Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project (26669 Views)

FG Completes And Switch On Zungeru Hydro Power Plant , Adds 624 MW To Grid / Pictures Of Zungeru Hydro Electric Power Project To Be Commissioned This Year / 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by NASTYNASOSO: 1:11am On Feb 25, 2021
Penguin2:

Zungeru power plant is a Jonathan's brainchild.

It's possible he paid FG's counterpart funding in full before he left office.

Or you want proof?

HMMMMMMMMM

NOTE
PLANNED BEFORE JONATHAN BUT HE DID NOT COMMIT TO THE PROJECT

BUHARI DID THE NEEDFULL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Shikena(m): 1:12am On Feb 25, 2021
SouthWestBlood:
How many mega Watts?
710MW

5 Likes

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by yimnansunny: 1:12am On Feb 25, 2021
okay, good one
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Shikena(m): 1:13am On Feb 25, 2021
4ckyou:
Nice one, what about mambilla power plant, completing mambilla and this one will go a long way in solving our power problem
Yes Mambilla is the real deal. Bigger than all the hydro we currently have combined together.

4 Likes

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by PotatoSalad(m): 1:17am On Feb 25, 2021
Sirjamo:
If you ask PDP Dundees what was their achievement in all their COVID 16 years, they will tell you GSM
Old mumu
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by PotatoSalad(m): 1:17am On Feb 25, 2021
OnlyLife:
This is massive!
Emma
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Ever8090: 1:18am On Feb 25, 2021
Penguin2:

Or you want proof?
yes I want proof..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Penguin2: 1:21am On Feb 25, 2021
Shikena:

Absolutely untrue. Zungeru was 'officially' conceived in 1982 under the government of Shehu Shagari so can't be someone's 'brainchild' 30 years later, I won't even be surprised if the project was already lying on someone's desk long before 1982. It was never implemented due to dwindling resources that led to austerity measures by the government. The project was revisited and approved by Goodluck Jonathan's government in 2012 and agreement signed with the Chinese partners in 2013. On paying the counterpart funding in full.... I no know book but we were making lots of money from oil back then so it's possible.... just don't bet on it... regardless, it's a project of the federal government of Nigeria grin

Thank you for the clarification.

I said what I said because I followed the govt of GEJ religiously and I know when Zungeru power plant was commissioned.

I think GEJ did the commissioning himself.

APC rodents with borrowed data and no sense of history will be here foaming in the mouth for something they know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by LordIsaac(m): 1:23am On Feb 25, 2021
EmeraldKing7:
Chai see complex machines shocked

I wonder how the blue print designs will look like..
E go full with
allowable stress design
effective depth
pattern loadings
anchorage
effective length of column
plastic centroid
arch action
effective moment of inertia
plasticity truss model
axial load
elastic analysis
point of inflextion etc

School nor be scam ooh cheesy
This is how it should be... From the classroom to the field. Practical!

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 25, 2021
4ckyou:
Nice one, what about mambilla power plant, completing mambilla and this one will go a long way in solving our power problem

Land for mambilla power project have not even been secured
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by erico2k2(m): 1:39am On Feb 25, 2021
blamingthedevil:
[/s]

PDP paid for it Limited, they have been paying (sorry STEALING) the money since 1999 with no results for 16 years. PDP awarded contracts, stole the money, awarded contracts again, stole the money once more for 16 years , no project completed.

God punish PDP and Wailers
It will never be well with people defending party of Stealing is Not Corruption Party.
like play like play, APC don dey reach 8 years, that's half of PDP, so them suppose don do pass PDP 8 yrs at this stage, now ask yourself how their mkt be
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Sheriman(m): 1:42am On Feb 25, 2021
Soon will be abandon project
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Penguin2: 1:47am On Feb 25, 2021
blamingthedevil:
[/s]

PDP paid for it Limited, they have been paying (sorry STEALING) the money since 1999 with no results for 16 years. PDP awarded contracts, stole the money, awarded contracts again, stole the money once more for 16 years , no project completed.

God punish PDP and Wailers
It will never be well with people defending party of Stealing is Not Corruption Party.

Help yourself out of ignorance..

