Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets (1361 Views)

Olisa Metuh And Yerima The Bail Differences - Just Check This. / Ahmed Sanni In Court For Corruption Today (Photos) / Hakila Yerima Is Dead (SDP Governorship Candidate In Adamawa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by DisGuy: 1:03am On Jul 06, 2007
Former Governor of Zamfara State, Alhaji Ahmad Sani, on Thursday, made public his assets, put at over one billion naira.

He also declared a liability of N240, 833, 333.34.

The assets of the former governor who is now a senator, are made up of cash at hand, value of assets, annual income, total foreign currency in bank and credit from banks.

At a press conference at the All Nigeria Peoples Party headquarters by his private secretary, Alhaji Kabir Balarabe, in Abuja on Thursday, the value of the senator‘s assets was put at N1.01bn.

Other items in the assets declaration form sworn to before the Code of Conduct Bureau also include a total amount in banks from salaries and savings/investments, N8,364,396.43 and foreign currency in Nigerian banks, $163,576.32 (N20.774m), made up of foreign currency in credit card, $113, 418.39, and Domiciliary account, $50, 157.93.

Sani who claims not to operate a foreign account also declared a total amount of cash in hand of N2m.

Under the cash section, the senator declared a bank loan (credit) of N125,223, 629.36, and a debit of N240, 833, 333.34.

A breakdown of the assets shows that he has eight building located in Sokoto, Gusau, and Abuja, valued at N332m.

He also has two residential vacant plots in Asokoro, Abuja and Bakura in Zamfara State, valued at N30.250m.

Four factories located in Gusau, Yar Geda and Bakura/Talata Mafara valued at N203.5m.

Also, his three farms located at Talata Mafara, Bakura, Dansadau, all in his home state are valued at N17.5m.

The value of his shares is put at N18.5m, while his Mercedes Benz and Jeep vehicles, six in number, are valued at N85m. He put a value of N24 on his household furniture.

From his buildings he earns an annual income of N9m, while his farms yield N25m and his factories fetch N112m. There are no dividends yet from his shares.

Sani who was first elected governor in 1999 served two terms that ended in 2007.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200707062243875
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by DisGuy: 1:10am On Jul 06, 2007
okpabio!! aye ooooooooo, kutumarrrrr yeeeeeeekpa!! direct ****** no third party shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by sartorius(m): 6:33am On Jul 06, 2007
big lie, he has more than that, politicians, i wish ribadu could open up.
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by NuhuRibadu: 9:14am On Jul 06, 2007
Four factories located in Gusau, Yar Geda and Bakura/Talata Mafara valued at N203.5m[/color].

From his buildings he earns an annual income of N9m, while his farms yield N25m and his factories fetch [color=#990000]N112m

Abeg, which investment of 203.5 million can yield 112 million annually, the man na barao, Ole, this asset declaration thing is already being hij acked by mischievous people
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by desgiezd(m): 10:59am On Jul 06, 2007
@ NuhuRibadu

Since you feel he's telling lies, go after him as your name suggests
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by desgiezd(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2007
With all these declarations that are in billions and hundreds of millions, politics appear to be the most lucrative and profitable business in Nigeria now.

By the way, as the politicians appear to be getting richer, why is it that the generality of Nigerians are getting poorer?
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by Tornadoz(m): 11:23am On Jul 06, 2007
@sartorius
big lie, he has more than that, politicians, i wish ribadu could open up.
He has very little, I think he hopes to have a billion in 4yrs time. The idea is to say you have a lot so when you see his billions in future you won't be surprised.
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by GNature(m): 11:24am On Jul 06, 2007
N1 billion ~ Over $7 million.

I think Yerima should be worth more than this. The real question is, what was his net worth in 1999 before he became governor ?
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by needeeg(m): 11:54am On Jul 06, 2007
desgiezd:

With all these declarations that are in billions and hundreds of millions, politics appear to be the most lucrative and profitable business in Nigeria now.

By the way, as the politicians appear to be getting richer, why is it that the generality of Nigerians are getting poorer?
Ofcourse Desgie politics really appear the most lucrative and profitable business in Nigeria, if u can ask urself, why is this people want to be in there position!!

Well, guess Yarima is more than that tho, cos Zamfara state is just like some local government in other state, e.g Kaduna, Enugu, PH, Lagos and many more sha, so i guess that his declaration is just to show Nigerians!
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by lafile(m): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2007
Yeh right.
What about his other assets and bank accounts and stock held by proxy (his wives and kids etc)? is it included?

Why shouldn't people die to enter politics? pepper rest there o.
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by denex: 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2007
@NuhuRibadu

so you think there is no investment that can yield N112 profit from N203 profit in a year? Maybe you should visit the Business threads of the Nairaland forum.

Do you realise that investing N20,300 in recharge cards can yield N40,600 in one month?
So if you have the right network of dealers and retailers all around the country, if you invest N203million in a month, you could make up to N406million.

No doubt Yerima is a thief. But your line of argument will see that case thrown out of court.

N1billion is not too much for him to have depending on how much he had before he became governor. Somebody else is saying politics is a big business now, but can you remind me of any one of these governors that went in there poor?

The crime of Yerima can be found in those Islamic interest free banks he was liaising with. He has used those banks to steal money by loanining them in the name of the state and transferring the funds through those same "Islamic Banks".

That is where investigations should start. Not asking if N203million can yield N112million in a year. Of course it can!
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by ayusman16(m): 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2007
The same pple who supported and voted for him during the Sharia era in the state should ask him where and how he got that money from and how much he had before enterin office, see me dey work my ass off daily for pple who apprec. my worth and cant boast of a million naira savings anually, EFCC where una dey?
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by jesusfreak(f): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2007
in as much as i credit these declaring of asset exercise i still find it disturbing that Yerima's worth rose astronomically over the past 8 years.

what is he trying to prove now? that he's a righteous thief or what?

i m not impressed with the value of his assets and i definately think this charade of "righteous mallams " should stop!

apologies to Yar'adua (i know he meant well as the pioneer)
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by McKren(m): 12:22pm On Jul 06, 2007
This guy is definitely worth more than this.

He has simply gone to acquire asset declaration (certificate of good character) since their claims can not be verified. Remember Ribadu accused him of "looting without a third party and that he was the first Governor to approach him with bribe inspite of his noise about Sharia".

Well why should I doubt him, he is meant to be eulogised for following suite.
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by otokx(m): 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2007
Its like Yerima is richer than Yar Adua but men this politicians are corrupt monsters.
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by Beline(f): 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2007
can he give us his worth before 1999
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by Beline(f): 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2007
i equally believe that he does not worth whatever he declared but do this to cover up whatsoever he will get in the future
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by denex: 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2007
Believe me Beline, he's worth far more than N1billion. I believe that man has stolen well up to N60billion and transferred it through he so-called non-interest Islamic banks. He is only declaring N1billion which is the amount that he has been able to acquire proveable documentation for.
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by dblock(m): 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2007
GNature:

N1 billion ~ Over $7 million.

I think Yerima should be worth more than this. The real question is, what was his net worth in 1999 before he became governor ?

Well at least this means that it will be difficult for him to steal more money.
Re: Sanni Yerima Declares N1bn Assets by angel101(f): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2007
Not in the Nigerian context dear. If he could lie about it now, nothing stops him from doing it in 4 or 8 or however many years time.

(1) (Reply)

In Case We've Forgoten / Soludo Named In Afc ( African Finance Corporation ) Scam / A Female House Member Is Causing Commotion In Isu Ancient Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.