Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,736 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist (937 Views)

SOLD!!thanks to numerous nairaland viewers 2006 Toyota RAV4 RED Toks New Arrival / Nigerian Fuel Attendants Try To Locate The Fuel Tank Of A Tesla Car: Video / Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by nearmagic: 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2021
I have been a victim of undersold petrol more than once. The experience is frustrating and annoying especially on days you are particularly broke. The first time, what the attendant did was to engage me in a conversation that grabbed my attention, before i could catch a breathe of fresh air, the meter was rolling and i had to bottle up my grievances, especially because the fuel i bought was just 2000 Naira only.

What did he actually do?
While i was trying to understand him, he continued selling from 500 Naira, which was the exact amount on his meter when i drove in. Vy so doing, he had robbed me of more than 3 liters from the 14 liters i planned to buy. Worst more was that after driving for 2o minutes, my car 's fuel gauge went back to RED.

If you know any trick used by these fuel attendants, kindly share with us, or if you have a personal story, i want to hear.

1 Like

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by LMS1(m): 12:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
It Was Last Year Tho
Drove Into The PMS Station To Get Fuel Of N5,000.
Refueling Was Ongoin But I Was Busy With Twitter Instead Of Reading The Meter Then After Like 3 Min The Attendant Told Me He Is Done.
I Paid Him The 5k And He Said My Money Was 6k
Ah How Na? I Asked And He Said I Told Him 6k.
I Also Confirmed The Meter
E Be Like I For Slap The Guy But I Had To Pay Him The Extra 1k Since Its My Fuel Anywhere.
But What Amused Me Was That My Guage Meter Was In The Same Spot Like I Bought 5k Fuel.
Meaning I Was Scammed.
9ja People I Hail Thee ! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by PoliteActivist: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2021
Naija!
Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by OkanlawonB(m): 1:26pm On Feb 25, 2021
This topic is FRONT PAGE worthy cause i believe people will learn alot from the experiences of others in this regard.
I have experience such before in Nigeria, requested for a full tank on a number of occasions but the tank never actually got filled up. the meter just kept
running. In western Europe the fuel dispensers are not manned, You fill your tank to your desired level walk into the shop and pay or pay right ther into the dispenser if it has such a facility .The dispensers are also being caliberated at regular intervals , so that 5 Liters is 5Liters no more no less.

1 Like

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by psucc(m): 1:40pm On Feb 25, 2021
I saw a scenario one fine morning, just some minutes after opening the station for business on that day.
One Okada man came into the station rolling since he was descending a hill. He requested for a 2 litre fuel. The Attendant immediately pull the nozzle and almost immediately say he is done.

The okada guy told him no he needed 2 litres and not 1. The argument got heated, and the attendant thinking he was lucky opted to draw out his fuel (intending to get 2 litres). The Okada man obliged him. Unknown to him, the Okada man came with a "dry tank". So after suffering, he was even unable to get 1 litre and game over, he apologize to the Okada man.

Since I know it is their way, i was only concern why the guy did so even to the first customer of the day. Nigerians, hmmmm.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by EzzyCarter: 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2021
Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by Freestainworld(m): 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2021
If you are a full attendant reading this comment, and you are one of those scamming people on petrol stations, don't bother to comment if not thunder will fire you in a patrol station and you burn to ashe's.

9 Likes

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by longetivity(m): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2021
I never buy fuel b4
Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by PastorandMentor(m): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2021
What is the way forward?

1 Like

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by oginga: 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2021
Most fuel attendants are cheats.

That was how one almost scammed me all the name of selling fuel to me.

I drove back to the gas station to complain and their manager got things sorted out amicably. Though that was after I blocked their entrance for almost an hour.

2 Likes

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by Bebson007(m): 4:28pm On Feb 25, 2021
funny as it may sound, those guys are terible. The will even pump air right in front of u. U see it runing but it wnt be complete. If u want to buy fuel see okada riders, keke or a taxi driver they knw them due to the reason they buy more often.

