Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. (1229 Views)

Fellow Igbo People The Light Has Come! Gather Here! / Hausa/Fulani Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Nigeria [Photos] / Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by Sebastine1994(m): 10:31am On Feb 26, 2021
I am a bonafide Igbo boy, but hausa people will just think I am their brother,

When I am walking on the street it is worst. they would be greeting me in hausa, mind you I am not wearing that hausa cloth or anything.

Sometimes they speak hausa to me and I don't hear a pint of hausa. This people dey annoy me with their constant greetings and Salam Alekum.

Here is the worst part, my fellow igbos even think I am hausa, they welcome me like an hausa man. but when I speak perfect Igbo, they become shocked. they ask me where am you from?

It's like an identical crisis, I don't belong here nor there, Haba. I even thought It would stop if I started wearing 4 necklace on my neck and dress more like an igbo, They still make the same mistake.

Everywhere they think I am hausa, whatever State I move to.

should I be worried?, what if a riot starts one day?

lalasticlala, mynd44,seun Dominique. help me oh. I don't know what to do.
Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by smatt1711: 10:35am On Feb 26, 2021
Ask your mother where you are from , then if you are from Nsukka area ,the fault might not be from your mom, maybe your great grand parent , the north somehow penetrated those areas in the time past

4 Likes

Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by pps1759(m): 11:00am On Feb 26, 2021
smatt1711:
Ask your mother where you are from , then if you are from Nsukka area ,the fault might not be from your mom, maybe your great grand parent , the north somehow penetrated those areas in the time past
penetrated where,bia becareful
Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by obiekunie2: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2021
Sebastine1994:

are you from enugu state? Nsukka to be precise.

how old are you?

if you are from enugu state an within the age bracket of 38, 40 or less, well, there maybe some mix up in your genetics. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by criuze(m): 12:35pm On Feb 26, 2021
buy biafra barret or cap

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by nsiba: 5:52am On Feb 27, 2021
I am not surprise when you have Ibibios, Igalas, Benins, Idomas mixtures of Igbos why should one be surprise?

Even that Nnamdi KANU needs to run a DNA test, that guy looks like FULANI
Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by Uptheante(m): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2021
Sebastine1994:

When I am walking on the street it is worst. they would be greeting me in hausa, mind you I am not wearing that hausa cloth or anything.

Sometimes they speak hausa to me and I don't hear a pint of hausa. This people dey annoy me with their constant greetings and Salam Alekum.

Here is the worst part, my fellow igbos even think I am hausa, they welcome me like an hausa man. but when I speak perfect Igbo, they become shocked. they ask me where am you from?

It's like an identical crisis, I don't belong here nor there, Haba. I even thought It would stop if I started wearing 4 necklace on my neck and dress more like an igbo, They still make the same mistake.

Everywhere they think I am hausa, whatever State I move to.

should I be worried?, what if a riot starts one day?

lalasticlala, mynd44,seun Dominique. help me oh. I don't know what to do.

U sure say no be Hausa man or Fulani herdsman father u?
Better go for DNA before it's too late o
Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 27, 2021
Go and do DNA test, you might be one of the trafficked kids from North to South East. You might be Hausa which is good, as you don already secure job in Abuja.

Asalamu alekun cheesy
Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by Sebastine1994(m): 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2021
why do I find it difficult to build a team, my contact are few. I know half of my problem can be solved if I have my team, you can do alot with a team, once you succeed imitators will strike, your best bet is the speed you can scale idea, to scale idea you need capital, I just need to be confident, build a team, mark Zuckerberg was shy, I am shy, I was always focused on my book not heeding the need to exoandy social network.

nothing is easy, fear
Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by Sebastine1994(m): 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
today is 1st January 2021.
I am happy to see this new year, I am getting close to the grave yearly. but it seems I need to discover myself and learn to take action on goals and achievement I have in mind.

so I won't make any promises this year,especially since I know I may not live up to it. but I would keep pushing myself until I bring some of my best ideas to reality.
Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by MYZOLE: 9:52am On May 13, 2021
Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by YungMillionaire: 2:36am On May 14, 2021
Some of the denizens of this forum are natural born comedians. What kind of useless post of this? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Igbo Think I Am Hausa. by Biafrannuke: 9:13am On May 18, 2021
Anonymous

(1) (Reply)

Facts About The Great Benin / Difference Between Yoruba North/yoruba South / Who Will You Save

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.