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by ransomed: 1:54am On Feb 25, 2021
iHart:
Beautiful, ...but what we need now is to diversify into nuclear energy.

Please sir, we are not mature for that now. A nation that cannot maintain it road network, who cannot tame herdsmen, who cannot defeat Boko Haram. Chernobyl will be a child's play if we tow that line. Imagine a muslim governor defending herdsmen for using AK- 47 for self defense and legislators denying other citizens from having revolver .
All we need now is to invest heavily in usage of Solar energy. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by AFONJACOW(m): 2:17am On Feb 25, 2021
Dam they will later told us it has collapse and can't generate power
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by sulaak(m): 2:17am On Feb 25, 2021
Jorge91:
Obj still can’t give account of $16b he embezzled for power project, how many millions is being used for this project.

Buhari has 8 years to investigate the so-called missing $16 billion, if he can't do that then Buhari has taken his share of the loot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by ElValiente(m): 2:35am On Feb 25, 2021
NASTYNASOSO:
More

Crane is one hell of a machine sha. Good job guys
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by cooooooks(m): 2:43am On Feb 25, 2021
These are the kind of news we like to hear. However, given how far they've gone per the pictures, this project must have started before 2015.

Thank goodness they plan on selling the TCN. That is the only way to improve electricity in we country.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by lereinter(m): 3:04am On Feb 25, 2021
Sirjamo:
If you ask PDP Dundees what was their achievement in all their COVID 16 years, they will tell you GSM

Ode
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by lereinter(m): 3:06am On Feb 25, 2021
China China

Teaching senseless country some lessons
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by michoim(m): 3:12am On Feb 25, 2021
Penguin2:

Or you want proof?

MODIFIED:

I've been clarified, and I researched too, that Zungeru power plant was conceived in 1982 by then NEPA and as such not Jonathan administration's 'brainchild'. Aside that, every of my claim above is true.

The project was never started until 2013 when GEJ kickstarted and made funds available for it under PPP.

This is same way GEJ kickstarted and paid FG counterpart funding for Second Niger Bridge under PPP but brainless fools still argue it.

This same way GEJ awarded contracts to CCECC for the upgrade of our airports including construction of New Terminals which Buhari is taking the glory today, but idiots with cow dung for brains always wanna twist the truth.

When would you fools accept that you made a terrible choice by ...
You are too dumb to have written this. And in your dreams every project being carried out in this administration has been paid for by Jonathan. Jonathan paid but never performed. What a delusion!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Harrynight(m): 3:14am On Feb 25, 2021
4ckyou:

Power problem can never be solved in NIGERIA those who knows this know!
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by chamboy(m): 3:21am On Feb 25, 2021
Penguin2:

Or you want proof?

MODIFIED:

I've been clarified, and I researched too, that Zungeru power plant was conceived in 1982 by then NEPA and as such not Jonathan administration's 'brainchild'. Aside that, every of my claim above is true.

The project was never started until 2013 when GEJ kickstarted and made funds available for it under PPP.

This is same way GEJ kickstarted and paid FG counterpart funding for Second Niger Bridge under PPP but brainless fools still argue it.

This same way GEJ awarded contracts to CCECC for the upgrade of our airports including construction of New Terminals which Buhari is taking the glory today, but idiots with cow dung for brains always wanna twist the truth.

When would you fools accept that you made a terrible choice by foisting a brain dead tribal bigot as President whose administration has brought nothing but tears, raping of our wives and daughters, maiming of defenseless farmers and killing and wasting the destinies of the youth who dared protest their misgovernance?

Today, communities in Ogun and Oyo are leaving their ancestral lands for herdsmen and you can't bury your heads in shame for the disaster you brought upon yourselves trying to spite the Igbos.

Today, SE is the most peaceful region in the country because we defend our land in unison while the Murics and the Oba Akanbis of the Southwest would let the cattle take over the whole of Yoruba land than speak against the Caliphate.

One word for y'all: "We warned you"!
And for those that want proof, help yourselves out of ignorance below...
Do you know what you just articulate which is correct in a way. Your works mostly as a Nigerian President never shows within 8years of office. Mostly shown after you leave but the major problem with states is the predecessor always try to destroy the work of the previous administration especially when their political party or interest confilts.

