossible; at least we can start from somewhere and let future generations build on it. Our sense of value in this country needs to change. Nigerians have become very materialistic and have thrown honour and dignity to the dogs. The police is just a meagre fraction of the entire population. I agree that there own has become so open that they now see it as there right; I mean to collect these monies from drivers but don't forget that they are equally a product of the same society with you and I. You can't expect a dog to properly watch after a piece of bone when it has nothing to eat, ost especially when it's master is feasting on meat. The situation is very bad, but here's the good news "There's hope and as such, there's a future if only we resolve to be good ourselves no matter what".
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by segun06: 5:28am On Feb 17, 2006
angry.
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by Maxflame(m): 9:44am On Feb 17, 2006
That doesn't justify anything. Coz there are no jobs should all jobless dudes go into armed robbery? Coolecting 20 bucks isn't the only shit they do. I stay in S/lere and the cops there are totally not it. Arrest girls after 10 pm and have their way with em in their station and accusing em of being prostitutes. Its not hunger thats driving thoses ones.
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by kimba(m): 9:01pm On Feb 17, 2006
Do you know what? Sometimes i wish i had a snipper rifle with silent snout, stay on one of those roftops on the island and gun em down one by one. If only dreams come true.

thats too much maxflame,

for me, i wont want a rifle, i would prefer a camera, to capture events in real-time , then maybe i could get some remote loc where i could be preparing my report, then maybe i could get a TV station to broadcast, what a nice movie,
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by Maxflame(m): 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2006
cheesy can i shoot them then? wink
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by kelvinO(m): 8:07pm On Feb 18, 2006
who are the police? what ever we see them do is what we've built in them. we all want a shot-cut don't we?
so face the music
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by Maxflame(m): 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2006
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by Jakumo(m): 7:19am On Feb 19, 2006
Kevin O, Sharp-shooter Maxflame has evidently taken your advice on "facing the music" to heart.
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by metridim(m): 11:34am On Feb 20, 2006
If that's the kind of music we'll face then there's no cause for alarm. I could face such music all day long and still not complain. About the issue of harrassing girls, well that's very bad like every other vice. In my own opinion, the police should have a minimum educational qualification of at least SSCE and while they are in service study leave should be made compulsory. I believe this will improve their values and keep them more focused on the job. This should come in addition to improving their standard of leaving. Recruiting school drop-outs and training them hasn't given us much results.
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by Odeku(m): 4:48pm On Feb 20, 2006
Bingo metridim word up, they need to be educated before they are recruited to the police. and maybe they will have some moral, the day will come when we will trust Nigeria police, but there are so many bad eggs among them now and not until they are fired retired the problem will persist and the government can certainly help by paying this guys decent salary as well
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by pajimoh(m): 3:22pm On Feb 22, 2006
Corruption has become like the case of AIDS in Nigeria, though we know the right thing to do but because of the way the system has turn out to be we cant just do it. Only few Nigerians will rather prefer to follow the door but majority of us finds the window easier and quicker. From the presidency to the common primary school teacher is corrupt. The Government cant stop corruption it is we the masses that will resist it. but who dares to make that sacrifice?
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by segun06: 3:33am On Feb 23, 2006
angry
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by toshmann(m): 1:15am On Mar 02, 2006
somebody should wake us please
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by tjava(m): 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2006
Most Youth of Nows don't want to school again rather they want to venture into this Business of Yahoo Yahoo, what will you Guys and Ladies say about this?

Some say they are Getting back the Money the stole from us during the Colonial Era

Because I feel they are only selling out their Destined by the Satisfaction of Today.

What will you guys say about this Issue because If we claim to be Leaders of Tomorrow, What examples are we setting for the Younger Generation infact they have started following the paths we have set because even some Secondary School Student are even into it now not focusing on their Studies again
This is Time we have to Thrash out this Issue so as to SAVE our Future Generation, What will you Guys say to that!
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by toshmann(m): 1:59am On Mar 04, 2006
how can they focus on thier studies when they see guys who graduated with good grades roaming the street due to unemployment.there is no need again for hardwork.so they follow what they see as a route to success.most people wont do that if they had good jobs.
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by segun06: 4:34am On Mar 05, 2006
angry
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by slimnike(m): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2006
Is more better to learn trade these days oh.
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by grandjedi(m): 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2008
Abeg let them replace the image on the N20 note with that of a policeman. . .
Because na dem own that denomination o. wink
Re: The Nigerian Police And The 20 Naira by PurestBoy(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2009
that's correct

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yar'adua Is Marginalizing The South With His Appointments / How The Usa Prison Look Like Compare With Nigeria. stay away from jail / Cbn Appoints Acting Ceo's For 5 Nigerian Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.