Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists (1132 Views)

Wike Would've Been PDP Presidential Candidate, His Friend Betrayed Him — Wamako / Gumi: The Bandits I Negotiated With Have Stopped Kidnapping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by Omooba77: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2021
Media mogul and businessman, Chief Dele Momodu, has said it is saddening that security forces know the locations of bandits and terrorists but fail to apprehend them. 

He also questioned how Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has been “strolling in and out of the forests.”

Momodu added that Pastor Enoch Adeboye, elder statesman and General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, would have caused an uproar nationwide and worldwide if he were to be negotiating with the bandits and terrorists the way Gumi had been doing.

Momodu stated these things in an article he wrote, and which was obtained by SaharaReporters. 

In the article, Momodu added that Gumi was spared by the government, while others “who have not carried machine guns, Kalashnikovs and other weapons of mass destruction have been promptly declared persona non grata and dangerous criminals and terrorists by the Inspector General of Police and the Governor of the Central Bank.”

He said he believed “some powerful, untouchable, inviolable Nigerians actually know the location of the terrorists”, but deliberately allowed them to fester for political and other selfish gains.

Momodu said, “As I write this, terrorists, insurgents and bandits have encircled Nigeria. While Boko Haram continues to wreak havoc with mathematical precision, in its traditional domains of the North-East, other terrorists, warlords and supporters of the All Progressives Congress have emerged in the North-West and there are bandits in nearly every zone. They operate with so much confidence and gusto. They dare the authorities to come after them knowing, each time that there is a clash, it is the Nigerian military that is worse off with its nose proverbially bloodied.

“In the last few weeks, and as recent as two days ago, the Muslim cleric, Sheikh Gumi, has been seen strolling in and out of the forests where the bandits are comfortably ensconced, without any fear of attack or antagonism. In fact, the visits are now televised, and many are wondering what’s going on.

“In this same country, those who have not carried machine guns, Kalashnikovs and other weapons of mass destruction have been promptly declared persona non grata and dangerous criminals and terrorists by the Inspector General of Police and the Governor of the Central Bank, whose business it has now become to police the bank accounts of innocent protesters. Just imagine for a second a Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye entering a forest to negotiate with terrorists and the uproar it would generate worldwide.

“So, some powerful, untouchable, inviolable Nigerians actually know the location of the terrorists. And the security forces also know the forests they reside in. I’ve been wondering what happened to our Air Force. Meaning, it is not that our own hawks can no longer capture chickens but some powerful people in government are not allowing them to swing into action. It is well.

“My conspiracy theory is that some powerful people see the bandits as their own kindred spirit and would rather protect them than have them maligned, traduced and destroyed for the vermin that they represent to those whom they pillage, rape, destroy, maim and kill. The body language is unarguably easy to decipher. Let’s stop pretending not to know how to smell the fish. This cesspit smells and stinks to high heavens.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/25/gumi-there-wouldve-been-uproar-if-pastor-adeboye-had-negotiated-terrorists%E2%80%94dele-momodu
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by osamz007: 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2021
GUMI THE HERDSMEN NEGOTIATOR

VERY STUP1D MAN

1 Like

Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by Miltonbit(m): 2:50pm On Feb 25, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria. Mmmm
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by NOwazobia: 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
To the message: that is the power of being a first class and the rest second class and third class.
To the person: sometimes i think this guy is confuse, you can't tell if he is here or there. He behaves like that half zombie, half vampire called HELLinues.
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by GamalNasser: 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2021
Shark Gumi is the mentor of the bandits
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by festacman(m): 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
Yes, I find it faulty that FG is treating bandits as mere 'delinquent children' rather than terrorists they are. It was this kind of fraternal empathy and empathy in the face of former COAS Ihejirika-led onslaught that gave Boko Haram time to grow stronger. Nevertheless, I hope this 'counselling and appeal' strategy works with bandits.

However, bringing in G.O Enoch Adeboye into the argument is merely emotional. Look, if Niger Delta militants rise up again today, they will readily and willingly listen to Pastor David Ibiyeomie if he comes to them in the creeks. The same way, if there is a band of Yoruba renegades somewhere in the forest, they will listen to Pastor Adeboye or Bishop Oyedepo if they show up with bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
Yes Lawlessness for north, law for south
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by Acidiously: 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2021
Only God can judge us

Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by Maxymilliano(m): 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2021
He also questioned how Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has been “strolling in and out of the forests.”

Terrorist enabler called cleric angry
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by HaBaE(m): 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2021
festacman:
Yes, I find it faulty that FG is treating bandits as mere 'delinquent children' rather than terrorists they are. It was this kind of fraternal empathy and empathy in the face of former COAS Ihejirika-led onslaught that gave Boko Haram time to grow stronger. Nevertheless, I hope this 'counselling and appeal' strategy works with bandits.

However, bringing in G.O Enoch Adeboye into the argument is merely emotional. Look, if Niger Delta militants rise up again today, they will readily and willingly listen to Pastor David Ibiyeomie if he comes to them in the creeks. The same way, if there is a band of Yoruba renegades somewhere in the forest, they will listen to Pastor Adeboye or Bishop Oyedepo if they show up with bible.

This comment is highly endorsed by Me...

Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by festacman(m): 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

This comment is highly endorsed by Me...

Thanks, boss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by Yankee101: 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2021
But you were locked up on terrorism charges with regards to Mutallab in Saudi Arabia of all places

If Saudi say you be islamic terrorist who go vindicate you?
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by urbobo20(m): 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2021
for me i dont see any bad im gumi visit , let him also visit boko haram to realease leah i know if womo womo deside to visit any creek to the militant are going to leasting to him
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by ambu2: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2021
Gumi, oya go recover the schoolgirls.
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by ShackWes(f): 9:46am On Feb 26, 2021
one is a fraudster, the other a terrorist please don't compare
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by Lanretoye(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2021
festacman:

the second paragraph makes me wonder what you actually meant in the first one.
infact meaning is far fetched from it.

1 Like

Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by nyiamfrank: 11:41am On Feb 26, 2021
Acidiously:
Only God can judge us

Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by Omooba77: 12:47pm On Feb 26, 2021
ShackWes:
one is a fraudster, the other a terrorist please don't compare

How has he defrauded you ma?
Re: Gumi: There Would've Been Uproar If Adeboye Had Negotiated With Terrorists by nthony10: 1:12pm On Feb 26, 2021
Kudos to Dele momodu, he has started speaking against the ills of this government

(1) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma Lists Items To Recover From Okorocha / Imagine (photo) / President Buhari, APC Have Not Failed Nigerians - Senator George Akume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.