Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ (8164 Views)

20 Things To Know About The Calabar Sea Port (A Must Read) / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe / Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by bluefilm: 8:20am On Mar 13, 2021
This is _bullshit

Fuck_ COVID 19

Fuck_ the useless SCAMdemic.

And fuck_ the useless masks.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed
Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by nony43(m): 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
Mstravelindiva:
Here are a few tips if you’re planning to travel during COVID that I have observed and experienced:

1. Check COVID requirements before travel. Changes can occur overnight, so check often and make sure you fulfill pre-travel entry requirements and understand if quarantine is required upon arrival.

2. All airlines and airports are requiring masks to be worn at all times upon entering the airport and aircraft.

3. Masks must be worn (over mouth and nose, except while actively eating/drinking) during flight at all times so be sure to wear one that’s comfortable. Failure to do so is a federal offense and can have you arrested, fined and banded from traveling on ALL future flights.

4. Masks with the filter attached or bandannas worn as face masks are not allowed when traveling to/from/through the USA/Canada/Mexico. I suspect this is the same in Europe and other countries as well due to the safety concern.

5. Most (if not all) transportation modes (taxis, Uber, Lyft, Trains, etc.) require a masks at all times, so again, please wear one that comfortable.

6. Most restaurants have dining capacity requirements during their reopening phases, so it’s HIGHY encouraged that you make reservations for sit down dining.

7. Many hotels/resorts offer limited housekeeping services but will provide extra towels, trash removal, etc upon request.

8. Hotels/Resorts also REQUIRE masks to be worn while in all common areas and limit capacity on elevator/lifts.

9. Many hotels/resorts offer the keyless room option to reduce contact with front desk personnel and using actual keys. Room keys are downloaded to your phone via their hotel app, and you’ll simply hold your phone to the door lock and it opens your room for you. I personally love this option whenever possible.

10. In-Room dining service might be limited or unavailable currently depending on state/country/county Covid re-opening phase.

11. Decorative pillows, fully stocked mini-bars, in-room coffee or any items difficult to sanitize I’ve noticed have disappeared in hotel rooms.

12. Tour activities are starting to come back, but MANY will require a reservation, so please call ahead if possible to confirm. I can’t stress this enough.

13. Vaccinations appear to be a key to being able to travel internationally again. Time will tell, but I’m noticing countries are starting to waive negative COVID test and quarantine upon arrival for vaccinated travelers.

14. This goes unsaid, but please be kind to airline, taxi and hotel staff. These are difficult times and they trying their best to acclimate and safely accommodate everyone as best as possible.

15. There’s more, so for additional tips regarding traveling during COVID, please watch my YouTube video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqaASf_Azvo

Please don’t forget to: Subscribe, Like, Comment and turn on your post notifications so you can be notified the next time I upload another video.

Safe travels and be well!

Bros how many convid 19 test does one need to before leaving the country? And is it to be done how many days before leaving?
Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by Mstravelindiva: 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2021
nony43:

Bros how many convid 19 test does one need to before leaving the country? And is it to be done how many days before leaving?

Great question, it depends on where you’re going. Some countries require 72 hours “prior” to departure while others could require more time or less. And yes, it typically has to be done prior to leaving. What’s key is to check each counties requirements and be sure to complete the required test type. Each country is very specific with the type of test as well.
Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by nony43(m): 5:46am On Mar 14, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Great question, it depends on where you’re going. Some countries require 72 hours “prior” to departure while others could require more time or less. And yes, it typically has to be done prior to leaving. What’s key is to check each counties requirements and be sure to complete the required test type. Each country is very specific with the type of test as well.

Thank you, please one more question, if you are leaving from Nigeria, is there a particular government approved hospital to go for the test or any hospital at all?

1 Like

Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by Mstravelindiva: 7:05am On Mar 14, 2021
nony43:

Thank you, please one more question, if you are leaving from Nigeria, is there a particular government approved hospital to go for the test or any hospital at all?