I'd give a bit of kudos to Buhari for allowing GEJ initiatives continue and also I'd advise not to stop to criticise him but also try to be holistic with your thoughts around what he is doing. I hope you follow?

4 Likes

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Microwhy: 3:22am On Feb 25, 2021
etsuidris:
E fine but power won't still stable..
That is what Nigerians are known for..
Negativity run in their blood.
They go international trending topics where every nationals are contributing positively but they will make comment that will paint Nigeria �� black.

Why don't you want to hold them responsible if the project does not work optimally, maybe because right from unset your thoughts are negative.
Nigerians don't no what they want and expected from their leaders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by pacespot(m): 3:28am On Feb 25, 2021
Penguin2:

Or you want proof?

MODIFIED:

When would you fools accept that you made a terrible choice by foisting a brain dead tribal bigot as President whose administration has brought nothing but tears, raping of our wives and daughters, maiming of defenseless farmers and killing and wasting the destinies of the youth who dared protest their misgovernance?

Today, communities in Ogun and Oyo are leaving their ancestral lands for herdsmen and you can't bury your heads in shame for the disaster you brought upon yourselves trying to spite the Igbos.

Today, SE is the most peaceful region in the country because we defend our land in unison while the Murics and the Oba Akanbis of the Southwest would let the cattle take over the whole of Yoruba land than speak against the Caliphate.

Enough of this hatred in every thread, even if Jonathan kick-started the project, you never had about a project abandoned by the successive government, how many electricity generated from the project when Jonathan was in office? Buhari is doing the right thing by investing in infrastructural projects for the country, if you want to talk about the Fulani's herdsmen issue, you can create another thread for that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Microwhy: 3:39am On Feb 25, 2021
pacespot:

Enough of this hatred in every thread, even if Jonathan kick-started the project, you never had about a project abandoned by the successive government, how many electricity generated from the project when Jonathan was in office? Buhari is doing the right thing by investing in infrastructural projects for the country, if you want to talk about the Fulani's herdsmen issue, you can create another thread for that.
Those guys are very stupid..
They're the one making Nigeria boring and becoming very uninteresting.
Everyday of our life is now about politics and political talks.
What a shame.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by contigiency(m): 3:46am On Feb 25, 2021
Penguin2:

Or you want proof?

MODIFIED:

You should be ashamed of yourself for this your Jonathan nonsense. He was just busy being brain child for every positive news for 6 years in office without carrying out anyone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 25, 2021
This not an acheivement it was a welcome project started by GEN jonathan then this lair completed it afterall nigerian is not save and the said zungeru is a no go area
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by Golan007: 4:27am On Feb 25, 2021
Penguin2:

Thank you for the clarification.

I said what I said because I followed the govt of GEJ religiously and I know when Zungeru power plant was commissioned.

I think GEJ did the commissioning himself.

APC rodents with borrowed data and no sense of history will be here foaming in the mouth for something they know nothing about.
Commissioned a project that is presently under construction??

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by kolaaderin: 4:43am On Feb 25, 2021
Chiefofchiefs:

That GSM birth a lot of further development and fixed your broken life. Imagine what you could have been without GSM
stop being petty, GSM was a phonomenor all around the world then, it was meant to happen and governement even cash out without any input, it was all investors effort, no kobo from government. Billions was made in dollars and yet under PDP Nitel was squash to death and never becomes a national asset. Its not only dorm claiming GSM as achievement , it shows you when government only made money but never give back in investing to the masses what is supposed to be our pride in Nitel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by olaolaking: 5:05am On Feb 25, 2021
4ckyou:
May be. But we have other issues : transmission and distribution. Even as at now, we don't use the peak generated power because of transmission
Re: Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project by 4ckyou: 5:06am On Feb 25, 2021
Harrynight:

Power problem can never be solved in NIGERIA those who knows this know!

It can, at least light is better than it was four years ago, at least now we know when there will be light, and in a day we get 9 hours of stable light, that is something

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘why I Left APC’ — Abdulmumin Jibrin Opens Up On His Defection To NNPP / Ben Murray-bruce And His Family At The BET Awards (Photos) / Namadi Sambo Visits Ike Ekweremadu In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.