Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,347 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

To Be "Born Again"/ Salvation is of the LORD Only... (Not of Works) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Be "Born Again"/ Salvation is of the LORD Only... (Not of Works) (134 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again / Salvation Is Free / How I Got Born Again(salvation Experiences) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Be "Born Again"/ Salvation is of the LORD Only... (Not of Works) by xproducer: 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2021
GOD is truly in control, of all things! I raise the topic because of the often misunderstood, and perhaps often misused term "born again"

A reason it's important is because the Messiah Himself, the Lord JESUS says “...Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” - John 3:3

In considering this declaration in the conversation the Lord JESUS had with Nicodemus (in John 3: 1 - 21), and practically speaking... mankind cannot choose to be born in the flesh, mankind cannot chose to be born, or reborn in the spirit by the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD. GOD Himself chooses - Romans 9:14-16

Biblically speaking... we are spiritually dead since the fall of Adam. Unless GOD Himself gives the command to live and truly believe in and follow Him we simply just cannot satisfactorily enough, not even close! "But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away." - Isaiah 64:6

"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins" - Ephesians 2:1
..."even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved" - Ephesians 2:5
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

A gift is "a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present."

Consider the the dry bones in Ezekiel 37:1-14! GOD unequivocally declares much here, particularly "I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken it and performed it,” says the Lord.’ (verse 14)

Also - "When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?” But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” - Matthew 19:25-26

So, it is important that we do not find ourselves trusting in anything that we have personally done, or do, to truly be born again and thus be reconciled to GOD - but rather trusting only in the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST - in HIS tender mercies, grace, and entire work of salvation.

If one is truly GOD's - one will know, because GOD mercifully reveals the same.

"I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own." - John 10:14

-------
"For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together." - Romans 8:15-17

(1) (Reply)

Wait For Your Appointed Time / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Prayer To Deliver Us From All Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.