Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Look How China Transformed In Just 20 Years. Is Nigeria Sleeping Or Dead? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Look How China Transformed In Just 20 Years. Is Nigeria Sleeping Or Dead? (5584 Views)

Tee Mac’s Comment That “Tinubu Is 86 Years”, Is Just A Mere Gossip.. / First Look: How Nigeria May Decide - ThisDay / Four Years Is Too Small For Anyone In Office' - Yemi Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look How China Transformed In Just 20 Years. Is Nigeria Sleeping Or Dead? by Rodwave: 11:34pm On Feb 27, 2021
Aconomist:
Kano in 1960 vs 2020 -- there has been significant improvement here. At least they aren't using mud anymore. Nation of monkeys

Lol. I had to laugh out loud
Re: Look How China Transformed In Just 20 Years. Is Nigeria Sleeping Or Dead? by Rugaria: 9:37am On Feb 28, 2021
Aconomist:
Leaders are a product of their culture. If you have a rubbish culture, you will have rubbish leaders. You say the West gave us Buhari? Then explain why our governors, senators and house of reps are also bad. Did the West impose them on us or did we elect them? What about our corrupt police men and teachers -- did the West "impose" them too? Did they fall from the sky or are they also Nigerians?

Nigerians have the leaders they deserve. A nation of monkeys will be ruled by monkeys. And unless you can admit this, you are part of the problem.

It will take a lot of time and energy to deconstruct your grossly warped mindset... Two of them, I don't have enough, this glorious Sunday morning... It would have been better if we are dealing with issues germain to the discuss, but you are all over the place with these tags you are dishing out wreckleslly.
To start with, I don't even know where to start with somebody who proudly defines himself as a "monkey"...
E be tinz really..
Re: Look How China Transformed In Just 20 Years. Is Nigeria Sleeping Or Dead? by Aconomist: 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
Rugaria:

It will take a lot of time and energy to deconstruct your grossly warped mindset... Two of them, I don't have enough, this glorious Sunday morning... It would have been better if we are dealing with issues germain to the discuss, but you are all over the place with these tags you are dishing out wreckleslly.
To start with, I don't even know where to start with somebody who proudly defines himself as a "monkey"...
E be tinz really..
I don't define myself as a monkey. I'm not a part of this zoo culture.
Re: Look How China Transformed In Just 20 Years. Is Nigeria Sleeping Or Dead? by xxxXXXxxx: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2021
Rugaria:

I don't believe that all dictators are evil, neither do I believe that all democracies are good... The taste of the pudding is in the eating... South korea, China, UAE, Qatar etc were all built up by either army Generals, communists, oligarchs or absolute monarchs.. Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand had the fakest democracies that were highly productive in terms of being responsive to the aspirations of the people.. Indonesia was set up by Suharto, a General! Many examples like this.. So when you talk of Africans holding their leaders accountable, you have to understand that firstly, you need to have a leadership willing to work for the entire country!

But if what you have is a dictatorship like the case of Marcos in the philippines, or PolPot in cambodia, or Buhari in Nigeria, the country will ultimately decay! Economic progress is hard to come by under self centered dictators and illiterate fake democrats alike.. Most African leaders were basically imposed. In the quest to have true African leaderships across the continent, wars have been fought to uproot some of them to no avail.. But when one talks about some of these western impositions and the effects of their loyalty to outsiders on the development of the continent, it sounds like you are giving excuses. Fact is that, if you don't have nationalist leaders accountable to the citizens of their countries, unproductive governance will still be the bane..

This comment really captures the state of affairs. Better days in view.

1 Like

Re: Look How China Transformed In Just 20 Years. Is Nigeria Sleeping Or Dead? by obailala(m): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2021
Officialgarri:
I beg to differ.

If the first picture was taken with a super camera like the second and given a nice picture edit and filters, then you'd see the development in your own country as well.
Lol... are you saying the 'super camera' constructed those dozens of high rise buildings which are visible only in the second picture?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Theophilus Danjuma Now Afraid Of What He Created? / Check Out Who Buhari Is Gonna Pick As His Next Vp / PMB Flagged-off Validation Exercise Of Africa Peer Review Mechanism (APRM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.