Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution (8137 Views)

Subsidy Probe: Reps Say 23 Oil Firms Unknown / Deborah Agbonayinma Wanted By ICPC For Certificate Forgery At PENCOM / Shehu Koko Was Declared Wanted By ICPC For Corruption In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by zakim(m): 6:20am On Feb 26, 2021
The House of Representatives Committee on Procurement yesterday said it would engage the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Independent Corrupt Practices and other financial Crimes Commission to ascertain the level of procurement breaches in Project Development Institute.

This was decided at the end of the committee’s investigation into alleged breaches of procurement process, staff victimisation and management problems in the institute.

Speaking after submissions by the BPP, the chairman of the committee, Nasir Ali Ahmed, said the acting Director-General of the institute, Fabian Okonkwo, was culpable in the violation of the Public Procurement Act 2007 by arbitrarily cancelling and awarding contracts without recourse to BPP and the laws.

“We’ll use you as an example. I don’t think any other DG has been punished before. I can assure you that every other penalty that is in the Procurement Act, you’ll face it.

“You can’t sit in your office and decide on who gets what. I’m happy that the board of PRODA is here and is listening to the rot that’s happening at the institute.

“So, we’ll refer this case to the EFCC, ICPC and the NFIU. There was a transparent process, you came in and said to hell with BPP and decided to do what you want”, he said.

Babatunde Kuye, who represented the Director-General of the Bureau for Public Procurement, Mamman Ahmadu, confirmed the alleged breaches by the acting DG of the institute, Fabian Okonkwo.

He said PRODA had in many instances awarded or canceled contracts in breach of the Procurement Act or informing the BPP as required by law.

On his part, Chairman of PRODA Board, Daniel Onje, said they stopped the contracts in national interest.

He, however, accused the acting DG of misleading the board by claiming that he had informed BPP and got approval to cancel the contracts.

PRODA Acting DG, Okonkwo, told the committee that he had written to the BPP regarding alleged illegalities in the contracts.

He later apologised for “misleading” the PRODA board on the issue.
https://dailytrust.com/proda-probe-reps-refer-dg-to-efcc-icpc-for-prosecution

1 Share

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by JAOS(m): 6:20am On Feb 26, 2021
corruption is strong with this generation
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by ifytrik(m): 6:21am On Feb 26, 2021
They should probe every single politician in Nigeria including the past and present president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by Joshmodest(m): 6:24am On Feb 26, 2021
What exactly happened to Magu ?
if I see Efcc for my area trying to arrest any Yahoo boy the thing I would do to them ehn !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by osamz007: 6:40am On Feb 26, 2021
THEY REPS ACTING LIKE SERIOUS PEOPLE
RUBBER STAMP FOOLS

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by Lopyrf: 6:48am On Feb 26, 2021
Really
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48am On Feb 26, 2021
Fabian Okonkwo, was culpable in the violation of the Public Procurement Act 2007 by arbitrarily cancelling and awarding contracts without recourse to BPP and the laws.

“We’ll use you as an example. I don’t think any other DG has been punished before. I can assure you that every other penalty that is in the Procurement Act, you’ll face it.

“You can’t sit in your office and decide on who gets what. I’m happy that the board of PRODA is here and is listening to the rot that’s happening at the institute.

“So, we’ll refer this case to the EFCC, ICPC and the NFIU. There was a transparent process, you came in and said to hell with BPP and decided to do what you want”, he said.
This is one of the CHANGES we voted for.
All corrupt entity must be brought to book in our nation.

Nigeria must be great again in our lifetime.

kayjay69:
How will nigeria be great again in our lifetime?
Excuse us Mr man,
We said our lifetime, not your lifetime.
Don't get it twisted!
If you don't want your country to be great in your lifetime, Goodluck to you!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by pickatyouu: 6:49am On Feb 26, 2021
We dey observe.
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by dannimaboi(m): 6:49am On Feb 26, 2021
so so story for nigeria
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by OfficialGaGa(m): 6:50am On Feb 26, 2021
So this is a case of some bigger and highly placed criminals referring a middle grade criminal to a criminally minded, focused, purposed and driven organization use by this same highly placed criminals to persecute some erring highly placed criminals, the middle and low placed criminals for "Breaking the code and condom.... oosps sorry conduct"

OfficialGaGa

1 Like

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by Samnavy: 6:53am On Feb 26, 2021
Naija na only God
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by Bellotelli: 6:53am On Feb 26, 2021
Abi because he is IPOB grin

2 Likes

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by Temptee101(m): 6:53am On Feb 26, 2021
It all ends here.