Another great question! It all depends on where you’re traveling to, each country will tell you the type of test and usually provide a link of approved facilities that can administer the test.

For example, if you were traveling to Barbados, they would tell you what type of Covid-19 test is needed, when it needs to be taken by, what website (if applicable) the results need to be uploaded to and also what facilities and/or clinics are considered approved in your area.

Just remember, go to the official website for the country you plan to visit.

For the sake of my example, here the link for Barbados which explains the COVID-19 requirements for this country. https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2020

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by Mstravelindiva: 5:17am On Mar 15, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad Nosemask from Niagra to Aussie sad.May God help u to breathe well

Yeah, I’m not ready for any long haul flights wearing a mask either. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by Ademola47(m): 10:57am On Mar 17, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Definitely follow, more travel tips to come! wink
Greatly anticipating!!! grin

1 Like

Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by Mstravelindiva: 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ademola47:

Greatly anticipating!!! grin

Yay friend! I’m glad you’re finding this helpful. I just shared how to book the cheapest airline tickets. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Be well~
Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by QasimAttari: 7:37am On Apr 07, 2021
Download Surah Al Mudassir or read it in pdf format. You can also do its recitation properly with the help of its audio format. Do its recitation regularly and gain its several benefits. It is the seventy-fourth Surah of the Holy Quran and contains fifty-six powerful verses. For your understanding, we are presenting its translation and its explanation.

1 Like

Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by Mstravelindiva: 5:31pm On May 27, 2021
Consider yourself warned, but the FAA is doubling down on fines and potential jail time for disruptive flights passengers. I’m not sure if COVID has caused us Americans to lose our minds, but fighting, drinking your own noise or refusing to wear your masks on the flight will cost you big time! If you don’t like the new flying rules and regulations, please don’t fly. Walk, Drive, take the or train, or better yet, stay home! But sheesh please stop flying!

https://apple.news/AVjkC3os6TgKMkNPPjtOeUw
Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by TheFacelessMan: 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Thank you, I’m glad you found the information helpful!

Hi Mstravelindiva,

Thanks for all the good travel information you put up.

I have a small question and I intentionally picked an old thread to avoid distractions from topic.

What camera do you use? Especially for the Abuja thread on the FP? I use a Samsung S20 Ultra and I always have not-s-o-sharp images even if i clean the lens. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to improve my images? Do you change to a setting different from default?

Thanks in anticipation of a response.
Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by Mstravelindiva: 10:54pm On Nov 24, 2022
TheFacelessMan:

Hi Mstravelindiva,

Thanks for all the good travel information you put up.

I have a small question and I intentionally picked an old thread to avoid distractions from topic.

What camera do you use? Especially for the Abuja thread on the FP? I use a Samsung S20 Ultra and I always have not-s-o-sharp images even if i clean the lens. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to improve my images? Do you change to a setting different from default?

Thanks in anticipation of a response.

Hey friend great question, I use my cellphone which is an iPhone 12+. Most of my food pics for example I take in portrait mode (which helps focus the lens for sharpness), and I typically record my videos in HD 4K for best quality. I hope this helps and safe travels!
Re: My Traveling Tips During COVID | MUST READ by TheFacelessMan: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Hey friend great question, I use my cellphone which is an iPhone 12+. Most of my food pics for example I take in portrait mode (which helps focus the lens for sharpness), and I typically record my videos in HD 4K for best quality. I hope this helps and safe travels!

Thanks a lot for the response. I am not a fan of the Apple brand but their cameras are the best, no question!

Thanks for the "portrait mode" tip. Believe me, you probably have solved a decade long issue I have battled. I always buy great Samsungs and get mediocre picture quality. Will take your advise.

Bon voyage!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airlines To Compensate Passengers For Delayed Flights, Others. / LASG Announces Traffic Diversion On Epe-Ijebu Ode Highway Today / Can The Old Nigeria Passport Still Be Used To Enter Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.