Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Crude Oil Price Is Up And Naira Still Changes At 485 To Dollar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crude Oil Price Is Up And Naira Still Changes At 485 To Dollar (201 Views)

Naira Still Struggling Against Dollar / History Of Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate (1972-2019) / Naira Still Strong Despite Election Odds - ABCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crude Oil Price Is Up And Naira Still Changes At 485 To Dollar by jumper524(m): 9:32am On Feb 25, 2021
is the Naira never going to gain against the dollar legally?
are we just going to keep sitting down and watch the CBN and imf dish us whatever value dey deem fit as exchange rate?

what in our own capacity can we do to determine exchange rate?

what are the practical factor that really determine the exchange rate(practical factor not intelligent factor that an average educated man won't understand)?

why is Kuwait stronger than the dollar despite Kuwait having weaker economy than the US and also lesser demand for Kuwait in the world compared to dollar.

why is African economic policy never going to be favourable against the dollar(no African economy currency is gaining against the dollar rather they are all loosing)?

are we just going to keep sitting down and watch a system of finance that has destined us to fail?

research economist in the house please come and throw more light on this for us.
cos it seems these European countries are determined to make our hardwork look useless..
Re: Crude Oil Price Is Up And Naira Still Changes At 485 To Dollar by Rugaria: 9:36am On Feb 25, 2021
I keep saying it; Godwin Emefiele must be thoroughly investigated after the tenure of this administration! That man helped a lot of crooks siphone forex from the CBN. The bimbo knows little to nothing about fiscal and monetary policies for an import dependent wasteland like Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Is Up And Naira Still Changes At 485 To Dollar by AsomughaChuks02: 9:36am On Feb 25, 2021
Forget the naira, it is gone. Unless by miracle, we can have another CBN governor as brave as Chukwuma Soludo who will revalue our currency and be backed by the President.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Is Up And Naira Still Changes At 485 To Dollar by allandutch: 10:02am On Feb 25, 2021
The USD/NGN rate doesn't really reflect what is going on in the economy. A bunch of people, through that CBN governor, controls the Exchange rate.

I really don't get why those people can't allow the Naira to float. A weaker economy equals a weaker Naira while a stronger economy will result in the Naira becoming stronger.

I think them controlling the exchange rate allows them to manipulate the narrative. “Free Float” will expose their incompetency to the world.
Re: Crude Oil Price Is Up And Naira Still Changes At 485 To Dollar by jumper524(m): 10:05am On Feb 25, 2021
allandutch:
The USD/NGN rate doesn't really reflect what is going on in the economy. A bunch of people, through that CBN governor, controls the Exchange rate.

I really don't get why those people can't allow the Naira to float. A weaker economy equals a weaker Naira while a stronger economy will result in the Naira becoming stronger.

I think them controlling the exchange rate allows them to manipulate the narrative. “Free Float” will expose their incompetency to the world.
weaker economy determines weaker exchange rate is not a practicable reality.
I don't think neither of us understand what is really going on.
that's why we need to ask questions.

Russia and China are both stronger than Gambia and southern Africa in all aspects but Gambia and south Africa has a better exchange rate to dollar compared to Russia and China..

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Is Up And Naira Still Changes At 485 To Dollar by Mide3367: 10:16am On Feb 25, 2021
I wanted to ask same question
Re: Crude Oil Price Is Up And Naira Still Changes At 485 To Dollar by allandutch: 11:50am On Feb 25, 2021
jumper524:

weaker economy determines weaker exchange rate is not a practicable reality.
I don't think neither of us understand what is really going on.
that's why we need to ask questions.

Russia and China are both stronger than Gambia and southern Africa in all aspects but Gambia and south Africa has a better exchange rate to dollar compared to Russia and China..

I think Russia and China also controls their exchange rate. Maybe their rates are where they are in order to keep the foreign investments coming, especially China. Maybe.

(1) (Reply)

How To Create And Optimise Your Google My Business Listings / How Much Is POS Machine / Dangote To Earn N13bn Dividend From Sugar Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.