Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! (3700 Views)

Impeachment Over: Fayose Calls For Street Jubilation As APC Lawmakers End Tenure / Navy And Soldiers Disrupt Polls In Ikorodu, Mile 12, Others / PDP Winning Polls In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by wales(m): 6:36am On Apr 11, 2011
Supporters and party members of the Action Congress of Nigeria on Sunday went into jubilation as the party won the National Assembly election conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

The supporters of the party, who trooped out as early as 6am, were chanting a song: O ya yo Igbale re; a ti le power lo. Lailai power ko ni gberi mo; ati le won wo le meaning: Now come out with your brooms, we have swept off power (PDP slogan). Never will power rise again, we have swept them off completely.”

The party supporters had gathered at the Centenary Hall at Ake, Abeokuta, venue of the collation and announcement of the National Assembly Election results for the Ogun Central Senatorial District to monitor the results.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, and the daughter of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Senator Iyabo-Obasanjo-Bello, according to the results announced by INEC, lost their re-election bids.

The Returning Officer of INEC for the Abeokuta South Federal Constituency, Dr. Olanrewaju Banjo, who declared the results, announced that Bankole scored 23, 103 against Mr. Williams Olusegun of ACN, who polled a total votes of 28, 490.

A candidate of the Peoples Party of Nigeria, where the state governor’s Otunba Gbenga Daniel’s PDP faction defected to, Mr. Afolabi Ogundimu, scored 3, 924 votes.

Bankole in his reaction shortly after the announcement of the results, described the outcome as the wish of the people.

“The outcome of the 2011 National Assembly election conducted on the whole reflected the wishes of the people in our national quest to enshrine an enduring democracy for our nation,” he stated.

He commended the general peaceful nature of the election, particularly in Ogun State and thanked the electorate for trooping out en mass to vote for candidates of their choices as representatives and senators at the National Assembly.

Bankole in a statement signed by his Media Assistant on Communications, Mr. Kayode Odunaro, described the voters’ turnout most especially after the initial hiccups in the exercise, as a demonstration of the people’s abiding faith in democracy as an acceptable and veritable path for the development of Nigeria.

Bankole congratulated all the winners in the parliamentary elections for their victory and advised losers to accept their losses in good faith.

“For me, the race was not a life and death duel. Of more importance is building, maintaining and developing our democratic institution and processes as a means towards true national development and greatness,” he stated.

For the Ogun Central Senatorial District election, Mr. Onaolapo Obadara, of the ACN polled a total of 102, 389 votes to defeat the former President’s daughter, who scored 56, 312 votes while Ijadunoye Boyode of the PPN scored 27, 183 votes.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201104112194659
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Opoki(m): 12:38pm On Apr 11, 2011
Between OGD and OBJ, only God Know who will laugh last, but believe me,OGD is on his way to Kirikiri.
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Opoki(m): 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2011
Between OGD and OBJ, only God Know who will laugh last, but believe me,OGD is on his way to Kirikiri.
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Abayomin70(m): 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2011
NICE ONE THIS IS END OF PDP IN OGUN STate DIS D END OF CULTIST IN SAGAMU
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by legba1(m): 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2011
i just hope the good pple of my state keep the reform on course for the guber and presidential election.the ACN should pls not go to sleep over this victories.baba and his cohorts are up to sometin ooo.more work should be done to ensure the old olurin did not make it to isale igbein gov house come may.pls work more and ensure your votes counts.
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by sirt1(m): 1:23pm On Apr 11, 2011
Na the work of God. If not, the two thiefs will not split. Glory be to Baba God.

And for the winners, try as much as possible to effect positive changes in ur constituencies.

This specially goes to ADEGBENGA KAKA, Sentor elect, representing Ogun east senatorial district, If u no do well, pls no come home oooooo.
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by babaowo: 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2011
i love dimeji bankole's comment,d guy don shop belefull lol,make use of what you have embezzle lol
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by dayokanu(m): 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
We for Oyo state sef dey jubilate small
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Exponental(m): 3:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
All glory to God!!!!!!!!
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Gbenge77(m): 3:36pm On Apr 11, 2011
babaowo:

i love dimeji bankole's comment,d guy don shop belefull lol,make use of what you have embezzle lol
of course he is now a multi-billionaire
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by akinalabi(m): 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2011
The PDP crises has really helped ACN. The PDP votes were split into two
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by folem: 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
akinalabi:

The PDP crises has really helped ACN. The PDP votes were split into two

Very true.

In Ogun State the split votes gave ACN 2 out of 3 senate seats.
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2011
ThankGod,now it's certain daniel will soon see the inside of kirikiri.
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Sdollar2(m): 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2011
~Bluetooth:

ThankGod,now it's certain daniel will soon see the inside of kirikiri.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by danteweb: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
Young people and the Nigeria we see

Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by popoyeh(m): 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2011
Atlast. We Ogun indigenes thank God, he has sent ACN (David) to save us Ogun People (Isrealites) from the shackles of 'power' (Goliath).

E ke Allelu OOO,

Allelu! Allelu!! Allelu-uuyah!!!

E yin Jesu logo, Ogo o o o f'Olodumare!
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
popoyeh:

Atlast. We Ogun indigenes thank God, he has sent ACN (David) to save us Ogun People (Isrealites) from the shackles of power (PDP).
E ke Halleluya,
grin grin grin

I just hope they can seize gbenga's passport now so he won't run away on the eve of his handing over cuz I no go like am if that guy no go jail o.
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by popoyeh(m): 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2011
~Bluetooth:

grin grin grin

I just hope they can seize gbenga's passport now so he won't run away on the eve of his handing over cuz I no go like am if that guy no go jail o.

Run ke, God no go gree am think to run. He must 'eat of the fruits of his hand'. grin
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by vaLasce(m): 1:38am On Apr 12, 2011
Aw i wish dis development'ld bring d change Ogun needs. . . . .
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Gbenge77(m): 10:11am On Apr 12, 2011
Fantastic victory by the ACN.No doubt about it,they are winning the governorship elections next Saturday.
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2011
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by juman(m): 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2011
I jubilate with the people of Ogun State.

Vote President Jonathan for real development and progress.
Re: Jubilation As Acn Sweeps Polls In Ogun ! by Johns83: 11:20am On Apr 14, 2011
This was just forwarded to my phone: Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows: 1. LGA returning officers N5mil each 2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each 3. INEC directors N3mil each 4. All DPOs N500,000 each 5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each 6. Other INEC officials N2mil The monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by 1. Alh Hussaini Jallo 2. Alh Hamisu Mairago 3. Alh Lawal ismail 4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.) PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election. Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers. Pls use ur phone to snap and record all dealings. Protect your vote. Vote Wisely

(1) (Reply)

It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC / The Kind Of Fliers We See In PH / LADIES' OPINIONS: Are You More Attracted To Guys With Beards Than Shaven Ones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.