Nigerians are criminals.

There's no hope or remedy for this country.

Nigeria is finished.

Take it or leave it.
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by sweetonugbu: 6:55am On Feb 26, 2021
Proda that is not even functional

1 Like

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by UperConcept: 6:55am On Feb 26, 2021
Let’s see how it goes
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by LoudLord(m): 6:56am On Feb 26, 2021
angry

Audio probe
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by bigcasava1(m): 7:01am On Feb 26, 2021
Is only the igbos that the law always takes it course what MAGU? What have the useless house of rep done about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by bigcasava1(m): 7:02am On Feb 26, 2021
bigcasava1:
Is only the igbos that the law always takes it course what have they done to MAGU? What have the useless house of rep done about it
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by Muhylonaire007: 7:02am On Feb 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by dayleke: 7:07am On Feb 26, 2021
A bunch of jokers who don't know what their priorities are.

The country is a joke itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by Kobicove(m): 7:34am On Feb 26, 2021
Everywhere you look in this country someone is stealing sad
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by ofuonyebi: 7:48am On Feb 26, 2021
WITH CORRUPTION RIGHT THERE IN THE OFFICE OF THE PAPAL CITY
CALL IT THE POPE CITY....THE QUESTION IS WHOSE NEXT?
9JA'S CASE IS NO LONGER A NEWS ITEM..
ALL NA FAKE PROBE THAT GOES HANGING FOR 10-YEARS..
UNTILL A NEW GOVT COMES TO GRANT AMNESTY FOR THE CORRUPT ELEMENTS...

ASK GEJ ...IF YOU ARE NOT SURE
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by freshvine(f): 8:02am On Feb 26, 2021
Almost all politicians constituency phantom projects are routed to PRODA and the DG is actually dealing with them because majority of those contracts lacks competence and to an extent improper documentation hence their frustration.

1 Like

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by AmazingELixir: 8:21am On Feb 26, 2021
lipsrsealed

Can't believe PRODA has become this way....this is one federal research institute I dreamt of working for as a young school leaver.

Who knows I would have invented Nigerian's first propulsion engine.

Was so crazy about R & D back then.

1 Like

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by Cmeo(m): 9:04am On Feb 26, 2021
How can a country develop when every anti-corruption person is victimized?

Being in the knowing, I believe this poor Acting DG is being victimized for challenging the lawmakers that most of the projects in their budget were put by the lawmakers and awarded to them for execution.

These lawmakers actions have fustrated every DGs/Head of MDA's as well as genuine contractors with no one to cry to or for help. The moment they know you want to talk or question them, they use other agencies to keep you shut it rope you.

1 Like

Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:09am On Feb 26, 2021
All this gragra because a southerner was nominated for that position, if he was an Aboki the story would be different. Ask the efcc guy
Re: Proda Probe: Reps Refer Fabian Okonkwo To EFCC, ICPC For Prosecution by nwabueze1999(m): 9:49am On Feb 26, 2021
Your Excellency Sir, am really sorry for disturbing you, but the issue I have in mind, when solved will be a big win to the citizens and for this Administration.
It's the issue of the Dichotomy between HND and BSc.
Sir, His Excellency, The President has in all ramifications done well by removing the Dichotomy between the two certificates, which some agencies have started complying to it with the Exception of the Educational Sector. You can't apply for a Masters Degree (MSc) if you do not first Top up your HND certificate with a Post Graduate Diploma.
Which time duration is from 1yr- 1yr 6months. Extra money and time.
In same vane, someone who tries to do purchase direct entry form to a University After his N.D (OND) Is no way better of because your 2yrs studying and 1yr studying equals to just year in the University as you are placed in 2nd year.
Many can't even transfer to other schools because they are from a Polytechnic or study abroad because most foreign schools do not accept HND.

Sir, I ask for pardon if I have spoken out of line sir, you are my last resort.
If all Polytechnics starts issuing Bachelor of Technology (BTech) or Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc) it will be to the merits of the citizens and it will be a big boost of trust with the Administration.
Sir, I would also plead that we take cue from most countries by turning all Polytechnics to University of Applied Sciences.

Thank your Excellency sir for granting me audience. I anticipate your earnest feedback.

(1) (Reply)

Afegbua: Babachir Lawal Cannot Play God In Tinubu’s Presidential Aspiration / BUHARI'S MINISTERS: Amaechi, Fashola, Others Make List / A Peek Into Ipob "Supreme" Leader's Intellectual Exploits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.