2 Likes

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by obatreasure: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2021
I went to get 5k fuel from a filling station, after dispensing, I specifically brought out my wallet and i selected old 1k notes, 5 pieces and i gave the guy. I was about going out from the gate when i was beckon to stop and the attendant gave me 2 pieces of 1k notes that they are fake. I was surprised, I just got the money from the ATM. I had to replace the money having confirmed it to be fake truly. then all of a sudden I remember the money I gave this guy was old not new. Come and see my craze, The manager came out, after interrogation, gave back my money to me and warned those guys. Those guys have fake monies they are replacing with any gullible customer that came for fuel

3 Likes

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by 234GT(m): 6:30pm On Feb 25, 2021
Fuel attendants dont earn up to 10k monthly, so they are mostly out to play smart.

1 Like

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by DAVE5(m): 9:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
234GT:
Fuel attendants dont earn up to 10k monthly, so they are mostly out to play smart.

So that’s the excuse why they should reap other people of their hard earned cash?

A thief is a thief, that’s why even as rich as our politicians are, they still pilfer like their lives depend on stealing
Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by zumazeks: 11:05pm On Feb 25, 2021
typing
Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by DanielUnilag: 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
This theft at filling stations is now becoming a big concern. Typically, what I do is to be selective of the station brand name is patronize. Most private station are a no no for me.
Popular names have better training of staff and fuel attendants to alert customers to check the pump meter before dispensing or selling the fuel.
Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by Exponental(m): 7:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
Nigeria is a scam. If you like, focus your eyes on the meter, you've been scammed already. Only few filling stations are truthful, 90% of them have scammed you even before you buy the fuel.
When you hear, "oga look at the meter, na real scam"!!!
Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by seunoj: 7:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
Let me share cos many may have fallen victim
Whenever you buy fuel especially when the amount u want to purchase is keyed into the machine, be sure that upon dull dispense, the amount is steady on the meter and not blinking.
Whenever there is power issue or the reset button is pressed during fuel dispense, the amount of fuel dispensed automatically jumps to the amount keyed but blinks.
They may lie to you that the fuel is fully dispensed at this time.
Open your eyes

1 Like

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by Fixed: 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
They engage you on a very interesting topic to distract you from seeing the amount on the meter. The topic of discussion can even be on the sticker on your vehicle. At some other time they will be asking you to buy fuel saver and some useless tablets with unverified performance. Imagine a girl that cannot distinguish a clutch pedal from brake pedal telling me how a certain tablet will save me gallons of fuel. What fuel does someone buying 1000 naira worth want to save?

They use the hose of the pump to block the screen of the meter so you can only partially see the amount.

They start selling into your tank as soon as you bend down and press the tank opener without allowing you to confirm if the meter has been reset.

They collaborate with the car charger and air freshener hawkers to distract you on arrival so you lose concentration.

After selling to a customer they hang the pump without hooking it. The meter will not reset when they lift the pump.

They use pump whose meter is at the opposite side of your queue without informing you of the situation and they start selling immediately and ask you to now come over for confirmation.

They ask you to drive forward a bit more to where you can not see the meter very clearly and start selling into your tank without allowing you to confirm the meter reading.

If electricity goes out while dispensing, they call out an arbitrary amount that they sold already and quickly wipe it off as soon as light is restored so as to continue selling. There is a likelihood that their figure stays in your head rather than what will be on the display.

They oversell to your car by an amount that is less than 100. The change you will collect from them is fairly negligible maybe 60 or 70 naira so you will leave it for them. Not much but significant when they gather it for a dozen or more vehicles.

3 Likes

Re: Numerous Ways Fuel Attendants In Nigeria Cheat On Motorist by lmm4real: 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
Once you hear caustomer welcome, automatically move all defence system to 99.9%.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

1999 Honda Crv For Sale 380k / Pimped 2011 White Mercedes Benz C300 Upgraded / SOLD OUT Toyota Corolla In Ibadan 09027804148@5.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.